Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you think he has decided to lay low he shows up again, no doubt he has been payed for the interview in Her og Nå:rolleyes:

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kjendis/article643319.ece
my translation said:
He says to the magazine the wedding was a media jippo, and that the marriage to the former stripper was a well organised bluff.

- I was personally tired of the bullying of Mette-Marit in the media, and all the wrong thing that was written about me and Renate, thats why we decided to see what the media would do if we got married

But even if the marriage was a bluff, the break up 3 moths later was not planned. the reason we split up was because there was no love and because Renate wante dot move on wit her life
I still wonder hoe Mette-Marits mother who seems like a sane and descreet person could marry this clown in the first place, I guess "fame" must have done something to him.

I remember reading an article about the family the day after the wedding by one of Norways most respected journalists, describing them as a nice normal family who would gradually diappear and only be seen for christenings and the odd party like the Ferners, Lorentzes and Haraldsens, how wrong was he:eek:

In regards to her dad, all my thumbs in MM's back .... support, yuh know.

(if you're wondering where the "thumbs" part comes from ... my most sincere apologies ... I translated it from the German phrase, "Ich halte Dir einen Daum im Ruecken".

In other words .... I give you support (in your endeavour(s)))

Larzen said:
I remember reading an article about the family the day after the wedding by one of Norways most respected journalists, describing them as a nice normal family who would gradually diappear and only be seen for christenings and the odd party like the Ferners, Lorentzes and Haraldsens, how wrong was he:eek:
Well, Mette-Marit's mother is behaving rather like Dagny Haraldsen did. Discretely.

I never knew Mette-Marit's father was this ridiculous. His marriage, if you can call it that, was just his ticket to Thailand IMO. Also his claims to write an unofficial biography of Marius is despicable. Even if he never writes one, just to say that you're going to exploit your own grandson like that is horrible. I hope for Mette-Marit and Marius's sake that he never does. There is no question why Mette-Marit tries to limit the time her father has with her kids. He is in no way a role model for anyone, young or old.

I know, I mean her father should give her a break. I think it's enough that she's been through a lot before she could finally adjust to being a crown princess.

Sven O. Høiby definetely has a warped sense of reality. The average person would probably be strucked by such news and would most dwell on it with their family, but this man goes straight to Se og Hør just hours after he's been diagnosed?:ohmy: :wacko:

Anyway, I wish him well and hope that he gets the treatment that he needs.

Last edited:
I agree with you Alisa about the warped sense of reality Sven O. Høiby seems to have.

Call me a big skeptic, but I also find it very ironic that he picked the fifth wedding anniversary of his daughter to announce his tragic news. Isn't this the very man who seems to announce big things very publicly whenever there is something big happening in his daughter's life? No wonder she wants nothing to do with him.

But as a human being, I do hope that he'll get the treatment he needs.

Last edited:
Alexandria said:

But as a human being, I do hope that he'll get the treatment he needs.

It would be nice if he could start with a psychiatric treatment at the same time.

Poor Princess for as much she want she can't be quiet in her place developing her job as Crown Princess, she must have her heart jumping when the news program starts:sad:...

Wow! there's nothing like throwing a wet blanket on a celebration!
Geez!

Thank goodness Mette Marit's character is not like her father.

What unnecessary stress and headache this man causes. If it was not difficult enough news for his family (the health crisis), he adds to the situation by creating a media circus. Can you imagine life as a Crown Princess where your your greatest risk of potential public embarassment was one of your parents?

Hopefully, his treatment and recovery will help him gain perspective on the futility and utter selfishness of his antics.

Sheesh.

Very sad for him but the announcement to the papers hours after being diagnozed.... anything to be in the papers...

untitledtruecolor01ii6.jpg

Se og hør seems to have pictures showing Haakon and Mette-Marit paying a visit to Sven o Høiby at Rigshospitalet after he was diagnosed with Cancer
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske%20kongehus/1.166038

They did the right thing IMO depite all the trouble he has caused them, after all one has only one father

rominet09 said:
They did the right thing IMO depite all the trouble he has caused them, after all one has only one father

I could not have said it better myself!

