Haakon and Mette-Marit and HIV/AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 16.6.2009

Crown Princess Mette-Marit together with Roger Cassidy head
of a HIV centre and the mayor of Oslo Fabian Stang starts a
campaign against prejudices against HIV in Oslo, Norway, June
16, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

OSLO 20090620: Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit was present when environmental minister Erik Solheim opened the "Access to Life" photo exhibition in Oslo, Saturday 19 June, 2009. Foto: Kyrre Lien / SCANPIX NORGE / SCANPIX

It is an AIDS photoexhibition at the Stenersen Museum, later she attended an aids event for youth

http://img230.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13157_10078711_122_420lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13151_10078704_122_106lo.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13158_10078692_122_723lo.jpg
http://img241.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13168_10078715_122_401lo.jpg
http://img158.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=13175_10078718_122_533lo.jpg

It is a pity she didn't take that sweater off for us to see the sleeves of this frock !

Yes, really, what a pitty. Wonder when finally MM is looking out for a fashion stylist. Unfortunately to say she is the worst dresses of all current crownprincesses.
Or she should have a call with her other " royal" collegues such as Queen Rania, Princesses Mary, Letizia and Maxima. These women do have style and grace. Something what I miss very much on MM

Girl you are representing Norway. You should better take care of what you are wearing, hair and make up.

:previous:
Please use the Fashion thread if you want to discuss MM's style and fashion instead of doing it in this thread.

I have to say that I really like the CP couple's choice of patronages.
MM always looks really interested in all kind of social events. I admire her for her work dealing with HIV/Aids (the same goes for Haakon, of course).

The couple is going to have some more events the next days:

"Byen bryr seg"
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend a reception in relation to the aids conference Young Leaders Summit II. Mayor Fabian Stang is hosting the event in Oslo City Hall (18:00).

mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Garden concert
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend Aksept's annual garden concert on the occasion of the aids conference Young Leaders Summit II (19:00).

mediaLine_large.gif

Reception
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess host a reception on board the Royal Yacht Norway on the occasion of the aids conference Young Leaders Summit II (19:00).

Kongehuset.no has a little article dealing with Mette's involvement in HIV/Aids events during the last years:
kongehuset.no - Arrangementer om hiv og aids

Last edited:
Always so simple and elegant, personal and individual.

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit at Aksept
Open air concert held during the opening day of AIDS Conference
Young Leaders Summit II in Oslo on Tuesday evening, June 23

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

OSLO 20090624: Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit hosted a reception at the royal ship in connetion to the Young Leaders Summit II aids conference Wednesday evening. Here Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Marius Borg Hoiby leave the ship. Photo from ANP Royal Images. ANP Beeldbank

nice pics! the event looked perfect and involved all sorts of activities - would have been lovely to attend!

what are the pics in the garden when they seem to be filming?

how many days did the event last? mette marit seems to have changed clothes quite a lot.

Last edited:
thanks for posting Princess mette marit on you tube, great to hear her talking in english !

Wow, I didn't know, that she speaks so good english. Maybe better, than Haakon. On youtube you can see more videos, they are really interesting!

Yes, really, what a pitty. Wonder when finally MM is looking out for a fashion stylist. Unfortunately to say she is the worst dresses of all current crownprincesses.
Or she should have a call with her other " royal" collegues such as Queen Rania, Princesses Mary, Letizia and Maxima. These women do have style and grace. Something what I miss very much on MM

Girl you are representing Norway. You should better take care of what you are wearing, hair and make up.

I am very happy she´s NOT dressed like these ladies. MM stands for something else, for her work on a good cause.
Rania or Mary have been often criticized for being a fashion horse, spending too much tax payers money on their outfits. There might be some countries where you can get away with it, but I don´t think the Norwegians would be too fond about a princess who´s mad about clothes...
By the way, I like MM´s style. It´s always simple, but clean,elegant and unobtrusive.
Prcss Maximas clothes for instance are most of the time too much (too much fuss, frills, colour, etc.):nonono: Royalty shouldn´t dress like movie actresses from Hollywood!

Thanks for all these Beutiful photos!!! To me H and MM is the most modest and loveliest CP couple in europe! I´m so enthusiastic about them! And Marius is such a beautiful boy - his looks plus his close connection to the throne will make him one of the most elegibale bachelors in Norway one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
During last events CP Mette-Marit gave an interview to german TV-chanel ZDF that broadcasted yesterday morning. She have seen the photo of Mette-Marit being interviewed.
Unfortunately I did not fins a link to it.

During last events CP Mette-Marit gave an interview to german TV-chanel ZDF that broadcasted yesterday morning. She have seen the photo of Mette-Marit being interviewed.
Unfortunately I did not fins a link to it.
Maybe you can find it in the ZDF Mediathek! I`ll have look later. :)

Thanks a lot for the links. It is nice to have an interview with her. I like the way she explains the children her lifestyle :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom