The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
The perfect in-law of a royal is someone you don't see a lot of, or who doesn't make much of herself/himself. Mette-Marit's mother is one of them. I think breaking tradition to ask her to be the one non-royal godparent for the new heir to the throne is a good evidence of how good she is at it. She seems to have been there for Mette-Marit and Marius all the time, and also in recent years for Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra. They call her in to babysit when they go on longer journeys. I very much doubt they would call Svein O. in to do that.

He had the perfect opportunity after the wedding to redeem himself in his daughter's eyes, by not speaking out in the press which might've helped their relationship... I'm sure there are lots more behind that relationship that we will never know, but his attentionseeking has to be a big part of it.
I really agree with what you've said about Mette-Marit's mom. She stays in the background as she should and acts as support for her daughter and son-in-law and their children. Whereas Sven doesn't merely want to stay in the background he wants to be centre stage and chewing the scenery!

No wonder Mette-Marit's mom has been on skiing holidays with the Queen and Sven has only been invited to official functions -- I bet Mette-Marit cringed every time she had to add her father to the guest list of her wedding and Ingrid Alexandra's baptism.

What a disgrace he is to his daughter. A shame that she's had to overcome so many challenges and obstacles in adapting to her role as Crown Princess yet the one thing she can't shake is genetically-bound to her. :(
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-11-2005, 01:59 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Well, it is official: they married at the Norwegian embassy in den Haag, in the Netherlands, today at 14:00. VG got it confirmed by the Ambassador. http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=269981

From what I can get from the article, citing an interview Renathe made with Expressen in January, she talks about her stripping career in the past tense, and says she's started studying for working as an assistant nurse with old people. So, not current striptease-dancer.

Frankly, the fact that the two of them managed to keep their wedding fairly quiet is something I find commendable.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
On the news at TV2 they said that Se og Hør has paid them 200 000 NOK each so that Se og Hør would get exclusive rights, Se og Hør is also paying for their trip to Thailand. Norwegian papers has obiously been on to the wedding and Sven O apparantly denied to Dagbladet yesterday that he was getting married.
What a circus
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-11-2005, 03:46 PM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
On the news at TV2 they said that Se og Hør has paid them 200 000 NOK each so that Se og Hør would get exclusive rights, Se og Hør is also paying for their trip to Thailand. Norwegian papers has obiously been on to the wedding and Sven O apparantly denied to Dagbladet yesterday that he was getting married.
What a circus
I wouldn't put money on this marriage to last very long! IMO its just a PR stunt by Sven O and that woman. CP Mette-Marits father obviously like to be centre stage no matter what Someone should sit him down and tell him that he can't do all this crazy things anymore. But then again there isn't much they can do, because Norway have freedom of speech. But the magazines and papers should stop paying him to appear in their publications, because I think most Norwegians find him and his shenanigans pathetic!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
I wouldn't put money on this marriage to last very long! IMO its just a PR stunt by Sven O and that woman. CP Mette-Marits father obviously like to be centre stage no matter what Someone should sit him down and tell him that he can't do all this crazy things anymore. But then again there isn't much they can do, because Norway have freedom of speech. But the magazines and papers should stop paying him to appear in their publications, because I think most Norwegians find him and his shenanigans pathetic!
I agree! Hasn't MM had enough to deal with, with people bringing up her past etc, without having to worry about her selfish father? Poor MM. Its so sad. She has worked so hard to be accepted by her people, and is doing such a wonderful job as Crown Princess, but her father is making it even more difficult. I know I shouldn't judge, but what kind of parent would go out of their way to embarrass their child in the way Sven has? :(
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
O, this Sven O. is like a ticking bomb. Poor Mette Marit :( The more I hear about her father, the more I admire her for that, what she is now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,843
How distasteful!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-12-2005, 12:46 AM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
I have agree with posts!

its really poor for Crown Princess M-M because she need deserve for her dad to rights marry to that woman! that really crazy to marry that striptease-dancer but the Crown Princess would got shock over her dad got married if she cant watch her proud dad got married and she cant take 2 kids watch grandfather's wedding you know that! or she would forget it! when she cant intives her dad for her daughter's christening what her dad for derserve it but her mom intives and family also for Princess Ingrid's christening in 2004.

I would hardly understand why her new step-mother as striptease-dancer but she wouldnt relationship with her but she would close with her dad or not!

Sara Boyce
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
if people would stop buying the sensational magazines filed with junk and just ignore him and or let him go on with his life as he sees fit, that would be it
Do Norwegians really buy mags, because there´s a new Sven O.-scandal in it?
It´s hard not to read about him, when you are a Royalty-watcher, but I would never buy a magazine, just because there´s a story on him. But when there would be great exclusive pics of cp Mette Marit and/or her lovely children I wouldn´t hesitate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-12-2005, 11:25 AM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Do Norwegians really buy mags, because there´s a new Sven O.-scandal in it?
It´s hard not to read about him, when you are a Royalty-watcher, but I would never buy a magazine, just because there´s a story on him. But when there would be great exclusive pics of cp Mette Marit and/or her lovely children I wouldn´t hesitate.
I agree with you! It's a moral dilemma, because I don't want to support the magazines that write about Sven O. but then again I'm interested in royalty and it's the same magazines who write about royalty. So the question is should I boycot the magazines who writes about him, or should I subcome to my royal interest??
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-12-2005, 03:58 PM
KikkiB's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hometown, Norway
Posts: 500
In Norway we don't have so many magazines that write about these things. We have magazines like Se og Hør and Her og Nå which writes about celebrity and royalty. And they are mostly gentle with what they write, but sometimes cross the line. And its these who pays Sven O. to appear in their magazines. Then we have womens magazines with articles about regular people, recipes, health tips and sometimes articles on royalty and they are serious about what they write. So if I want to read about royalty on a regular basis I have to buy Se og Hør. And I do believe that this magazine put scandal stories on the frontpage to sell more, but I read this magazine with a critical eye.

Thankfully we don't have magazines like the horrible German ones who make up stories about royalty that doesn't have a speck of truth in them. So I miss a serious Norwegian royal magazine. And I believe if such a magazine should be made in Norway Sven O.. wouldn't be mentioned a lot, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
we are probably not referring to the same kind of magazines, I meant the kind who think up all kind of misery of well known people -sometimes of royals- in order to sell more magazines.

If beautiful pictures of royals is what you want, the magazines specifically about royals would, I imagine, give the father of mette marit a small bit of a page.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-13-2005, 12:23 AM
sommone's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
you would not

it would not be your responsibility

How can you say what I wouldn't do? Doesn't matter if it isn't my responsibility, if it was my father I would definitely be embarrassed by any attention seeking stunts he would pull.
__________________
I'm back!!! Did anyone miss me?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Amira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Posts: 1,103
I read on the colour press that CP Mette-Marits Father tied the knot with the striptease girl ...i couldn't acces the colourpress.com site because i'm not a member ...but there is a picture with something about their wedding ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 38
Really... Sven O. is just him self. He has always been a drunk clown since long before his dother become royal. You can't expect that he has too change his life completly just because his Mette-Marit married Haakon.

And can we actualy blame him for taking monny for the pictures from his wedding. He got less monny a year than the cost of one or to of Mette-Marits galladresses. Beckham and Britney sell there weddings too.

I've heard that "exlusive" price wasn't 50 000 EUR as TV2 and VG said but much lower.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36
Do you wonder why M-M had such a colorful past? With a father like that how would you know right from wrong. I am suprised that the royal family went along with the marriage of M-M and Haakon, there is just so much baggage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:18 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Here is the happy couple on the cover of Se og Hør
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forside.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	110251  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeadonite
Do you wonder why M-M had such a colorful past? With a father like that how would you know right from wrong. I am suprised that the royal family went along with the marriage of M-M and Haakon, there is just so much baggage.
I don't think it's that Sven doesn't know right from wrong. I think he perfectly well knows right from wrong. He just has no scruples about using his daughter's public role to garner attention for himself and to serve his own purposes. He knows that pleading to the media about how Mette-Marit won't let him see Marius very often is inappropriate yet he does it anyway because it puts him on the front page of Norwegian papers.

I think it's a really unfair statement to say that Mette-Marit's "colourful past" is the result of her father's indiscretions. Firstly, while he wouldn't win a father of the year award, his indiscretions of late have occured because his daughter is the Crown Princess of Norway. Were Mette-Marit just a normal Norwegian girl nobody in the Norwegian media would care that Sven has married a striptease dancer or that he doesn't get to see his grandson very much.

Secondly, to say that Mette-Marit's "colourful past" is the result of her father's lack of scruples is unfair to her mother, who is a much more decent, prviate individual. That's to completely discredit the role Mette-Marit's mother has played in her life -- a woman whom she is very close to. It is also to say that children who have had difficult lives because of the decisions or actions of their parents can't rise about it and live good moral lives, just as it is to say that parents who are level-headed and moral-minded can't have children who lead colourful lives.
and implies that just because children have parents who lead "colourl
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
He is a fool.
__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
betina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 538
I totally agree
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
ingenue's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 64
how embarrassing for MM
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mette-marit, sven o. høiby


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
George I (1660-1727) and Sophia Dorothea of Celle (1666-1726) HMTLove23 British Royal History 31 10-20-2014 09:35 AM
Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Official Visit to Australia: November 19-26, 2011 Princess Robijn Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 295 08-28-2014 08:34 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread Julia King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family 254 07-30-2013 06:15 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 19 MAfan Current Events Archive 237 07-21-2013 05:11 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]