General News & Information about Haakon,Mette-Marit & Family 1: July 2014 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it has always been a wish of Haakon to rent part of Skaugum, I think he should have asked Asker or King Harald's permission (who could have then asked Asker) first - I'm sure that a deal could have been made if Haakon had asked. As carlota has said, he must already be aware of the rules regarding rentals of Skaugum, and for that reason I find it a little strange that he decided to rent without asking for permission.

Forgive me for asking what might seem like an obvious question, but are the properties still available for rent? I doubt it, now that the story has made it into the press.

I don't understand this issue. Theese properties belong to Haakon or not? If yes, it is his decision what he wants make with them. When not, than how could he rent other's properties?

:previous: For what I understand he did not get an operating permit from the authorities

"Missing operating permit
The background to the case is that the Crown Prince has adopted and rented dwellings in Semsveien 188 A-E without mandatory completion certificate or temporary permit.
When the matter became known in Dagbladet, admitted Crown Prince Haakon that he at that time had not applied for the necessary approvals."

now there has been an audit and Haakon had to remove some gas tanks and install smoke alarms
Asker kommune på tilsyn på Skaugum - Kronprins Haakon måtte fjerne bensinkanne fra kjelleren under leietakernes boliger - Dagbladet

"After Dagbladet two weeks ago revealed that Crown Prince Haakon has adopted five rental homes on Skagum farm in violation of the Planning and Building Act, went a representative from the municipality of Asker on supervision.
In documents Dagbladet has gained access to it emerged that the municipality during the audit requested that the gasoline that was stored in the basement under Crown Prince Haakon rent homes had to be removed."

Interestingly the issue about him renting homes out made it into the Sunday Times here in the UK, it wasn't a good read in terms of PR for the NRF, bringing up the couple's use of a luxury yacht etc.

CP Mette-Marit posted a photo of herself with CP Haakon in instagram with these words:
"Hello @syltynn I got enlisted this heartthrob here ❤️ then :) Hope you enjoy the year's most important Sunday! Thank you for taking the challenge! @rodekors #nrktvaksjonen"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL6GvQYjJTU/

"H. M. King has awarded Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Grand Cross chain of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav for meritorious work of Norway.
12/20/2016

Grand Cross chain was presented to Crown Princess at an event at the Royal Palace on December 20, 2016."

kongehuset.no - Tildeling av St. Olavs Orden

Reactions: eya
It seems as if the Crown Prince couple gets more bad press than good. I'm not condemning the couple, but the press appears to be lax at reporting the good work they do or charities they support. To be fair, the stories posted in recent times show that Haakon especially, isn't taking his responsibilities on the estate seriously or is amiss.

I should say I hadn't realized that Haakon had received a great deal of money from the sale of some of the buildings on the estate, millions, so the neglect of the historic buildings in question does put the Crown Couple in a bad light. It appears that they may not exercise the best of common sense and judgement at times.

Can anyone tell me any information about the ring that CP Haakon wears in his right hand? Is this a family ring? Any significance to the monarchy or Norway?

IMG_0934.jpg

Finally an English article, because then I don't need to translate - read more:
Crown Prince family involved in Car Crash - Norway Today
During the Easter vacation, Marius Borg Høiby (20) was involved in a traffic accident in Los Angeles, with the rest of the Crown Prince family in tow.

The accident occurred at 4 pm local time, Saturday in the palm weekend. The confirms the Malibu police to VG.
Police spokesman Richard Curry also confirms that it was Marius Borg Høiby who drove the car.

– There was a minor traffic accident where he rear-ended acar. It was a low speed accidentn at all, as the damage to the front of the car was minor.

We filed a case on the spot, but will not pursue this further. The case is now with the insurance companies, who will take care of the compensation, says Curry on the telephone to VG

The Palace also confirms that the Crown Prince family was involved.

– They where involved in a traffic incident, and everything went well, says communications manager Marianne Hagen in a text message.

She adds that the rest of the family was not in the same car and emphasizes that the accident did not have any practical consequences.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh dear, I'm glad to know that the family weren't injured though. I guess they spent Easter with Marius in America, then?

BT via Limfjordupdate.dk informs that the Norwegian CP-couple with children are on holiday in Denmark.

Royalt besøg: Norsk kronprinspar på hemmelig ferie i Danmark | BT Danmark - www.bt.dk
Det norske kronprinspar på ferie i Klitmøller | Limfjord Update

They have rented a cottage at a camping site in the town of Klitmøller on the west coast of Jutland.
Here they have been for some days now, before the news of their presence became known.
They are protected by Norwegian security as well as Danish PET officers.

Klitmøller is known as Cold Hawaii because of the great surf there.

They are spending time at Nystrup Camping, which declines to comments. However, another guest at the site says: "Yesterday evening we ate pizza at a pizza-bar in Klitmøller with the Norwegian CP-couple and their children. When we returned to Nystrup Camping, the CP-couple returned there, where they have rented a cabin".

They have now left the camping site.

- The west coast of Jutland is crawling with Norwegians, where they seek the beaches and the wide open sky.
It's nice they've been able to remain incognito for so long. The locals in that part of the country are known for being discrete, they wouldn't tell any outsiders if an alien spaceship landed there and Martians went sightseeing! They would tell each other, oh yes! But not outsiders.

That is amazing. I can't imagine any of the BRF, except perhaps Harry (a) renting a cabin at a campsite or (b) being left alone by locals, fellow campers, media, while they were doing so.
Do Norwegians feel a bit 'enclosed' by their scenery, mountains etc? Interesting!

An english article about it:
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway breaks his ankle – Royal Central
“I can confirm that Prince Sverre Magnus has broken his ankle after being unlucky when he was riding a bike,” says Sven Gjeruldsen, Assistant Communications Manager at the Royal Court to the Norwegian newspaper VG. The Prince has been on holiday on Dvergsøya outside Kristiansand, but the Royal Court does not want to say anything more about the accident.

Last edited:
Poor him, and in the schoolholidays too, hope he heals soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
When can i see more photos of them in their vacations? Somebody know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom