Friendship between Haakon and Mette-Marit and Frederik and Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaMinka

Royal Highness
City
Bergen
Country
Norway
Mette-Marit on the cover of Se og Hor(http://shf.no):

Cheers for Marys little prince: Did get help of Mette-Marit
(What was that article about helping Mary? giving her advice or something?)

Attachments

• Forside.jpg
    Forside.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 413
The article was pure nonsense as can be expected from Se og Hør without any sources or anything.

Larzen said:
The article was pure nonsense as can be expected from Se og Hør without any sources or anything.
I start too get sick of Se og Hor! Do they write anything that IS true??

Se og Hor has usually very good sources at the castle, and writes very seldom something that’s not true, but I agree with Larzen. They are quite good on making articles that doesn’t say much.

The article said that Mary would raise her children herself, and not leave them to professionals as Queen Margrethe did.

She knows that Mette-Marit has done the same with her two children, and Mary and Mette-Marit have probably talked about it how too raise a royal child with each other.

The article said also that Mette-Marit and Mary has been very busy with there own duties and don’t know each other too well, but that Haakon and Fredrik is good friends, witch actually is old news.

andr said:
Se og Hor has usually very good sources at the castle, and writes very seldom something that’s not true, but I agree with Larzen. They are quite good on making articles that doesn’t say much.

The article said that Mary would raise her children herself, and not leave them to professionals as Queen Margrethe did.

She knows that Mette-Marit has done the same with her two children, and Mary and Mette-Marit have probably talked about it how too raise a royal child with each other.

The article said also that Mette-Marit and Mary has been very busy with there own duties and don’t know each other too well, but that Haakon and Fredrik is good friends, witch actually is old news.
I agree with you that Se og Hør has better sources at the palace then any other norwegian publication and usually they are right, They have though some grave error, insisting Mette-Marits weddingdress was by Vera Wang even after Märtha Louise said it was not, declaring Märtha pregnant, missinforming about how she payed for her house. And like this summer when they were in Mallorca they wrote that they spent time with Felipe and Letizia even if Felipe and Letizia were not even at Mallorca at the time. And using the picture of Crisitna and Irene outside the yacht club and presenting it like she had brought Irene to Rosarios house to have a baby talk with Mette-Marit and Rosario...

The reason I called this particular story nonsense is that on the frontpage they scream that Mary asked Mette-Marit for advice, and indicates that she does, but inside they write that they have not had a chance to get to know each other. Why would someone ask someone they have not gotten a chance to know for advice about how to raise a baby that is not yet born...

I also agree that the belly picture in the magazine looked like it was airbrushed/lightened alot even if the top seemed a little transparent in the online pictures also but nowhere near what it looked like in tha mag. Se og hør often gives their pictures a little help to make them look better (or in this case worse) Their favourite is adding "bling" to jewellery to make it look like they sparkle....

Last edited:
Had Mary and Mette Marit really not a chance to meet each other in private? Haakon and Frederik seem quite close, so I wonder.

Lena said:
Had Mary and Mette Marit really not a chance to meet each other in private? Haakon and Frederik seem quite close, so I wonder.
You say it your self ... "in private"... We don't/can't know. At least not everything:) Just because there isn't any pictures of it, doesn't mean that hasn't happened. Of course it doesn't happen often, but I think the the Royals, especially the scandinavien, meet each other out of the press limelight. They probably have one or two tricks to avoid the press. Frederik has always been known for making good smokescreens for the press, when he wants to have privacy. Frederik and Mary were only photographed once together(driving out of Amalienborg) until the summer 2002. Then they decided themselves to be seen togetheer at a friends wedding. So it is possible:)

andr said:
If they meet the press would have known, and they has of course spoken too each other at weddings and stuff, but never been on any private visits as far as I know. But they can talk on the phone, send e-mails etc. without the press knowing it.
No, they do not. But the magazines are good at making thier readers believe that they know what the royals do. Sometimes they find out. A lot of times they guess. But much of the time they do not know.

fromEU said:
No, they do not. But the magazines are good at making thier readers believe that they know what the royals do. Sometimes they find out. A lot of times they guess. But much of the time they do not know.

They don't know everything of course. But if Mette-Marit and Mary meat in private, they would have known. Because there would have been too many people involved.

andr said:
They don't know everything of course. But if Mette-Marit and Mary meat in private, they would have known. Because there would have been too many people involved.
I of course don't know if they have met in private. I'm just saying that it is possible without the press knowing. If they want to meet privately they don't have to involve other people. Haakon said to the press when he recently was in Sweden to officially meet with the Swedish royals, that they manage to meet between official events, without the press being on them. So it’s possible the royals meet more than we know.

fromEU said:
I of course don't know if they have met in private. I'm just saying that it is possible without the press knowing. If they want to meet privately they don't have to involve other people. Haakon said to the press when he recently was in Sweden to officially meet with the Swedish royals, that they manage to meet between official events, without the press being on them. So it’s possible the royals meet more than we know.

Everything is of course possible, but it's absolutly most unlikely.

Frederik and Mary visit Skaugum without Christian
According to Her og Nå The danish Crown Prince couple visited Norway this weekend, Haakon picked them up at Gardermoen on friday and drove them to Skaugum where they stayed, only the most close coworkers knew they were comming
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/1.361506

There are pictures, not great, Haakon drove his car to the plane, and there are picture of Haakon and frederik in the frontseat laughing and what could be, or not be, Marys hand in the back seat, taken on the way out of the airport

Last edited:
thank you very much for the information larzen! it's great to see that the corwn prince couples are friends! but i can't see the picture of haakon & frederick in the car, how can i see it?

Yes, I couldn't see it either. They are two of my favorite CP couples.

Yes i would like to see the pictures too:flowers: . What I would have liked more would have been if they brought Christian with them. After all he is the same age as Sverre and Haakon and M-M are his godparents

Prince Frederik and Prince Haakon have always been friends. So Princess Mary and Princess Mette-Marit became friends.
The royal families of Denmark, Norway and Sweden are very close.
In this video you can see that everyone is close.

Prince Frederik and Prince Haakon have always been friends. So Princess Mary and Princess Mette-Marit became friends.
The royal families of Denmark, Norway and Sweden are very close.
In this video you can see that everyone is close.

Crown Princess Victoria has said that Frederik and Haakon are like brothers to her and I'm sure that they'd say the same thing about the other two.

Back
Top Bottom