Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the conflict between MM and Sven O. started long before MM meet Haakon. I guess conflict were strong even a time before MM mother got a divorce from him, and MM has most likely a really good reason for that.

But that's past. Sven O. know that he won't see Marius or Ingrid Alexandra anyway, and who are we tho judge him for who he married.

By the way Sven O. and his new wife didn't get more than about 10 000 NKR or 1400 USD each and a low price tiket to thailand from the norwegian magasin Se opg Hör for the images. Thats about the same as somebody who calls in a good news tip too the Se opg Hör or the tabloids get.

I wonder what new way Sven will find to embarass his daughter next? Maybe he and his new wife will give Mette-Marit a new half sibling. Wouldn't that be something: Ingrid's new aunt would be younger than her.

yeadonite said:
Do you wonder why M-M had such a colorful past? With a father like that how would you know right from wrong. I am suprised that the royal family went along with the marriage of M-M and Haakon, there is just so much baggage.

You know the phrase, like father like son.

The title of this thread has been changed from the present tense to the past tense, as information that the woman in question no longer works as a striptease dancer has come to light in later articles.

Norwegianne
The Norwegian Forum Moderator.

After three months of marriage, Sven O. Høiby is getting divorced. The couple haven't lived together since their marriage, and now confirm that they are getting separated.

Source: Dagbladet/Se og Hør.

norwegianne said:
After three months of marriage, Sven O. Høiby is getting divorced. The couple haven't lived together since their marriage, and now confirm that they are getting separated.

Source: Dagbladet/Se og Hør.

What a farce!...I´m torn between those two: :( <->:D

norwegianne said:
Yeah I just read that:D .
And the reason why he broke up is because his spouse is hyperactive!:D He said he has a life and cannot be up to bars and club everynights:D
BUT there's better: Sven has an official web site where he introduce himself as, brace yourself, a SEX SYMBOL FOR THE YOUNGS NORDICS!:D :D
Have a look: http://nordstjernen.org/
God that old man made my day:D

Idriel said:
Yeah I just read that:D .
And the reason why he broke up is because his spouse is hyperactive!:D He said he has a life and cannot be up to bars and club everynights:D
BUT there's better: Sven has an official web site where he introduce himself as, brace yourself, a SEX SYMBOL FOR THE YOUNGS NORDICS!:D :D
Have a look: http://nordstjernen.org/
God that old man made my day:D
That website is not his official website. It's maintained by his fanclub... :confused:

norwegianne said:
That website is not his official website. It's maintained by his fanclub... :confused:
He has a fan club???!!!!!?
Well, my bad, sorry for the misinformation... :eek:

Norwegian princess' father lays bare divorce from ex-stripper

OSLO (AFP) - The father of Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Sven Hoeiby, and his wife, ex-stripper Renathe Barsgaard, are to file for divorce after just three months of marriage.

Sven Hoeiby, 68, whose controversial lifestyle regularly scandalizes Norwegians, told Se og Hoer magazine that "the mutual confidence and respect" to continue the marriage were no longer there.

His wife was more specific, saying she was "tired of this wild life" which she said centred on parties and pub crawls.

"When I got home, it was always me who would tidy up while he watched television," Barsgaard, 34, told the bi-weekly magazine.

The marriage went rocky after just two months, she said.

Hoeiby has been a constant embarrassment to Mette-Marit, who would like to move on from her own past, which includes a wild adolescence with doubtful relationships and a child out of wedlock.

But her father, who basks in the spotlight of the Norwegian yellow press, seems to have no intention of letting her look forward to a peaceful queenhood.

He recently said he would write an unofficial biography of Mette-Marit's son Marius, whose father has been found guilty several times of cocaine possession.

But at least he will shun wedding bells in the future. "I will never get married again. It involves too many obligations," Hoeiby said.

Mette-Marit married Crown Prince Haakon in 2001. The couple have a one-year old daughter, Ingrid Alexandra, and are expecting another child, due in December.

Amira said:
Norwegian princess' father lays bare divorce from ex-stripper

OSLO (AFP) - The father of Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Sven Hoeiby, and his wife, ex-stripper Renathe Barsgaard, are to file for divorce after just three months of marriage.

