Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mette marit is not one of my favourite princesses as you may know, but this must be totally embarrasing and annoying. poor girl, this is too much.

Mette-Marits new stepmother was a striptease-dancer

Mette-Marits new stepmother is a striptease-dancer
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
Sven O. Høiby, Crown Princess Mette-Marits father, is serious about his new relationship with striptease-dancer Renate Barsgaard: In the latest issue of norwegian weekly Se & Hør Sven O. Høiby announced today, that he intends to marry the striptease-dancer in the near future. http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm?Goto=frontend/fotos/ShowSerie.cfm&nPictureSerieNo=3949
from colourpress

It should be noted that she is not Mette-Marit's step-mother yet.

Is it just me or does anyone else find Sven O. Høiby to be a major attention seeker? Of all the days he could pick to make this little fact known that he is in a serious relationship and wants to marry this woman, he had to pick his granddaughter Ingrid Alexandra's first birthday?

He couldn't wait to make this announcement next week? I guess today it has the full impact what with everyone in good spirits about Ingrid Alexandra turning one and hey! her maternal grandfather is also planning on getting married!

I can see why Mette-Marit has distanced herself from her father all these years. I can't say I blame her.

Yes, he´s a pure spoil sport. No reason to do this today at all. Just seeks media attention. Boo to him.

It seems to me that he goes out of his way to do things that would embarrass Mette-Marit and the royal family. It's like it's some sort of game and he finds it funny. He is like one of those people who get a thrill out of shocking others. You would think that he would care enough about his dauther and grand-daughter to allow the day to be about Ingrid Alexandra. But instead, he has to come out with a little bit of a shocking and potentially embarrassing story. It's selfish and a bit silly if you ask me.

I can't blame Mette-Marit from distancing herself from him either.

Alexandria said:
It should be noted that she is not Mette-Marit's step-mother yet.

Is it just me or does anyone else find Sven O. Høiby to be a major attention seeker? Of all the days he could pick to make this little fact known that he is in a serious relationship and wants to marry this woman, he had to pick his granddaughter Ingrid Alexandra's first birthday?

He couldn't wait to make this announcement next week? I guess today it has the full impact what with everyone in good spirits about Ingrid Alexandra turning one and hey! her maternal grandfather is also planning on getting married!

I can see why Mette-Marit has distanced herself from her father all these years. I can't say I blame her.
He is kind of a laughing stock in Norway, actually! Nobody takes him seriously what so ever, and most people feel sorry for and imbarrased on behalf of CP Mette-Marit that have to struggle with such an immature father. He plays all kinds of silly stunts to get in the paper/magazines (at least I think so).

Needless to say he isn't particularly popular! He ought to see that he is in a very special situation due to his daughters position, and keep himself in the background and be a support for her instead of disrespecting her so much by his behavior. Her mother have done that (and I can understand why she divorced him!!), and is a tremendous help and support for CP Mette-Marit. At least that is what I think!

And for that marriage, I won't believe it until I see it!!

bigheadshirmp said:
some more articles i found from different newspaper/ magazines...but...i dun understand what it's saying though...maybe some one can translate ?!

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kjendis/article333248.ece
- this one have pics of Renate Barsgård stripping in front of mette-marit's father....

disguesting!!!!!!!!!!

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=277303
this one is from Estra Bladet....

Oh no, he's at it again. I wonder if MM cringe everytime she opens to paper to find her father involved in his latest shenanigan. If I was her, I would just die.

KikkiB is right. Few in Norway take him seriously, and fewer will take him seriously if he indeed does marry her and makes a public spetacle out of it. I think I would have taken him far more seriously myself if he had married her quietly without much hoopla in the press beforehand. I get that the man is a journalist by trade, but really there is such a thing as too much press.

The perfect in-law of a royal is someone you don't see a lot of, or who doesn't make much of herself/himself. Mette-Marit's mother is one of them. I think breaking tradition to ask her to be the one non-royal godparent for the new heir to the throne is a good evidence of how good she is at it. She seems to have been there for Mette-Marit and Marius all the time, and also in recent years for Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra. They call her in to babysit when they go on longer journeys. I very much doubt they would call Svein O. in to do that.

He had the perfect opportunity after the wedding to redeem himself in his daughter's eyes, by not speaking out in the press which might've helped their relationship... I'm sure there are lots more behind that relationship that we will never know, but his attentionseeking has to be a big part of it.

This is disgusting! M-M's father is so selfish. Cant he understand that he is messing things up for her when he always make a fool out of himself in the media! No wonder why she doesnt want to talk to him! And that marriage; She is 34 years younger than him! After a year it will be over! Someone needs to make that man shut up!!

norwegianne said:
The perfect in-law of a royal is someone you don't see a lot of, or who doesn't make much of herself/himself. Mette-Marit's mother is one of them. I think breaking tradition to ask her to be the one non-royal godparent for the new heir to the throne is a good evidence of how good she is at it. She seems to have been there for Mette-Marit and Marius all the time, and also in recent years for Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra. They call her in to babysit when they go on longer journeys. I very much doubt they would call Svein O. in to do that.

He had the perfect opportunity after the wedding to redeem himself in his daughter's eyes, by not speaking out in the press which might've helped their relationship... I'm sure there are lots more behind that relationship that we will never know, but his attentionseeking has to be a big part of it.
I really agree with what you've said about Mette-Marit's mom. She stays in the background as she should and acts as support for her daughter and son-in-law and their children. Whereas Sven doesn't merely want to stay in the background he wants to be centre stage and chewing the scenery!

No wonder Mette-Marit's mom has been on skiing holidays with the Queen and Sven has only been invited to official functions -- I bet Mette-Marit cringed every time she had to add her father to the guest list of her wedding and Ingrid Alexandra's baptism.

What a disgrace he is to his daughter. A shame that she's had to overcome so many challenges and obstacles in adapting to her role as Crown Princess yet the one thing she can't shake is genetically-bound to her. :(

Well, it is official: they married at the Norwegian embassy in den Haag, in the Netherlands, today at 14:00. VG got it confirmed by the Ambassador. http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=269981

From what I can get from the article, citing an interview Renathe made with Expressen in January, she talks about her stripping career in the past tense, and says she's started studying for working as an assistant nurse with old people. So, not current striptease-dancer.

Frankly, the fact that the two of them managed to keep their wedding fairly quiet is something I find commendable.

On the news at TV2 they said that Se og Hør has paid them 200 000 NOK each so that Se og Hør would get exclusive rights, Se og Hør is also paying for their trip to Thailand. Norwegian papers has obiously been on to the wedding and Sven O apparantly denied to Dagbladet yesterday that he was getting married.
What a circus:mad:

Larzen said:
On the news at TV2 they said that Se og Hør has paid them 200 000 NOK each so that Se og Hør would get exclusive rights, Se og Hør is also paying for their trip to Thailand. Norwegian papers has obiously been on to the wedding and Sven O apparantly denied to Dagbladet yesterday that he was getting married.
What a circus:mad:

I wouldn't put money on this marriage to last very long! IMO its just a PR stunt by Sven O and that woman. CP Mette-Marits father obviously like to be centre stage no matter what :mad: Someone should sit him down and tell him that he can't do all this crazy things anymore. But then again there isn't much they can do, because Norway have freedom of speech. But the magazines and papers should stop paying him to appear in their publications, because I think most Norwegians find him and his shenanigans pathetic!

KikkiB said:
I wouldn't put money on this marriage to last very long! IMO its just a PR stunt by Sven O and that woman. CP Mette-Marits father obviously like to be centre stage no matter what :mad: Someone should sit him down and tell him that he can't do all this crazy things anymore. But then again there isn't much they can do, because Norway have freedom of speech. But the magazines and papers should stop paying him to appear in their publications, because I think most Norwegians find him and his shenanigans pathetic!
I agree! Hasn't MM had enough to deal with, with people bringing up her past etc, without having to worry about her selfish father? Poor MM. Its so sad. She has worked so hard to be accepted by her people, and is doing such a wonderful job as Crown Princess, but her father is making it even more difficult. I know I shouldn't judge, but what kind of parent would go out of their way to embarrass their child in the way Sven has? :(

O, this Sven O. is like a ticking bomb. Poor Mette Marit :( The more I hear about her father, the more I admire her for that, what she is now.

I have agree with posts!

its really poor for Crown Princess M-M because she need deserve for her dad to rights marry to that woman! that really crazy to marry that striptease-dancer but the Crown Princess would got shock over her dad got married if she cant watch her proud dad got married and she cant take 2 kids watch grandfather's wedding you know that! or she would forget it! when she cant intives her dad for her daughter's christening what her dad for derserve it but her mom intives and family also for Princess Ingrid's christening in 2004.

I would hardly understand why her new step-mother as striptease-dancer but she wouldnt relationship with her but she would close with her dad or not!

