General News & Information about Haakon,Mette-Marit & Family 1: July 2014 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: nice for her to share some snaps from the summer holidays:flowers:

:previous: Those were some great photos, thank you for sharing eya. I particularly like this photo of MM and Ingrid Alexandra - looks like they were both enjoying the event!

Ingrids face is changing. She's really becoming a teenager now. Glad to see that Sverre Magnus injury has healed.

Last edited:
It's nice to see the whole family there - Ingrid Alexandra looks more and more grown up each time we see photos of her! I particularly like the first photo from MM's Instagram posts.

Looks like Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra are the best surfers in the family - based on the sizes of their boards.

Thanks eya! :flowers:

Here's an english version of the norwegian royal house article you posted about the CP family surfing in Hoddevik in September:
Surfing in Hoddevik - The Royal House of Norway

I've translated some quotes from an NRK article and posted many photos from Scanpix about todays engagement in this thread - see it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...t-3-december-2015-a-39848-10.html#post2025555

Last edited:
Here's a video of the Crown Princely Family from the Eurosurf 2017.

Read more: Crown Prince Haakon is this year's protector of NRK’s charity broadcast – Royal Central
Each year a member of the Norwegian Royal Family becomes the high protector of state television channel NRK’s charity broadcast. This year it is His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon. His Royal Highness said to NRK: “It’s incredibly meaningful to participate in this TV campaign. It is a very unique virtue”.

NRK has decided that the money collected this year will go to UNICEF. The funds will go to their work to educate children affected by war and conflict. The countries UNICEF have chosen to give their funds to is Colombia, Mali, Syria, Pakistan and South-Sudan.

The papers today quotes the court for saying that Mette-Marit suffers from "crystal-sickness". It's a disease in the inner ear, causing intense dizziness.
If treated in time you will usually be well again within a couple of weeks.

It means Mette-Marit will have to cancel a number of events, but the court reports that she should be fine again by Sunday.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/kongehus-bekraefter-kronprinsesse-mette-marit-ramt-af-krystalsyge

https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/kronprinsesse-mette-marit-har-krystallsyke/68909619

Kronprinsessen har krystallsyke - kongehuset.no

:previous: More about it:

From the court:
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess receives treatment for crystal sickness.

The Crown Princess is improving, but after the doctor's advice, the Crown Princess does not travel to Tromsø today. His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will therefore conduct the Gjestebudet alone.

The Crown Princess will resume her official duties on Sunday, November 26, 2017.

Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen
BREAKING: Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway is ill and has cancelled her program today in Tromsø.

Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen
The Norwegian #royal court confirms in a press release that the Crown Princess suffers from Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. The Crown Princess is under treatment and will carry out her duties on Sunday.

Wikipedia article about ''Benign paroxysmal positional vertigocrystal-sickness'' - also called crystal-sickness:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...ysmal positional vertigo&title=Special:Search

There are many Norwegian articles about it, but I don't have time to translate now.

Last edited:
:previous: More about it:

From the court:

Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen
BREAKING: Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway is ill and has cancelled her program today in Tromsø.

Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen
The Norwegian #royal court confirms in a press release that the Crown Princess suffers from Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. The Crown Princess is under treatment and will carry out her duties on Sunday.

Wikipedia article about ''Benign paroxysmal positional vertigocrystal-sickness'' - also called crystal-sickness:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...ysmal positional vertigo&title=Special:Search

There are many Norwegian articles about it, but I don't have time to translate now.
When your inner ear is affected, you suffer from extreme dizziness, nausea, balance trouble, etc. You have trouble moving at all without feeling absolutely wretched. Even when lying still you feel like everything is spinning. Although "benign" it's not fun at all. I hope HRH feels better soon.

Thanks eya! That interview (on the radio program P3morgen) took place on Dec 19th. - I did listen to it, but I forgot to post information about it here.

Article from Royal Central:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit speaks about her disease – Royal Central
On Tuesday of this week, the Crown Princess was interviewed on the popular radio channel P3 in Norway. Then, she commented on her sickness.

During the interview, the Crown Princess said, “I thought I had come early in menopause.” However, the Crown Princess explained that she now feels much better, but that she, from time to time, forgets more.

The Crown Princess is sure that it is training that triggered the illness. “I have been incredibly good at training this fall and am very pleased with it. We are a team of four girls who use a video app where we train at home in our living room,” she told and added, “Last week there were some movements I cannot show because I am afraid I will trigger the crystals again.”

However, it was not during the training that the Crown Princess noted that something was wrong. The Crown Princess said, “I was in a meeting with Haakon and my mother-in-law and father-in-law [King Harald and Queen Sonja] and several from our management team, I turned my head quickly and then it was just as if the whole world began to move.”

After this, the Crown Princess failed to continue the meeting and had to retreat. “I slept for four hours,” she said.

NRK/P3 article with video clips - some quotes translated by me:
p3.no » Snakket ut om krystallsyken
The radio-hosts also used the opportunity to get to know the Crown Princess better through P3morgen's school diary and asked:

Q: Favorite Series?

''The West Wing, I have seen it many, many times and have a romantic relationship with it. But The Handmaid’s Tale is one of the best series made''.

Q: Favorite song right now?

''Very hard to say, but one of my absolute favorite songs is "Sometimes It Snows In April" by Prince''.

Q: Biggest idol?

''May be Haakon Magnus. He, or Michelle Obama.''

Q: The craziest thing you've experienced?

"I do not think it's suitable for radio," said the Crown Princess.
Scandinavian speakers can listen to the whole interview here:
https://radio.nrk.no/serie/p3morgen/MYNR01025217/19-12-2017#t=1h32m17s

From me: She received some criticism on another radio program and on twitter after the interview. - Why?

1. Because, as readers of the Norwegian forums already know, she and Haakon are criticized for everything they do now.

2. And because her answer to the ''biggest idol'' question wasn't very popular here. - Why? Because she didn't name Queen Sonja as her idol/role model.

Some other points from me:

1. I for one have no problem with her answer. - Why? Because she has done nothing but praising the King and Queen in other interviews (so has Haakon).

2. Haakon has repeatedly told that the King is his role model, but unfortunately, it does not seem like there is any truth to it.

3. BTW, Haakon was interviewed on P3morgen in Feb 2016 (he also received some criticism for his performance).

Last edited:
News on The Crown Princess's health:

Statement from the Royal House - translated by me:
Kronprinsessen sykmeldt - kongehuset.no
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess has had health problems for some time and will on Monday undergo a minor surgical procedure. This means that the Crown Princess will be on sick leave until Easter.

Therefore, on the advice of the doctor, the planned trip to Leipzig on Saturday is canceled.
Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen
BREAKING: Crown #Princess Mette Marit is sick and is going to be operated on Monday in a minor surgical procedure. The Crown Prince will not perform official duties until Easter.

--------------------

There is currently a major political scandal here in Norway (one of many in recent months), so there are not much coverage of this in the media yet.

Last edited:
She keeps having trouble with her health, feel sorry for her and her family as it's seems to limit her activities regularly :(

Is it her back again?

She keeps having trouble with her health, feel sorry for her and her family as it's seems to limit her activities regularly :(
I couldn't agree more.

Is it her back again?
We don't know, but most likely it has something to do with her BPPV (Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) called krystallsyke (crystal-sickness) in Norway.

Read about it here: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - Wikipedia

--------------------

Royal Central article from (the Norwegian) Oskar Aanmoen:
BREAKING: Crown Princess Mette Marit to undergo surgery – Royal Central
The Crown Princess was at work last Tuesday with her mother-in-law, Queen Sonja. Royal Central was present at the opening of the new art exhibition. Senior Europe correspondent Oskar Aanmoen says that the Crown Princess on Tuesday seemed perfectly well and was in a good mood.

The Palace has not released what kind of operation the Crown Princess will have. On the other hand, it is highly likely that this has something to do with the Crown Princess’s balance disease. It became clear last year that Her Royal Highness has BPPV. This was confirmed by the Crown Princess herself in an interview in last year.

NTB article for TV2 and other news outlets - google translation and some quotes translated by me:
Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit er sykmeldt - TV2 - translation
''Crown Princess Mette-Marit has struggled with various health problems over the years - and in November last year she became sick leaved because of crystal-sickness. She has also previously had to undergo minor surgical procedures, but this time, the palace dosen't want to say more than what is already said in the press release,'' says TV2's royal expert Kjell Arne Totland.

Last edited:
Can´t remember ever having seen her in such a short dress!

Can´t remember ever having seen her in such a short dress!

she is in vacation mode lol :cool:
She looks good. Traveling all the way to Mexico no doubt means she is on the road to recovery

Wouldn't that raise criticism with the Norwegian people: she cannot work but she is fine going on holiday in Mexico?!

(and flying isn't one of the best things to do if you have equilibrium issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom