The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Will Ingrid Alexandra and Marius get a sister or a brother?
A sister 53 30.46%
A brother 121 69.54%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 09-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
A girl!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Reina Máxima
  #62  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 997
A boy, maybe a Harald or Haakon.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
  #63  
Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
I was looking on profiles of old Norwegian Kings, and Norway have had many Princess and Queen with beatiful names as Maria and Ingegerd (the daugthers of King Harald III Sigursson (1015-1066) also known as Harald Hårdråde)
Maybe Haakon and MM name the child after really old norewgian royal names so her are some names from old Norwegian Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses:
Boy names: (Gosh i have to laugth of many of them!)
-Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Halvdan (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Sigfrod (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Alof Arbot (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Thorgils (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Roerek (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Sigtrygg (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)

Girl names:
-Gyda (Queen Gyda Ericsdottir, married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Snöfrid (Queen Snöfrid Swasisdottir, marries to Harald I Fairhair)
-Swanhilda (Queen Swanhilda Öesteinsdottir, also married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Gudrod Skiria (daugther of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Astrid Ringsdottir)
-Thora (Queen Thora, first wife of Harald I Fairhair and Princess Thora, daugther of Haakon I Adelstensfostre the Good)
-Thyra (Queen Thyra Haraldsdottir, married to Olav I)
-Cecilia (Queen Cecilia, married to Sigurd I, and princess Cecilia, daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
-Cecilie (Princess Cecilie, daugther of Sverre I and Queen Astrid)
-Christina (Daugther of Sigurd I and Queen Malmfrid
-Brigida (Daugther of Harald IV and Queen Biadak)

and its many more!! but of the nems i have posted i like Guthorm,Ingegerd, Maria and Cecilie best (Maybe a Princes Maria Cecilie/a?)
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #64  
Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 PM
kwanfan's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
I was looking on profiles of old Norwegian Kings, and Norway have had many Princess and Queen with beatiful names as Maria and Ingegerd (the daugthers of King Harald III Sigursson (1015-1066) also known as Harald Hårdråde)
Maybe Haakon and MM name the child after really old norewgian royal names so her are some names from old Norwegian Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses:
Boy names: (Gosh i have to laugth of many of them!)
-Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Halvdan (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Sigfrod (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Alof Arbot (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Thorgils (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Roerek (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Sigtrygg (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)

Girl names:
-Gyda (Queen Gyda Ericsdottir, married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Snöfrid (Queen Snöfrid Swasisdottir, marries to Harald I Fairhair)
-Swanhilda (Queen Swanhilda Öesteinsdottir, also married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Gudrod Skiria (daugther of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Astrid Ringsdottir)
-Thora (Queen Thora, first wife of Harald I Fairhair and Princess Thora, daugther of Haakon I Adelstensfostre the Good)
-Thyra (Queen Thyra Haraldsdottir, married to Olav I)
-Cecilia (Queen Cecilia, married to Sigurd I, and princess Cecilia, daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
-Cecilie (Princess Cecilie, daugther of Sverre I and Queen Astrid)
-Christina (Daugther of Sigurd I and Queen Malmfrid
-Brigida (Daugther of Harald IV and Queen Biadak)