Sara Boyce

susan alicia said:
if people would stop buying the sensational magazines filed with junk and just ignore him and or let him go on with his life as he sees fit, that would be it

Do Norwegians really buy mags, because there´s a new Sven O.-scandal in it?
It´s hard not to read about him, when you are a Royalty-watcher, but I would never buy a magazine, just because there´s a story on him. But when there would be great exclusive pics of cp Mette Marit and/or her lovely children I wouldn´t hesitate.

Lena said:
Do Norwegians really buy mags, because there´s a new Sven O.-scandal in it?
It´s hard not to read about him, when you are a Royalty-watcher, but I would never buy a magazine, just because there´s a story on him. But when there would be great exclusive pics of cp Mette Marit and/or her lovely children I wouldn´t hesitate.

I agree with you! It's a moral dilemma, because I don't want to support the magazines that write about Sven O. but then again I'm interested in royalty and it's the same magazines who write about royalty. So the question is should I boycot the magazines who writes about him, or should I subcome to my royal interest??

In Norway we don't have so many magazines that write about these things. We have magazines like Se og Hør and Her og Nå which writes about celebrity and royalty. And they are mostly gentle with what they write, but sometimes cross the line. And its these who pays Sven O. to appear in their magazines. Then we have womens magazines with articles about regular people, recipes, health tips and sometimes articles on royalty and they are serious about what they write. So if I want to read about royalty on a regular basis I have to buy Se og Hør. And I do believe that this magazine put scandal stories on the frontpage to sell more, but I read this magazine with a critical eye.

Thankfully we don't have magazines like the horrible German ones who make up stories about royalty that doesn't have a speck of truth in them. So I miss a serious Norwegian royal magazine. And I believe if such a magazine should be made in Norway Sven O.. wouldn't be mentioned a lot, if at all.

susan alicia said:
we are probably not referring to the same kind of magazines, I meant the kind who think up all kind of misery of well known people -sometimes of royals- in order to sell more magazines.

If beautiful pictures of royals is what you want, the magazines specifically about royals would, I imagine, give the father of mette marit a small bit of a page.

susan alicia said:
you would not

it would not be your responsibility

How can you say what I wouldn't do?:confused: Doesn't matter if it isn't my responsibility, if it was my father I would definitely be embarrassed by any attention seeking stunts he would pull.:cool:

I read on the colour press that CP Mette-Marits Father tied the knot with the striptease girl ...i couldn't acces the colourpress.com site because i'm not a member ...but there is a picture with something about their wedding ...

Really... Sven O. is just him self. He has always been a drunk clown since long before his dother become royal. You can't expect that he has too change his life completly just because his Mette-Marit married Haakon.

And can we actualy blame him for taking monny for the pictures from his wedding. He got less monny a year than the cost of one or to of Mette-Marits galladresses. Beckham and Britney sell there weddings too.

I've heard that "exlusive" price wasn't 50 000 EUR as TV2 and VG said but much lower.

Do you wonder why M-M had such a colorful past? With a father like that how would you know right from wrong. I am suprised that the royal family went along with the marriage of M-M and Haakon, there is just so much baggage.

Here is the happy couple on the cover of Se og Hør:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Forside.jpg
    Forside.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 389
yeadonite said:
Do you wonder why M-M had such a colorful past? With a father like that how would you know right from wrong. I am suprised that the royal family went along with the marriage of M-M and Haakon, there is just so much baggage.

I don't think it's that Sven doesn't know right from wrong. I think he perfectly well knows right from wrong. He just has no scruples about using his daughter's public role to garner attention for himself and to serve his own purposes. He knows that pleading to the media about how Mette-Marit won't let him see Marius very often is inappropriate yet he does it anyway because it puts him on the front page of Norwegian papers.

I think it's a really unfair statement to say that Mette-Marit's "colourful past" is the result of her father's indiscretions. Firstly, while he wouldn't win a father of the year award, his indiscretions of late have occured because his daughter is the Crown Princess of Norway. Were Mette-Marit just a normal Norwegian girl nobody in the Norwegian media would care that Sven has married a striptease dancer or that he doesn't get to see his grandson very much.

Secondly, to say that Mette-Marit's "colourful past" is the result of her father's lack of scruples is unfair to her mother, who is a much more decent, prviate individual. That's to completely discredit the role Mette-Marit's mother has played in her life -- a woman whom she is very close to. It is also to say that children who have had difficult lives because of the decisions or actions of their parents can't rise about it and live good moral lives, just as it is to say that parents who are level-headed and moral-minded can't have children who lead colourful lives.
and implies that just because children have parents who lead "colourl

Back
Top Bottom