Haakon and ex Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sm1939

Royal Highness
City
london
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering weather Princes Haakon was a bit of a ladies man before he married Princess Mette Marit , if he was or if he wasnt
does any one have any pictures of his ex girlfriends?

Girlfriends

According to the book "Mette-Marit" by Havard MElnaes, it seems that he used to go out with "nice" girls, e.g.
Celina Midelfart, an heiress (her father had a big cosmetics company)
Karine Brustad, who wen tout with him when he finished high school. I suppose she came before Celina Midelfart, but the book isn't very well-written or organized.
Cathrine Knudsen. They went out for three years. She was one of the best-known models, but very discrete and well-mannered. Ragnhild loved her very much, as she writes in her autobiography.
Another model he went out with was #Mona Woll Haland, who went out with him when he was in Berkeley. His friends thought he was very much in love with her, but she ended their relationship.

That's all Melnaes tells us about Haakoon's girlfriends, what he stresses is that they were all "nice", well-educated upper-class girls, and that it came as a big surprise when he started to go out with Mette-Marit, who was completely different.

Smilla said:
That's all Melnaes tells us about Haakoon's girlfriends, what he stresses is that they were all "nice", well-educated upper-class girls, and that it came as a big surprise when he started to go out with Mette-Marit, who was completely different.

That's the stuff fairy tales are made of;)

You're welcome!
I wish I could scan pictures of his ex-girlfriends; most of them looked quite attractive.

1993 Celina Middelfart, she has gone on to date every man with money in Norway, not that she would need to as she herself is loaded with money beeing a cosmetic heiress
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/971764969.jpg

Mona Våll Håland, it seems questionable if they ever dated many said they were just friends
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/971765025.jpg

catherine Knudsen she was photographed haveing easter vacation with the King and Queen if I remember correctly
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/971765108.jpg

He had according to the papers a short relationship in 1996 with the violinist Marthe Krogh. Krogh was not discreet and said to the press they were dating and the relationship did not last long
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/971765154.jpg

thanks for posting the pictures

Reina said:
That's the stuff fairy tales are made of;)

I always wonder if it's such a fairy tale???
It must be pretty awkward dating a crown prince (or any other celebrity, for that matter). I'm aware this is not the most insightful comment ever made, but still. I can't imagine anybody going through that kind of hassle just for the fame or the money.

I can see some people would , (money and power makes people do some strange things )
but I must say You can really see Princess Mette marits love for her husband , I think he choice the right one.

How did Haaon and Mette-Marit meet?

They met at the Quart Music Festival in Kristiansand. (Mette-Marit's home town.) They also have common friends from there.

Emmily said:
How did Haaon and Mette-Marit meet?

In his book, Melnaes claims that they met some years before when Mette-Marit was pregnant with Marius, and had some sort of flirt going. Later, he went to Berkeley to study, but apparently she'd impressed him quite a bit as he kept mentioning her in his emails home.

Norwegianne, you know such a lot, is it true that Haakoon offered Mette-Marit to move in with him secretly as his flatmate? I'm not referring to the official flat they had, but to the start of their relationship.

They did meet at the Quart festival before Haakon went to Berkeley. And then they met again when he returned.

Knowing what Haakon offered is fairly hard ;) It might've been possible, but it might also not have been. I know that it took him a lot of persuading her to get Mette-Marit where she is today, as it wasn't a role she felt was right for her, and she's not too fond of the spotlight. But if it is true? I suppose we'll have to wait for the official biography.

Sorry, Norwegianne, I know you aren't an oracle, but you seem to be very well-informed. That's why I asked. :)
I am really looking forward to that biography. Mette-Marit has always been quite outspoken, hasn't she, and she's never been afraid of being true to herself and act in unconventional ways. It's a bit hard to predict what someone like that might do or might have done. There's no better way than waiting for her to tell it in her own words.

was there anyone that the press thought would be the next crown princess of norway

Josefine said:
was there anyone that the press thought would be the next crown princess of norway

I think Catherine was believed to have had a good shot at the title. (she kinda looks like Mette Marit, dont you think?)

Larzen said:
catherine Knudsen she was photographed haveing easter vacation with the King and Queen if I remember correctly
Sonja and Harald have always been welcoming of Haakon's girlfriends and Märtha Louise's boyfriends - inviting them along on vacations, etc. so that their children shouldn't have to relive the nine years they had to hide their relationship.

It marks for a difference from Denmark, where Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik didn't seem to meet Mary or Alexandra until it was really serious.

Hakkon is my favourite CP :p
I am so happy that he's found true love with MM ;)

You know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.Not that anything is wrong with MM, especially as she has groomed up quite a bit, but if you look at the picture of MM in her early dating days, and even early CPrincessly days, and you look at all of Haakon's ex girlfriends, they are far more attractive than her, so it's not beauty that counts HEH?!

auntie said:
You know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.Not that anything is wrong with MM, especially as she has groomed up quite a bit, but if you look at the picture of MM in her early dating days, and even early CPrincessly days, and you look at all of Haakon's ex girlfriends, they are far more attractive than her, so it's not beauty that counts HEH?!

Remember Haakon's wedding speech where he says something like "Mette Marit, your soul sparkles with light" or something like that? That's obvious what mattered to Haakon, not model good looks. (Which I think is very touching.)

Smilla said:
Remember Haakon's wedding speech where he says something like "Mette Marit, your soul sparkles with light" or something like that? That's obvious what mattered to Haakon, not model good looks. (Which I think is very touching.)

I guess the fact that MM had a child that she had to support, she didn't have family money or a priviledged background really gave Haakon a reality check (not that he gives me the impression of arrogance or cluelessness).

And I think that is what he finds so magical in her. Through MM and her son he can see real affection, which is way beyond superficial looks and prada craving women that he might have met earlier on in life. :rolleyes:

photo from cover
Haakon with ex-girlfriend (I didn´t know her name)
CA6Z05IB.jpg

laurixa said:
photo from cover
Haakon with ex-girlfriend (I didn´t know her name)

He is MUCH better looking now! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
melissajames said:
He is MUCH better looking now! :cool:
But I don't know about the beard:rolleyes: it's not something that I like

Back
Top Bottom