The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Some issues with Haakon renting out homes on Skaugum without approval.
Kongehuset - Kronprins Haakon leier ut boliger uten godkjenning - Dagbladet
https://www.hbl.fi/artikel/norsk-kro...or-lagenheter/
Norske kronprinsen Haakons pinsamma blunder | Dina Pengar

"Crown Prince Haakon sorry rental without permission
"This has not been in order, and it is my responsibility," said Crown Prince Haakon in a statement."
Kronprins Haakon beklager utleie uten brukstillatelse
i am disappointed. obviously haakon knew what he was doing and the regulations ruling what takes place in his property? if not, he had an army of lawyers surely to help out. i don't buy it when royals say that they didn't know what was taking place.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Majesty

yes
here is the press release
kongehuset.no - Kronprins Haakon beklager utleie uten brukstillatelse

Old 10-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

If it has always been a wish of Haakon to rent part of Skaugum, I think he should have asked Asker or King Harald's permission (who could have then asked Asker) first - I'm sure that a deal could have been made if Haakon had asked. As carlota has said, he must already be aware of the rules regarding rentals of Skaugum, and for that reason I find it a little strange that he decided to rent without asking for permission.

Forgive me for asking what might seem like an obvious question, but are the properties still available for rent? I doubt it, now that the story has made it into the press.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-15-2016, 02:27 AM
Royal Highness

I don't understand this issue. Theese properties belong to Haakon or not? If yes, it is his decision what he wants make with them. When not, than how could he rent other's properties?
Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Majesty

For what I understand he did not get an operating permit from the authorities

"Missing operating permit
The background to the case is that the Crown Prince has adopted and rented dwellings in Semsveien 188 A-E without mandatory completion certificate or temporary permit.
When the matter became known in Dagbladet, admitted Crown Prince Haakon that he at that time had not applied for the necessary approvals."

now there has been an audit and Haakon had to remove some gas tanks and install smoke alarms
Asker kommune på tilsyn på Skaugum - Kronprins Haakon måtte fjerne bensinkanne fra kjelleren under leietakernes boliger - Dagbladet

"After Dagbladet two weeks ago revealed that Crown Prince Haakon has adopted five rental homes on Skagum farm in violation of the Planning and Building Act, went a representative from the municipality of Asker on supervision.
In documents Dagbladet has gained access to it emerged that the municipality during the audit requested that the gasoline that was stored in the basement under Crown Prince Haakon rent homes had to be removed."
Old 10-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Interestingly the issue about him renting homes out made it into the Sunday Times here in the UK, it wasn't a good read in terms of PR for the NRF, bringing up the couple's use of a luxury yacht etc.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

CP Mette-Marit posted a photo of herself with CP Haakon in instagram with these words:
"Hello @syltynn I got enlisted this heartthrob here ❤️ then :) Hope you enjoy the year's most important Sunday! Thank you for taking the challenge! @rodekors #nrktvaksjonen"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL6GvQYjJTU/
Old 12-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Majesty

"H. M. King has awarded Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Grand Cross chain of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav for meritorious work of Norway.
12/20/2016

Grand Cross chain was presented to Crown Princess at an event at the Royal Palace on December 20, 2016."

kongehuset.no - Tildeling av St. Olavs Orden
Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Some criticism to the Crown Prince Couple for the decay and low maintenance in some building on their estate.
Kronprinsparet lar kulturminner forfalle - Aftenposten
Kronprinsparet får kritikk fordi bygninger forfaller - Kongelige - VG
Old 02-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Royal Highness

It seems as if the Crown Prince couple gets more bad press than good. I'm not condemning the couple, but the press appears to be lax at reporting the good work they do or charities they support. To be fair, the stories posted in recent times show that Haakon especially, isn't taking his responsibilities on the estate seriously or is amiss.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

I should say I hadn't realized that Haakon had received a great deal of money from the sale of some of the buildings on the estate, millions, so the neglect of the historic buildings in question does put the Crown Couple in a bad light. It appears that they may not exercise the best of common sense and judgement at times.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Majesty

It looks like the Crown Prince family's dog ran away while the family was skiing but lucky was found again after some time.
Familia Real de Noruega: La historia de cómo Mette-Marit recurrió a Instagram para encontrar a su perro. Noticias de Casas Reales

Instagram posts by Mette-Marit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQQtXp1j...rownprincessmm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQQz94Ij...rownprincessmm
Old 02-13-2017, 07:40 AM

Can anyone tell me any information about the ring that CP Haakon wears in his right hand? Is this a family ring? Any significance to the monarchy or Norway?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	300072
Old 02-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrichie01 View Post
can anyone tell me any information about the ring that cp haakon wears in his right hand? Is this a family ring? Any significance to the monarchy or norway?

Attachment 300072
hi, i known that this ring was of his grandfather, olav v. I remember that sometime i read this. I belive this.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

I think it is an other trip. They were in Furuholmen in Norway with the family, when their dog ran away. It seems in Verbier was she alone or with some friends. Thanks for the pictures!
Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Finally an English article, because then I don't need to translate - read more:
Crown Prince family involved in Car Crash - Norway Today
Quote:
During the Easter vacation, Marius Borg Høiby (20) was involved in a traffic accident in Los Angeles, with the rest of the Crown Prince family in tow.

The accident occurred at 4 pm local time, Saturday in the palm weekend. The confirms the Malibu police to VG.
Police spokesman Richard Curry also confirms that it was Marius Borg Høiby who drove the car.

– There was a minor traffic accident where he rear-ended acar. It was a low speed accidentn at all, as the damage to the front of the car was minor.

We filed a case on the spot, but will not pursue this further. The case is now with the insurance companies, who will take care of the compensation, says Curry on the telephone to VG

The Palace also confirms that the Crown Prince family was involved.

– They where involved in a traffic incident, and everything went well, says communications manager Marianne Hagen in a text message.

She adds that the rest of the family was not in the same car and emphasizes that the accident did not have any practical consequences.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh dear, I'm glad to know that the family weren't injured though. I guess they spent Easter with Marius in America, then?

Old 04-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh dear, I'm glad to know that the family weren't injured though. I guess they spent Easter with Marius in America, then?
Yes, they did! (and good to see you back)
Old 04-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes, they did! (and good to see you back)
Thank you!
It's nice to hear that they were all able to spend Easter together.

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news