The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Mette-Marit out bike riding, what a lovely place
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpkqgiHDP/

Old 08-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is a spectacular country they live in, the Norwegians.

No wonder, they walk around in a state of eternal bliss, and don't concern themselves with worldly trivialities, like shoes...

Old 08-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Norwegian countryside does seem gorgeous indeed. It's been on my bucket list for a long while!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

CP Mette Marit thans everyone for the wishew for her birthday today:

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WRQGQiqBR/

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095346.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095347.jpg
Old 08-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

I love her trousers. They look so cozy.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

IA looks so much like MM in the first photo of her on her way to Uranienborg!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Clearly needs maintenance?!?

The poor woodwork is screaming for help!

Those planks is in serious need of treatment.
And that door won't survive another year without a thorough rework!
My hands are itching!
Yes, yes!

Although it should be said that it isn't so long since it was last painted, but it's very exposed to hard weather.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Was there any mention of the cause for the spots of Sverre's arm? Is it vitiligo or perhaps a rash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Haven't read anything about Magnus' darker patches on his arm but indeed looks like some kind of skin condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I think he always had that. I remember pictures of him when he was younger where it was there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Never seen anything in the Norwegian media about it.
But he's likely had it since he was born, have noticed it in several photos of him over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I must confess that this was the first time I noticed the skin condition on Sverre's arm.
Here are three of several photos of him where one can see it.

At the age of two (link).

At the age of five (link).

At the age of ten (link).

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Thanks!

In that post, CP MM shares a link to the *Instagram account of Marius' dog* (Louie Borg Snekkestad), which had the biography-text: ''Boston terrier living the life with Down syndrome.''
One of the people in the comment section points this out, adding that the owners make grimaces with the dog. The person then questions whether this is an attempt to bully people with DS? To which The Crown Princess replied:
''Louie lever med en kromosomfeil. Han er verdens nydeligste lille hund. Tror ikke eierne har ment noe vondt med å beskrive han som en hund med downs.''
''Louie lives with a chromosome defect. He is the world's most beautiful little dog. Don't think the owners have meant anything bad with describing him as a dog with down's.''

The biography was then changed to ''Boston terrier living the good life with my Mommy: @julianesnekkestad and daddy: @marius_borg.''

Well, well, well, that was just asking for trouble!!!
First with the text and second with CP MM posting the link. Yes, the media even got a main article on VG-online out of it (which is Norway's largest news-website with over 2 million daily readers) - plus that it was mentioned on TV2 News Channel.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Mette-Marit out bike riding, what a lovely place
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpkqgiHDP/
Well, that's nothing!

Just take a look at my response to HereditaryPrincess below.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The Norwegian countryside does seem gorgeous indeed. It's been on my bucket list for a long while!
It's not just the countryside. I mean almost the whole country is full of either fjords and islands or mountains and valleys.

So treat yourself a visit. - But be aware of the high prices.

BTW: I have been holidaying in Lofoten this summer (an archipelago and traditional district with several Fishing villages in the breathtaking Northern Norway region).

Here are some photos: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Information, pictures and videos from the ''Visit Norway'' website (link).

English Wikipedia article (link).

Youtube Video - ''Take a look at one of the most magic places on earth'' (link).

Youtube Video - ''The Northern Light in Lofoten'' (link).

--------------------

Quote:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

Thanks!

Royal Central article (link).

And read more about the reason for the school change in this thread (link).
Old 08-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In that post, CP MM shares a link to the *Instagram account of Marius' dog* (Louie Borg Snekkestad), which had the biography-text: ''Boston terrier living the life with Down syndrome.''
One of the people in the comment section points this out, adding that the owners make grimaces with the dog. The person then questions whether this is an attempt to bully people with DS? To which The Crown Princess replied:
''Louie lever med en kromosomfeil. Han er verdens nydeligste lille hund. Tror ikke eierne har ment noe vondt med å beskrive han som en hund med downs.''
''Louie lives with a chromosome defect. He is the world's most beautiful little dog. Don't think the owners have meant anything bad with describing him as a dog with down's.''

Quote:
The biography was then changed to ''Boston terrier living the good life with my Mommy: @julianesnekkestad and daddy: @marius_borg.''

Well, well, well, that was just asking for trouble!!!
First with the text and second with CP MM posting the link. Yes, the media even got a main article on VG-online out of it (which is Norway's largest news-website with over 2 million daily readers) - plus that it was mentioned on TV2 News Channel.
Her comment presumably did not help matters either. It sounds at least that Mr. Borg Høiby quickly corrected his gaffe.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, September 5, Mette-Marit attended the funeral of Norwegian singer Anne Grete Preus (1957 - 2019).

Here are several pictured articles:

** diezminutos: La Princesa Mette-Marit muy afligida en el entierro de su amiga Anne Grete Preus **

** newsner: Mette-Marit i bisettelsen til Anne Grete Preus: Se de rørende bildene **

** semana: Mette Marit llora la muerte de una amiga y conocida cantante de rock **

** nettavisen.no: Anne Grete Preus bisettes: Kjendisene sørger over den folkekjære artisten **
Old 09-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Princess Ingrid Alexandra participated in the inspection of the bats in Skaugum.

The bats in Skaugum are annually controlled to maintain an overview of the stock.

** Instagram gallery **
Old 09-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've heard about batcaves but not battrees.

The man standing next to her in the photo with Ingrid on the ladder is that a batman?

- The bad bat jokes are lining up! Better go to bed.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Then the ball sale is underway for revenue for this year's TV campaign ❤️ @carenorge"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B31txJwBADU/
Old 10-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Trick or Treat
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4SnvCJB...ource=ig_embed
Old 10-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love it!!!!
The nailed it!

FYI- for those unsure. The couple have dressed up as Margot and Richie from the movie The Royal Tenenbaums.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you check the comments you'll see that Gwyneth Paltrow herself have written a comment. Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Gwyneth have been close friends for many years.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

With that green bag she has had for years now ! I have Always dreamed of this bag !

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news