Haakon and Mette-Marit and HIV/AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit has come a long way from her engagement days and has become not only passionate in her support for AIDS work, but has become comfortable and confident in her position. Good for her.

I admire her work very much. I read an interview where she said that she simply could not forget the people she had seen during a journey to Africa. It is very delightful to see that a Crown Princess does useful things like that without magnifying her work to the status of magnum opus.

First day of CP Mette-Marit in New York: She attended a Youth Summit today (June 7) where she met youth representatives to prepare for tomorrow's UN meeting on HIV and AIDS.

Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4

– Folk har glemt at aids eksisterer - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Strålende start for Mette-Marit i New York - Side2
Google Translation

More pictures from yesterday - she seems to be in her element.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 - Picture 7 - Picture 8 - Picture 9
(for more photos: picture gallery http://www.newscom.com/nc//clearOpenSearch.action, just type in mette-marit new york 2011)

http://svenskdam.se/2011/06/kampen-mot-aids-fortsatter-for-mette-marit/
Google Translation

ADD: article form unaids-homepage
http://www.unaids.org/en/resources/presscentre/featurestories/2011/june/20110607cyouthpresummit/

Mette-Marit met also yesterday Johan Harstad, author of Buzz Aldrin "What Happened to You in All the Confusion?" at the residence of the Consul General of Norway in NYC.
Picture 1 - Picture 2

Last edited:
Norwegian Princess Mette-Marit, International Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), delivers her speech during a conference organized by the International Peace Institute in New York, USA, 08 June 2011.

Belga picture gallery

More from yesterday: Picture 1 - Picture 2 (with Annie Lennox)

video: Mette-Marit's opening speech of the UN seminar "Protection and Prevention: Women, girls and HIV"
Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit brukte egne erfaringer i FN-tale om HIV/AIDS - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet

I watched the seminar and was very impressed. At the end of the seminar she was asked some questioned and her answers were inspiring and full of passion (and in a very good English!), it's clear that HIV/AIDS and the related work with (young) people is an affair of the heart for her. I think she does a great job!

kongehuset.no - Høgnivåmøte om AIDS opna
Google Translation

June 9, 2011 in New York:
Mette-Marit was present when the Norwegian Minister of the Environment and International Development Erik Solheim delivered Norway’s address to the UN General Assembly High Level Meeting on AIDS.
kongehuset.no - Norwegian Minister speaks at the UN

He mentioned Mette-Marit's great involvement and engagement which made her feel embarrassed.
KRONPRINSESSE METTE MARIT - - Jeg blir veldig flau - Side2
Google Translation

Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5

ADD: a video from the first day
http://www.saveone.net/#1564166

Last edited by a moderator:
- Raise your voices - YouTube

30 June 2012, this appeal from Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway was broadcasted on Ukrainian television. Alongside similar appeals from other UNAIDS ambassadors, The Crown Princess urges young Ukrainians to join the fight against HIV

She comes across as warm and very pleasant, the kind of princess who would reach out not just out of necessity but of desire. Beautiful human being.

The Crown Princess will be in Washington for 2 days (July 25 & July 26, 2012) for the below event.

The 19th International AIDS Conference: Program and Accreditation

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is scheduled to attend The 19th International AIDS Conference, which will be held in Washington, D.C. July 25-26, 2012.
The conference is being organized by the International AIDS Society in cooperation with a number of local and international organizations, among them UNAIDS.

From the Programme of the Crown Princess
Crown Princess Mette-Marit will attend several events during the course of the conference. She will be the keynote speaker at the ceremony of The Red Ribbon Award for Innovative Community Responses to AIDS, where she will focus on the importance of the award and highlight the role of youth and local communities in the fight against HIV.

The Crown Princess will also participate in meetings with young leaders and other resource persons to discuss the path forward. In addition, she will visit the Youth Pavilion and the Norwegian stand at the conference.

Accreditation
Media who wish to attend the conference are asked to register on the AIDS 2012 website and set up an online conference profile.

There is no fee for accredited members of the press to attend the conference, but they will be asked to provide certain documentation during the registration process, in addition to a copy of their press card, published articles and confirmation from the editor. Terms and conditions are posted on the right-hand side of the site.

Passport number and the expiration date on the passport should also be included in the registration. Please keep in mind that a valid visa is required for entry to the United States.
Source: kongehuset.no

Mette Marit has an interview, I presume in London, with Max Foster from CNN on the subject of HIV and AIDS today.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the 2012 Red Ribbon Award at the Washington Convention Center July 25, 2012 in Washington, DC.
The Red Ribbon Award is given for innovative and exceptional community work fighting the AIDS virus.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

It is nice to see Crown Princess Mette-Marit attending the event. She seems to enjoy visiting USA and has no issue flying across the Atlantic ocean.

Mette-Marit has yesterday also attended the Population Services International (PSI) 2012 Impact awards at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.

"PSI is a global health organization dedicated to improving the health of people in the developing world by focusing on serious challenges like a lack of family planning, HIV/AIDS, barriers to maternal health, and the greatest threats to children under five, including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition" (psi.org)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

** Hola: Mette-Marit de Noruega sigue infatigable su lucha contra el sida ** hola gallery ** translation **

Last edited:
It is nice to see Crown Princess Mette-Marit attending the event. She seems to enjoy visiting USA and has no issue flying across the Atlantic ocean.

I dont want to sound sarcastic but I think MM has only flying issues when it suits her.

If she was working a lot in Norway, I wouldnt mind. But MM basically jets out either to these high profile events (or when she is "finding herself" or going on holiday) that have become more and more celebrity-ish (its a good cause AND with to-be-seen guarantee), walking around with her expensive bag and shoes, doing her speech (yes, this is what all of them do), but I dont see her putting in any hard work elsewhere.

If there is one CP who I find really disappointing its MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom