Espen Høiby's wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a cute little story! I can just picture the entire scene. It really show's little IA's strength of character.

Love MM's outfit and doesn't she just look beautiful!

Ingrid is so sweet and adorable!

Congratulations !!!!!! thanks for the information.

Larzen said:
No she has one sister, and two brothers, Espen is a pilot, Per works in the Military, a quite high posision I think because he is on TV sometimes answering military questions, he has also been aide de camp for King Harald, before his sister met Haakon though. Im not sure what her sister do really, the press never writes about her, she is married and has three girls and lives in Kristiansand I think. All her siblings are quite alot older than her.

Thanks for the pictures and the anecdote. Is Espen the brother that had to was sent to jail a few years ago or was that Per? Also did Mette-Marit's sister attend the wedding? thanks in advance.

Alisa said:
Thanks for the pictures and the anecdote. Is Espen the brother that had to was sent to jail a few years ago or was that Per? Also did Mette-Marit's sister attend the wedding? thanks in advance.
I think it was Espen that had gotten in some sort of trouble for some kind of "domestic violence"w/ his g-friend...Hmm, I wonder if it was the same woman? And yes, was the sister there?

thank you for post the fab pictures, it looked like a really great wedding , loved mm dress.

Alisa said:
Yes it was Espen, not with his wife though. Mette-Marits sister did attend, I have identified here here Both Per and Kristin keeps very low profiles, well Per is on TV sometimes but they never ask him about his sister, its always restricted to military questions. Somehow the press is more interested in Espen, maybe not so strange considering his history. the press also likes to write that he is the sibling she is closest to, dont know if that is true. When 911 happened when they were on their hooneymoon in New York (and she still was very afraid of flying), Espen flew over to accompany them on the trip home to support her, they were pictured arriving together at Gardermoen. (see pic 2)

Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy and her husband

Per Høiby and his wife Wenche

VG/Aftenposten/Scanpix

Fedrelandsvennen has a photoseries as well, I attach the ones who are different, the rest can be seen here

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 636
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:

The bear is back!!!!!!

The wedding seems beautiful a very happy day! It is wonderful that Mette-Marit is still close to her family even with her busy schedule. Only one thing could have made this better..... Marius completing the family!!!!!!

Thanks for the new photos, I am glad that they follow appeared newer :D !!!!

Larzen said:
Pictures by Erlend Berge - se og hør
http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc477/th_06888_12_477lo.jpg http://img148.imagevenue.com/loc583/th_06894_23_583lo.jpg

Pictures from scanpix-Aftenposten
It does not look like Marius was there, maybe he is on vacation with his father?
1 Hidra church
In the backround of pic 2 and 3 you can see Ingrid and Sverres nanny, blue dress, dark hair white ballerinas.
http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc398/th_06229__073853_jpg_432099h_398lo.jpg http://img145.imagevenue.com/loc349/th_06338_spc29ac2_349lo.jpg http://img7.imagevenue.com/loc430/th_06350_spc2958b_430lo.jpg
1 Mette-Marit giving her brother a hug
4 the Bride and groom
5 the bride arriving with her father
7 Espen Høiby arrivng to church
8 Mette-Marits mother and her husband who was walking with a crutch, he has been in and out of hospital with heart trouble
9 Haakon, who forgot to shave;)
10 The woman in yellow behind Mette-Marit is her sister Kristin

I didn't know Mette-Marit 's mother had remarried. Is this recent because nobody ever talk of her husdband before ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, this might seem like a stupid question but I am wondering why is the nanny at the wedding also? Is it normal for nannies to come to such an event or are they themselves personally invited? Hope this isn't offf topic!

I didn't know Mette-Marit 's mother had remarried. Is this recent because nobody ever talk of her husdband before
?

I don't think so . I'm sure I've seen him on one of the engagement pictures

ortino said:
Sorry, this might seem like a stupid question but I am wondering why is the nanny at the wedding also? Is it normal for nannies to come to such an event or are they themselves personally invited? Hope this isn't offf topic!

