Guess the name and sex of the new baby...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Ingrid Alexandra and Marius get a sister or a brother?

• A sister

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • A brother

Votes: 120 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olav is defenitely a hot tip. But the media have been speculating on the names Eirik and Sverre as being an option. In my opinion I hope they don't chose Sverre, firstly because I associate it with men in their 70-80s! And secondly, because the name Sverre means "wild, swinging, spinning" :eek:
(http://www.behindthename.com/php/search.php?nmd=n&terms=Sverre)

So I my contribution is Olav Eirik (Olav means ancestor's decent and Eirik means ever ruler) A name fit for a royal (though not a ruler in his own right)

I doubt he will be named Olav. That's more of a name for a possible future son of Ingrid Alexandra, IMO.

I'm still keen on Karl August or Sverre.

Olav - Carl Augustus Haakon Harald Oscar

On Dagbladet its a name guessing ting going on and some have said: Mostafa Harald Olav, Ernst Bernt Alexandra, Edvard William, Luis-Sébastian, Olav Johannes, Knut Steinar, William Fredrik and belive it or not Carl Gustaf Pilatus. lol:eek: :D

I like Olav Johannes and Luis-Sébastian!

LaMinka said:
On Dagbladet its a name guessing ting going on and some have said: Mostafa Harald Olav, Ernst Bernt Alexandra, Edvard William, Luis-Sébastian, Olav Johannes, Knut Steinar, William Fredrik and belive it or not Carl Gustaf Pilatus. lol:eek: :D
A lot of Norwegians have a "tradition" of putting together the most implausible names - for fun. (Seems a lot like this thread...)

The thing to remember is NOT to take everything seriously.

And in the case of names, some names may seem fine on paper, but trying to pronounce them in Norwegian is pretty difficult.

norwegianne said:
A lot of Norwegians have a "tradition" of putting together the most implausible names - for fun. (Seems a lot like this thread...)

The thing to remember is NOT to take everything seriously.

And in the case of names, some names may seem fine on paper, but trying to pronounce them in Norwegian is pretty difficult.
Im not taking Mostafa Harald Olav seriously at all, but its still funny just think: HRH Prince Carl Gustaf Pilatus of Norway..:eek: :D

LaMinka said:

I like Olav Johannes and Luis-Sébastian!

Carl Gustaf Pilatus!!! That would be lovely indeed. :p

HRH Prince Olav Alexander

traditional but modern, quite similar to his sister..

I can just not get down the Olav Alexander road althougn a lovely name combination. In Norway there is a series of children book about a boy named Ole Alexander Fi-li-bom-bom bom- So if they call the Prince Olav Alexander everyone (aleast me) would like to add the Fi-li-bom-bom-bom to the little Princes name. I aso think its a little over the top to Have Ingrid ALexandra and Olav Alexander, We will se in an hour when the name is anounced to us, 09.10 by the PM.

Larzen said:
I can just not get down the Olav Alexander road althougn a lovely name combination. In Norway there is a series of children book about a boy named Ole Alexander Fi-li-bom-bom bom- So if they call the Prince Olav Alexander everyone (aleast me) would like to add the Fi-li-bom-bom-bom to the little Princes name. I aso think its a little over the top to Have Ingrid ALexandra and Olav Alexander, We will se in an hour when the name is anounced to us, 09.10 by the PM.

haha... that's interesting, Larzen. i didn't knew that story, then again i do not come from norway.
i just thought it would be an interesting combination...
so, we'll just have to wait & see..

Larzen said:
I agree, Larzen. Olav Alexander would be a bit too weird. And he would definitely be nicknamed Fili-bom-bom-bom. ;)

Besides, Haakon Lorentzen (Princess Ragnhild's son) has already used Olav Alexander for one of his sons. Granted, it is different branches of the family, but...

(And in four minutes, I'll either be proved right or wrong.)

On the homepage of the Norwegian Royal Family it says Prins Sverre Magnus.

Sverre Magnus is correct.

I guess, those of us suggesting Sverre and Magnus weren't too far off then. I doubt any had the combination though.

Is there an English translation of the name? I've never heard Sverre before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom