Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
Mette-Marit's father makes music video

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's father, Sven O Hoiby, is launching his own music video.

Hoiby said he identified with the music and text, written by local entertainer Dag Ringstad. "I thought the text was very good and fitting for myself as well," he told wire service NTB.

In the video, Hoiby dances and sings that he, roughly translated, "has done a lot of good, and made a fool of myself," that "I've cleaned up after myself, I've made a lot of messes," and that "I've chewed out a lot of people who have made mistakes I also made."

The video is the latest of the irreverent Hoiby's projects that may not sit well with Norway's royal family. He regularly gives interviews to gossip magazines, has subjected himself to compromising situations and says he plans to write a book about his grandson Marius, whom he seldom sees. Marius is his daughter Mette-Marit's son from a brief affair before she met Crown Prince Haakon.

The book project reportedly infuriated now Crown Princess Mette-Marit, who refuses to talk about her father and reportedly isn't on speaking terms with him.

Hoiby, who is divorced from Mette-Marit's mother, admitted that no one in his immediate family has seen the video yet. "They'll see it soon enough," he said.

In one way, Hoiby is following in the crown princess' footsteps. She played in a video herself with the Bergen band Pogo Pops in 1996, and unauthorized videos also have circulated that allegedly portray her during her own wild past when she was active on Oslo's house party scene.

The royal family is gathering this week to baptize the baby daughter of Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn, mark the 100th anniversary of the late King Olav's birth and celebrate Queen Sonja's 66th birthday. Sven O Hoiby isn't expected to appear on any of the guest lists.

CROWN PRINCE HAAKON:
Crown Prince criticizes news paper
Hanne Dankertsen 21.08.03 11:04, ny 21.08.03 11:08

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon hits back against tabloid VG, saying that the newspaper was going too far in printing a story about the Crown Princess's relationship to her father on Wednesday.

For us it is important to express that VG crossed the line today" , the Crown Prince told NRK Television's main news programme on Wednesday.

On behalf of VG, research company Omnijet conducted a survey about the public opinion of the Crown Princess and her relationship with her father, Sven O. Høiby. 49 percent of the respondents said they thought the Crown Princess should re-establish contact with her father.

The survey counted 914 respondents and was used as the base of VG's top story on Wednesday. Apologised Both members of the press and political chief editor Olav Versto criticised the story. Versto regretted printing the story and apologised for it, saying that it should never have been printed. " Some of the descriptions of private relations are unacceptable.

The media should be careful about pulling in third parties and using us to create stories and we hope the media will show consideration when reporting about personal and private relations", the Crown Prince said.

The Crown Prince confirmed that the VG story was upsetting. "We appreciate the fact that VG has apologised for the story. Still, it is important to focus on this regrettable development", he added.

Asked if the story had affected the Crown Princess's pregnancy, he laughed and said he did not think so. "Though it may have disturbed my preparations for my exams", he said.

Per Edgar Kokkvold, leader of the Norwegian press association, calls VG's story "distasteful poking around": "The story represents an invasion of the private sphere", Kokkvold said.

He added that the royals will have to handle public interest and that their private sphere is smaller than that of other public people in Norway: " But they have the right to have a private sphere. It is distasteful to poke around in the relationship between a daughter and a father", Kokkvold told NRK.

www.pub.tv2.no/nettavisen

Interesting story, Mandy. And while I can certainly see Haakon's (and the rest of the royal family's) point of view on this situation and think that VG crossed the journalistic ethical lines, I think the lines between public and private life will only be blurred more and more in the future. Public interest in Haakon and Mette-Marit's life will only increase more and more, espescialy with a new heir to be born in the coming months.

And in Mette-Marit's life espescially, with her father being so public and vocal about the discord with his daughter and how "nice" his princely son-in-law is, even if Haakon and Mette-Marit are not opening themselves up to these kind of discussions, Mette-Marit's father is. He is opening the door for the press to discuss how his daughter does not talk to him and that it was his son-in-law who called to tell him of his daughter's pregnancy, etc.

Look at Mette-Marit's mom. We hardly hear about her good relationship with her daughter. I know that good, happy, functional families are hardly the stuff that sells paper, but stories of Mette-Marit's youth or what the mother's pregnancy with Mette-Marit was like would surely sell a paper or two. But the difference is, Mette-Marit's mom keeps her mouth shut and speaks publicly only when invited to.

The same could be said for the case of CP Maxima. Her father is a "controversial" figure in Argentina and while there are certainly stories about him, there are not as many because he has never spoken publicly (that I know of) about his daughter or son-in-law.

Sven Høiby - Mette-Marits father

Since Sven hasn't been be on the "bestest of terms" with his daughter, CP Mette-Marit, do you think he'll be considered as "a guest at the Christening", "an onlooker", a "godfather", etc., etc. There hasn't been much mention of him lately, but maybe "things" are different right now between them as "behind closed doors". :unsure:

The other day, I thought I'd read the wedding speeches of the Norway wedding, one of which was from King Haakon, CP Haakon, AND Mette-Marit's mother, Mrs. Marit (? Is this the way she is referred to ~ MRS. Marit??). Well, anyway, I certainly didn't see a speech being given by "Sven" ~ and, this was a really big "snub" to his character, I imagine. Mette-Marit didn't even ask her father to walk her down the aisle ~ therefore the two of them (MM and CP) walked down the aisle together.

Writing this book about Marius, which MM vehemently objected to, revealed to me that Sven just might be "an opportunist" ~ capitalizing on his daughter's high profile wedding and position. I'm also wondering if he's been allow to see his grandson.

Inquiring minds ~

Elizajane

He himself has said on numerous occasions that Haakon has stated to him in a phone call that he will be invited to the Christening.

Honestly, I don't know. It seems like he's broken off his relationship with Se og Hør, or maybe he was replaced with Princess Ragnhild.

(If it's not one part of the family, it's the other.)

Originally posted by Elizajane@Feb 10th, 2004 - 5:51 pm
wedding speeches of the Norway wedding, one of which was from King Haakon, CP Haakon,
AND Mette-Marit's mother, Mrs. Marit (? Is this the way she is referred to ~ MRS. Marit??). 
NO

Unmarried her name was Marit Tjessem
In her first long marriage her name was Marit Høiby
As a divorcée her name was Marit Tjessem
In her second marriage her name is Marit Tjessem

In the weeding of Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby she did hold a speech : Marit Tjessems tale

In Norway such terms you refer to are not used anymore :
not Miss ~ frøken
not Mrs. ~ fru
rarely Ms. ~ fr

I don't think Mette-Marit's father will be asked to be one of Ingrid Alexandra's sponsors, seeing as how distant his relationship with his own daughter is. I know, however, that Haakon has tried very much to be an intermediary link between Sven and Mette-Marit, as Sven has said so on many occasions. (I think it was Haakon who told Sven about Mette-Marit being pregnant and not his own daughter? Or something important, it was Haakon who told Sven and not his daughter at any rate.)

Originally posted by anna+Feb 10th, 2004 - 1:33 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Feb 10th, 2004 - 1:33 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elizajane@Feb 10th, 2004 - 5:51 pm
wedding speeches of the Norway wedding, one of which was from King Haakon, CP Haakon,
AND Mette-Marit's mother, Mrs. Marit (? Is this the way she is referred to ~ MRS. Marit??). 
NO

Unmarried her name was Marit Tjessem
In her first long marriage her name was Marit Høiby
As a divorcée her name was Marit Tjessem
In her second marriage her name is Marit Tjessem

In the weeding of Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby she did hold a speech : Marit Tjessems tale

In Norway such terms you refer to are not used anymore :
not Miss ~ frøken
not Mrs. ~ fru
rarely Ms. ~ fr
[/b][/quote]
Anna is correct. ;) For some reason Norwegians have become less polite over the years. The prefixes Mr., Mrs. and Miss are almost outdated in Norwegian society. Note: The Palace referred to Mette-Marit as Frøken (Miss) Tjessem Høiby in the engagement announcement and until the wedding But other than that it's outdated. We're an impolite society, and everyone is on first-name with each other.

And Mette-Marit's mother is always referred to as Marit Tjessem.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm
I think it was Haakon who told Sven about Mette-Marit being pregnant
and not his own daughter?
Mette-Marit has neither seen nor spoken with her father

since her wedding day 25.august 2001

every relationship has 2 participents ...

Originally posted by anna+Feb 10th, 2004 - 5:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Feb 10th, 2004 - 5:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexandria@Feb 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm
I think it was Haakon who told Sven about Mette-Marit being pregnant
and not his own daughter?

every relationship has 2 participents ... [/b][/quote]
That's so sad. I wonder if we'll ever know the real reason of this "split" between father and daughter. Becoming a grandfather should be such a "happy experience" and a christening should be an "honorable occasion".

Elizjane :(

Originally posted by anna@Feb 10th, 2004 - 4:48 pm

every relationship has 2 participents ...
There was an event in Mette-Marit's hometown, I believe, that both father and daughter attended and a very big deal was made out of the fact that Mette-Marit and Sven were not sat at the same table nor did she say anything to him during the whole evening, although I think he tried to speak with his daughter.

I remember that at the event Mette-Marit wore a cream-coloured outfit, a floor-length skirt and matching sweater. Does anyone else remember this event? Was that event before or after her wedding?

And despite Sven's attempts to mend relations with his daughter, I think that she has valid reason to reject his attempts. I'm sure that there are deeper rifts that are unknown to the public, but what is publicly known is pretty bad. I mean, Sven's repeated chats with the press and very public complaints to the press about his daughter's rejection and not allowing him to see his grandson are more than enough in my books. I think Marius should be allowed to see his grandfather, don't get me wrong, but I think Sven is sort of using Marius to get to Mette-Marit and to pull at heart strings. And wasn't he writing a book of some sort, too?

You never hear anything from Mette-Marit's mother, and certainly not other Crown Princesses' and their families. Even Maxima's parents (especially her father) have never given a public interview to my knowledge, and certainly their's would be an interesting story.

its not fair for Merit-Marit but her baby daughter would must christening needs dedication their baby! cant without dedication no ceremony for their baby you know that! mostly Royal baby always have christening after born about 2-3 months old but she is Crown Princess! and her baby would be become Queen one day! let give'em break for Merit-Marit! :angry:

Sara Boyce

Weither or not the father of Mette-Marit is at the christianing, it will still take place. They Royals just need to find a time for it :) (goodness knows this year is busy).

Originally posted by Elizajane@Feb 10th, 2004 - 11:51 am
Since Sven hasn't been be on the "bestest of terms" with his daughter, CP Mette-Marit, do you think he'll be considered as "a guest at the Christening", "an onlooker", a "godfather", etc., etc. There hasn't been much mention of him lately, but maybe "things" are different right now between them as "behind closed doors". :unsure:

Writing this book about Marius, which MM vehemently objected to, revealed to me that Sven just might be "an opportunist" ~ capitalizing on his daughter's high profile wedding and position. I'm also wondering if he's been allow to see his grandson.

Inquiring minds ~

Elizajane
I think it's obvious that he cares nothing for his daughter. I don't care how bad a relationship is, no loving parent would do the things that he continues to do to his daughter.

I don't have the best relationship with my mother either but she would NEVER try to publicly humiliate me (and make herself look like a fool in the process). Given the sensitivity of the situation (marrying into royalty & all) I'm sure my mother would keep her mouth shut & stay away from reporters at all cost.

It has been reported that Sven will attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening this month.

Originally posted by carlota@Apr 7th, 2004 - 11:54 am
does mm say anything about her father?
I really don't think that father and daughter are on speaking terms. If that is indeed the case, then I would guess that MM doesn't have much to say about him, at least not publicly.

Well, Sven was asked once, by a reporter, what he imagined that his daughter would think of what he was doing.

He said that he imagined that she wouldn't like it much. :innocent:

Goodness me......you'd think for his daughter's sake he'd act a little more mature.
-Kara-

Poor Mette-Marit!! No matter what good she does, her family is there to drag her down--no wonder she had the problems she did!!

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 1:29 am
Poor Mette-Marit!! No matter what good she does, her family is there to drag her down--no wonder she had the problems she did!!
It's terrible what he does to her, and she tries so hard to do a good job as a royal. I just hope no one thinks less of her because of his actions. I think she's doing a great job. :flower:

Originally posted by Angel S.+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:55 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angel S. @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:55 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 1:29 am
"It's terrible what he does to her, and she tries so hard to do a good job as a royal. I just hope no one thinks less of her because of his actions. I think she's doing a great job. :flower: [/b]"

mm she is not one of my favourite royals, but what her father does to her is quite dissapointing. she is having lots of difficulties to addapt to her new life and her father is doing that job even difficultier. too bad for mr. hoiby... it seems he doesn't really care for her daughter.

Last edited:
Originally posted by carlota+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:24 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:24 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Angel S.@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:55 am
<!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin
@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 1:29 am

It's terrible what he does to her, and she tries so hard to do a good job as a royal. I just hope no one thinks less of her because of his actions. I think she's doing a great job. :flower:
mm is not one of my favourite royals, but what her father does to her is quite dissapointing. she is having lots of difficulties to addapt to her new life and her father is doing that job even difficultier. too bad for mr. hoiby... it seems she doesn't really care for her daughter. [/b][/quote]
To paraphrase an old American expression: "With family like that, who needs enemies!!! :sick:

Wow. At least he seems to be enjoying himself...

Why does it look like he's signing autographs or something?

Embarassing Sven O. Hoiby

It seems that Mette-Marit's father is coming up with yet another way to embarass her and to get himself in the spotlight. Honestly, I think this many must lay awake at night coming up with ways to embarass his daughter.

Sven O. Hoiby and Knut 'Sputnik' Storbukaas - 20040820 only by colourpress.com Bostrak, Norway - Sven O. Hoiby, The Crown Princess' father, and Knut 'Sputnik' Storbukaas perform together in a new Elvis-show. Photo: Tom Hansen

TH_Sputnik_2195440.jpg

TH_Sputnik_0595433.jpg

But at least he's got a Norwegian flag in his hands ...
TH_Sputnik_2295441.jpg

We feel so sorry for Mette-Marit that her dad screws up like this all the time! She isn't very popular, and we don't think that her dad's stupid behaviour will add any points!

Though we think it's stupid, we have to ask if anybody has any pictures of Sven O.'s girlfriend Cowboy-Laila???

Umm may I ask what these pictures are for? What is he doing?

Back
Top Bottom