Sven Hoeiby, 68, whose controversial lifestyle regularly scandalizes Norwegians, told Se og Hoer magazine that "the mutual confidence and respect" to continue the marriage were no longer there.

His wife was more specific, saying she was "tired of this wild life" which she said centred on parties and pub crawls.

"When I got home, it was always me who would tidy up while he watched television," Barsgaard, 34, told the bi-weekly magazine.

The marriage went rocky after just two months, she said.

Hoeiby has been a constant embarrassment to Mette-Marit, who would like to move on from her own past, which includes a wild adolescence with doubtful relationships and a child out of wedlock.

But her father, who basks in the spotlight of the Norwegian yellow press, seems to have no intention of letting her look forward to a peaceful queenhood.

He recently said he would write an unofficial biography of Mette-Marit's son Marius, whose father has been found guilty several times of cocaine possession.

But at least he will shun wedding bells in the future. "I will never get married again. It involves too many obligations," Hoeiby said.

Mette-Marit married Crown Prince Haakon in 2001. The couple have a one-year old daughter, Ingrid Alexandra, and are expecting another child, due in December.

that good for M-M to getting riddance from her father for getting married to ex-stripper but that really totally crazy! but i dont think M-M cant see her dad anymore!

Sara Boyce

So I am not surprised that Mette lived a wild life before she met Haakon. I am sure she has enough power to be a crown princess!

What an interesting character to watch.
I wonder what he'll do next...
Do you suppose the wedding was a farce so that he could have drug money

Has anyone ever noticed the timing of Sven's shenanigans?

He announced his engagement (or got married, I forget now) to this woman right before Ingrid Alexandra's baptism, and now the divorce is announced right before Leah Isadora's baptism.

It seems that every time the royal family is in the spotlight in a familial manner Sven does something. Maybe when Mette-Marit has her third child Sven will announce that he is to become a new daddy! ;)

Alexandria said:
Has anyone ever noticed the timing of Sven's shenanigans?

He announced his engagement (or got married, I forget now) to this woman right before Ingrid Alexandra's baptism, and now the divorce is announced right before Leah Isadora's baptism.

It seems that every time the royal family is in the spotlight in a familial manner Sven does something. Maybe when Mette-Marit has her third child Sven will announce that he is to become a new daddy! ;)

Excellent point, Alexandria. It´s a little suspicious. The guy is playing off the fact that his daughter is well-known and using it to get into the media and make some noise. Poor Mette-Marit. I feel for her. To have such a weasel as a father must be hard.

You don't choose Your biological familly!

We can't condemn MM for what her biological familly are doing and saying. We can't imagine how difficult it must be living as a Royal having that "backpack". But it won't help MM or the Royals denying she realy have messy relatives.One have to remeber though there is a big difference between what MM is doing NOW and what her relatives have been doing. That we have to remember and speak clearly about. MM isn't "quilty" for what other adults are doing even if they are familly.

When I read what MM:s father he've been writing on websites in the Internet, and spoken openly in tabloids, I did wonder if Mr. Høiby is "helthy"? It looks like mental problems to me... And MM:s brother, Espen, have been imprisoned because he abused his girlfriend and kicked her in her head. What a family! But - REMEMBER - MM hav'nt choosed her biological familly!!! She have to live with knowing about them, and it must be difficult enough.

Last edited:
Karisma said:
When I read what MM:s father he've been writing on websites in the Internet, and spoken openly in tabloids, I did wonder if Mr. Høiby is "helthy"? It looks like mental problems to me

Unless one of us has diagnosed Sven Høiby personally or seen his medical records, we cannot say that he has "mental problems." It is slanderous to suggest that, whatever one thinks of him and his actions.

Obviously Sven Høiby's notions of fatherly love or common decency towards his daughter and his in-laws is not what most of us would agree with, but that doesn't make him unhealthy or not right in the head.

Motive?

Alexandria said:
Unless one of us has diagnosed Sven Høiby personally or seen his medical records, we cannot say that he has "mental problems." It is slanderous to suggest that, whatever one thinks of him and his actions.