Lets face it, it was a BIG think for Mette-Marit to meet and marry a Prince, not an everyday thing and none of us know how family members would act if that was to happen to us.

Being her father, Sven should have acted with more restraint but you know, the papers dangle money in front of you and people change.

EmmieLou said:
I could not have said it better myself!

Lets face it, it was a BIG think for Mette-Marit to meet and marry a Prince, not an everyday thing and none of us know how family members would act if that was to happen to us.

Being her father, Sven should have acted with more restraint but you know, the papers dangle money in front of you and people change.

I so agree with you, EmmiLou.

Larzen said:
Se og hør seems to have pictures showing Haakon and Mette-Marit paying a visit to Sven o Høiby at Rigshospitalet after he was diagnosed with Cancer

I think that's really big of Mette-Marit after all the pain and public embarassment her father has caused her, Haakon and the rest of the royal family.

In her place I don't know if I would've been big enough of a person to visit a father after all that he's done to her. Even though he's her father, he's done everything wrong and humiliated her on a very public scale, and in my eyes that would be unforgiveable.

Something makes me think that the visit had a lot to do with Haakon's urging. I remember another interview Sven gave where he said that Mette-Marit had kept Marius away from him and that before it was announced that Mette-Marit was pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra, and even though she had privately told family members but not him, Haakon called him to share the happy news with him. He also said that a few times Haakon had brought Marius to visit his grandfather. Sven had a lot of praise for Haakon.

Both Mette-Marit and Haakon must have a really big heart, to try and forgive Sven for all he has done to them. Particularly Haakon. Mette-Marit is Sven's daughter, and want it or not, he is still her father. It's very nice of Haakon to be such a bridge between Mette-Marit and her father.
Thanks for the info Alex. I didn't know it was Haakon, who told Sven of Mette-Marit's pregnancy. So very thoughtful of him.

that' s courage...!!! To visit her father!!But I think she had never done
it without Haakon. I think he is her strength and support. Maybe he pushed her to this visit. Must have been very hard for her to look her father in his eyes again.

But it was the right thing to do....

it brings to mind a recent interview where CPMM said that CP Hakkon has a big heart and always look at the good of everyone and that she tries each day to be better just for him.

I really like CP Hakkon for that quality and you can see it in his face.

Eliza said:
it brings to mind a recent interview where CPMM said that CP Hakkon has a big heart and always look at the good of everyone and that she tries each day to be better just for him.

I really like CP Hakkon for that quality and you can see it in his face.

totaly agree with you , I like this couple more and more !

I agree that kindness is written on his face!
That must be hard to forgive your father. I know what I am talking about as myself have rather hard relations with mom.

Yes she is going alone to London on September 20th and Hamburg in October, the information is at the top of this page with confirmation from the embassy, but not yet updated on the notoriously slow and unreliable official webpage.
Larzen said:
Here is the picture, from REX

Last edited:
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske%20kongehus/1.287006
Just as Mette-Marit arrived home from India she was told her father had gotten even worse, She took Marius out of school, Ingrid out of day care as well as Sverre Magnus and Haakon, and drove the approx 4 hours to the hospital in Kristiansand to visit him. According to friends and family he is gravely ill and not expected to live much longer

Se og hør has the pictures of them with the children arriving at the hospital(?) (I think it is the hospital, only saw a commercial for the mag on TV)

Larzen said:
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske%20kongehus/1.287006
Just as Mette-Marit arrived home from India she was told her father had gotten even worse, She took Marius out of school, Ingrid out of day care as well as Sverre Magnus and Haakon, and drove the approx 4 hours to the hospital in Kristiansand to visit him. According to friends and family he is gravely ill and not expected to live much longer

Se og hør has the pictures of them with the children arriving at the hospital(?) (I think it is the hospital, only saw a commercial for the mag on TV)
That's too bad. Lung cancer is such an awful disease and it seems to take people so quickly. My grandfather had it and was dead a month after being diagnosed.

Larzen,Please you can say to me since I can see these photographies? And since can I see the photographies of the special ones that the magazine has? I will be grateful for it to you.

Back
Top Bottom