and its many more!! but of the nems i have posted i like Guthorm,Ingegerd, Maria and Cecilie best (Maybe a Princes Maria Cecilie/a?)
Of the girls names you suggested, I love the idea of a Princess Thyra Christina.
__________________
  #65  
Old 10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
Maybe the new child get three names (but likely not) so here are some suggestions with three names:
Thora Sonja Andrea
-Thora: Queen Thora (first wife of Harald I Fairhair) and Princess Thora (daugther of Haakon I)
-Sonja: Queen Sonja
-Andrea: Ingrid Andrea Hoiby (MM's pateral grandmother)
Maria Lusia Cecilia
-Maria: Princess Maria (daugther of King Harald III)
-Lusia: Princess Märtha Louise (Lusia insted of Louise/a)
-Cecilia: Queen Cecilia (married to Sigurd I) and princess Cecilia (daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
Sophia Anne Elisabeth
-Sophia: Sophia Anne Lorentzen(the baby's 2 cousin) and Countess of Wessex
-Anne: The Princess Royal (Haakons godmother)
-Elisabeth: Elisabeth Ferner Beckman (Haakons Cousin)
Magnus Harald Mikael
-Magnus: CP Haakon Magnus
-Harald: King Harald
-Mikael: Ari Mikael Behn
Olav Guthorm Edward
-Olav: King Olav
-Guthorm: Prince Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Haakonsdottir)
-Edward: King Olav (Alexander Edward Christian Fredrik) and Prince Edward (Haakons friend (and his sisters ex boyfriend))
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #66  
Old 10-03-2005, 07:06 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
Of the girls names you suggested, I love the idea of a Princess Thyra Christina.
I like that name to!
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #67  
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,325
Harald Magnus Karl Philip Edmund Knud Erik Olav
__________________
  #68  
Old 10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
Here are some other names of Norways Queens (by marrige)
-Ellisiv
-Malmfrid
-Ragna
-Euphamia
-Isabella
-Blanka
-Filippa
-Dorotea
-Katarina
-Eugeine
-Anna Cathrine
-Sofie Amalie
-Charlotte Amalie
-Anna Sofie
-Sofie Magdalene
-Juliane Marie
-Caroline Mathilde
-Marie Sofie Fredrikke
-Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotte
-Desirée
-Joséphine
-Eufemia
-Louise
-Sophie
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #69  
Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Emilia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: vlaams brabant, Belgium
Posts: 146
girl Astrid Sophie Martha Sonja

boy Olaf Harold Magnus Frederick
__________________
  #70  
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 AM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
Hmmm... Girl or boy?

Kristin was one of the names I really liked around the time of Ingrid Alexandra's birth, and time has done nothing to diminish that.
__________________
  #71  
Old 10-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Posts: 221
I like the names Kristine Marie or Marie Kristine. Lovely names that never go out of fashion (IMO).:)

For a boy, I really like the name Karl August, after Queen Sonja's father.
__________________
  #72  
Old 10-15-2005, 01:32 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
I like the names Kristine Marie or Marie Kristine. Lovely names that never go out of fashion (IMO).:)

For a boy, I really like the name Karl August, after Queen Sonja's father.
Again, I think its a girl.. And I just have too say.. I love your guesses! Prince Karl August... Just Beautiful and a nice honor to Sonjas father and a Princess Marie Kristine is also lovley.
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #73  
Old 10-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Posts: 221
Well, I especially like it because my name is Maria Kristina.
__________________
  #74  
Old 10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
LaMinka's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
Well, I especially like it because my name is Maria Kristina.
Well, you have a very beautiful name, Maria!
__________________
So I’ll stand With arms high and heart abandoned In awe of the One who gave it all. My soul to You surrendered, All I am is Yours.
  #75  
Old 10-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Posts: 221
Thanks.:o

Another good name would be Carl Oscar (or Karl Oskar). This way, it would be a tribute to King Haakon VII (Prince Carl of Denmark) and the last King to rule over both Norway and Sweden (Oscar II).
__________________
  #76  
Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Minneapolis, United States
Posts: 21
I think it's a girl, and I have no idea what they will call her. I just love to see all royal babies, regardless of their sex or name. It's just fun for me to watch the expansion of the royal houses.
__________________
  #77  
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
betina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
Thanks.:o

Another good name would be Carl Oscar (or Karl Oskar). This way, it would be a tribute to King Haakon VII (Prince Carl of Denmark) and the last King to rule over both Norway and Sweden (Oscar II).

Now i need help from the Norwegians. As far as i have heard the Swedish kings were not very popular in Norway.
I heard that in 1814 the Norwegian people said that they would stay in union with Denmark or be independent?
Have I got it Right??
__________________
  #78  
Old 10-19-2005, 03:06 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
I very much doubt that they'll be naming the kid after a Swedish king, to put it like that.

And as far as 1814 goes, it was "be independent", no question about adding Denmark to the mix again, even if a Danish prince was elected to be Norwegian king. (We seem to do that a lot.)
__________________
  #79  
Old 10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Posts: 221
OK, then, Karl August it is.
__________________
  #80  
Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
Sverre would be a nice name - the Norwegian king who was born at the Faroe Islands
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]