Obviously Sven Høiby's notions of fatherly love or common decency towards his daughter and his in-laws is not what most of us would agree with, but that doesn't make him unhealthy or not right in the head.

Well, I myself don't look down on any sick person or any sickness. It dont matter if a sickness are in a foot, "haveing feeling of sickness" or having mental illness. So it wasn't slanderous of me writing it. You interpret my words the way You do and it's Your conclusion. I can't be in debt for Your interpretation. I don't look upon sick persons the way You seem to do.

In my opinion a healthy person would't speak about his dauther the way Mr Høiby does, even if she wasn't a Crown Princess. Mr Høiby makes damage not only on MM and her family, but on to Norway as a nation. What's his motive doing that?

We obviously do not know the in's and out's of this but Sven was obviously a decent man at one stage, I mean her mum seems sensible and they had children together.

Maybe Sven feels Mette-Marit did not involve him enough, or maybe she said something to him that hurt or annoyed him.

I don't know, maybe because I know my dad would never do this to me I am clutching at straws as to why a father would do this. Especially as she is now a Princess, you would think he would be over the moon and proud. Instead he is just acting silly.

MM:s have a fantastic Mother!

EmmieLou said:
I mean her mum seems sensible and they had children together.

Oh Yes, indeed! MM:s Mother seem too be great. She displayed an astonishing manner particular in her excellent speech at MM:s wedding.

Karisma said:
Oh Yes, indeed! MM:s Mother seem too be great. She displayed an astonishing manner particular in her excellent speech at MM:s wedding.

i also like her mum. she seems very natural and totally different to sven. but as emmie said, we don't know what happened to explain his behaviour.

i don't know what she said in her wedding speech. could anyone tell me?

Agree!

seto said:
It seems to me the motives of anyone talking about their relationship to a royal or celebrity are money and fame. They all want their fifteen minutes of fame and if they can stretch it why not. I also think its jealousy this person has done better and is well known. It is just a shame that her father just won't go away and leave her in peace.

That's true! If Sven have any dignity left he shall keep quiet ahead.

Poem from MM:s Mother to the bride.

carlota said:
i also like her mum. she seems very natural and totally different to sven. but as emmie said, we don't know what happened to explain his behaviour.

i don't know what she said in her wedding speech. could anyone tell me?

I’m not the right person translating all of her speach from Norweagian language, to Swedish further to English. But I can try with a small poem MM:s Mother read to her daughter. (If I’m totally wrong I please ask You people from Norway to help me right).

Å være stor, av Tove Houck

Det er ikke beundringsverdige gjerninger som gjør deg til et stort menneske.

Gjerningene er som oftest bare et uttrykk for evnene livet har gitt deg.

Men kjærligheten som varmer gjerningene dine,

godheten som smiler i hendene sine,

viser hvor stor du virkelig er.

To be (a) great (human being), by Tove Houck

It isn’t admirable acts that makes You to a great human being.

Acts often only are expressions of tasks (gifts?) life have given You.

But the love warmig Your acts,

the goodness You shines smileing (into?) out of the hands of Yours,

shows us how great You realy are.

Last edited:
Thank You!

norwegianne said:
I've translated Marit Tjessem's wedding speech: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4624 Further discussion of it can take place in that thread.

This thread is for current events in Haakon and Mette-Marit's life.

Of course You are right! It's about current events! I was inspired by the discusion and remeberd their beautiful wedding. I'll try to "live nowdays"! ;) But thank You so much for the tread of the speech. Love it!

Mette-Marit's Family

Can you please post information and pictures of Mette Marit's family such as brother's, sister's etc. here, I don't know much about them and I am curious. Thank you!

NRK pictures
1.MM's father Sven Olav Bjarne Høiby
2.MM and her brothers Espen and Per
http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1028002sx.jpg

DAGBLADET pictures
3.MM's brother Per and her mother Marit
4.Her brother Espen and his girlfriend in IA's chirstening
5.MM with her brother Espen on Gardemoen after she and Haakon was coming from NY September 2001
6.MM vit her parents December 2000

GETTY pictures
7-8. Mette's sister Kristin

Back
Top Bottom