The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Haakon was seen skiing this past weekend with Sverre Magnus at Hemsedal
https://twitter.com/TV2KjellArne/sta...62640178667521

Old 02-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great video, where Victoria, Daniel and the kids and the norwegian royals promote Generation Pep's "Up and Jump, Sweden! campaign". Obviously done in Åre.

The video at Generation Pep's social media:

"The pepidemic spreads over Sweden and of course the Crown Princess family has also caught it.
The Crown Princess, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar are of course on Up and Jump!
The pepidemic's joy of movement has also crossed the borders and brought along the Norwegian Crown Prince family.
Full speed, play and jump in the snow is a simple and effective way to bring in everyday movement, how do you get into your movement today?"
https://www.facebook.com/generationp...type=1&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/Btx0DffB4j1/

Generation Pep to Mette-Marit in Instagram
"gen.pep @crownprincessmm Such an honor that you participated in our campaign
And Mette-Marit
crownprincessmm @gen.pep But of course ❤️"

Old 03-04-2019, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Palace announced today that CP Haakon is to undergo surgery this morning:

"His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will today, on Monday, March 4, 2019, have a minor surgical intervention for exostosis in the ear canal.
The surgical procedure takes place at Rikshospitalet in Oslo.
As a result of the intervention, the Crown Prince will have a reduced program for the next two weeks."

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.h...952&sek=112472
Old 03-04-2019, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Eya.

Did a quick read-up.
It's a common thing a surgery is done when it's progressed to the stage where it affects hearing and build up of ear-wax with the added risk of infections that entails.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the excellent explanation Muhler. It clarified the situation perfectly.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

General News and Information about Haakon, Mette-Marit and family

How coincidental - I'm scheduled to have syringing for a similar condition in a couple of weeks time (a procedure I have to have done once a year). I hope Haakon's went smoothly.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps you can tell us a little about it?

Having the procedure once a year?!? That sounds dramatic!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps you can tell us a little about it?

Having the procedure once a year?!? That sounds dramatic!

That would be pretty dramatic! Turns out I got the two conditions confused with one another. Haakon will have had a minor surgery where the extra bone that causes his condition in his ear will be removed, whereas my procedure will simply be syringing, though I have always had a similar issue with wax residue in my ears which stems from genetics (my grandmother and one of my cousins has/have had the same condition).

Old 03-05-2019, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks.
I'm relieved.

Anything to prevent an ear infection, if it's anything like the ear-infections I had as a child. They were pretty painful.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

The newspaper Se og Hør has a quote from the Palace's communication manager saying that the operation went fine. Haakon has a day trip scheduled for the 20th, so it does seem that he needs little to no recovery time for this type of surgery.

It seems that this malady is caused by the change in temperature when coming in and out of water (from warm to cold.) It's most commonly called surfer's ear, because it affects surfers and swimmers the most.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
It seems that this malady is caused by the change in temperature when coming in and out of water (from warm to cold.) It's most commonly called surfer's ear, because it affects surfers and swimmers the most.
The technical name for the condition is exostosis and it can also be found in other parts of the body such as the kneecaps, femur, etc. This website has quite a good diagram of what a regular ear looks like in comparison to surfer's ear.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Crown Prince Couple have a date tonight! as Mette Marit inform us!

"My husband took me on a date tonight ❤️ It was Stovnerrevyen, and could not have been more fun. For a bunch, for a script. Congratulations. And for those of you who want to have laughter cramps so it hurts your stomach ... go and see tomorrow or Saturday"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvAGik5h9R1/
Old 03-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Seems that her health is good, so perhaps she can start doing some work. If I remember royalnorway's translations correctly, she did say she wanted to keep working despite her illness.

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news