I suppose that both Ingrid Alexanda and Sverre Magnus would get tired as weddings can be long and tiring, so the nanny could take care of the kids while Haakon and Mette-Marit stayed on at the wedding and enjoyed themselves.

assia said:
I didn't know Mette-Marit 's mother had remarried. Is this recent because nobody ever talk of her husdband before ?
They married many years ago. Marti Tjessem divorced Sven O høiby when Mette-Marit was 11. He is always invited to family events and Mette-Marit is supposed to like him alot. Unfortunatly he has a heart problem and has been in and out of hospital the last years.

RE: the nanny, I would think she took care of Sverre and Ingrid after the ceremony in church, Sverre is only 8 months, sitting in church for an hour might also be too long for him and then she could take him out if it was needed.

Well it seems someone had sold private pictures from the reception to se og hør:ermm: because on their frontpage they have a picture of Haakon playing guitar at the reception. http://www.seher.no/cm

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this thread. Thank you everyone for posting the pictures and the wonderful stories. I can't wait to continue to hear about IA's indepenent personality and her great spirit. It will serve her well in the future. I think Marius looks a lot like MM brother. Sverre is sooooo cute and growing up too fast. They are just such a wonderful family!!!

This question only came to me after seeing the wedding but i was wondering if anyone could tell me. I read that crown prince frederik of denmark was haakon's best man at his wedding to mette marit. Is this true, does anyone have a piicture of them on that day? I had no idea they were close friends! Thank you to anyone who can answer my question

Yes Frederik was Haakons best man, they are good friends and all the press guessed he would pick Frederik, and ofcourse Haakon did not have any brother to choose either. On a docu about the wedding one of the staff told that they spent the last hours before the wedding togehter walking around in the palace in uniform pants and shirts, looking at gifts and talking to each other and to the staff who was preparing the banquet, and that Haakon seemed quite nervous (although he said in an interview he was not:lol: )
(Aftenposten VG (polfoto)

Larzen said:
Well it seems someone had sold private pictures from the reception to se og hør:ermm: because on their frontpage they have a picture of Haakon playing guitar at the reception. http://www.seher.no/cm
As expected Espen Høiby is not amused with the pictures taken inside the party, and published in "se og hør" as well as one in "her og nå". The pictures shows the private gifts, a pictures of Haakon playing guitar. Høiby says to VG he knows the guests did not take them and the manager at the resturant says that his staff did not take them either. Høiby calls them "spy-pictueres" and says he will follow this case himself. The party was private and no press was allowed, and all the press was ofcourse allowed to take picures at the church (which is a public place ofcourse)

Editor of Se og hør says the pictures are bought the "regular" way trough frilancers.

Nettavisen has a photspecial from the wedding (from the church only:rolleyes: )
Most of the pics are already posted
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article698912.ece?id=91201&slide=0#slide

Last edited:
Pictures by A. Martinsen and S. Hofsmo
The last picture shows them going to a concert on Sunday. Besides Mette-Marits maid of honor Linda Tånevik, the woman with the blond hair is a good friend of Mette-Marit called René Rasmussen and her husband Dag (verrry rich:cool: )
Espens youngest daughter Tuva, was the bridesmaid in her fathers wedding. the man with the guitar is Haakons police guard.

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 404
  • scan00131.JPG
    scan00131.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 612
  • scan0013.JPG
    scan0013.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 995
  • scan00133.JPG
    scan00133.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 519
  • scan0011.JPG
    scan0011.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 994
  • scan00123.JPG
    scan00123.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,182
  • kkk.JPG
    kkk.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 451
  • jkll.JPG
    jkll.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:
OMG Baby Sverre looks like a living doll!!! he's soo beautiful!

Is it me or does Sverre look like his uncle that just got married?

I notice on the last pic her witness at her marriage
It is the first time for a long time I see her

Did Sven Hoiby attend his son's wedding? I didn't see a picture of him -- or hear any "woe is me" stories from him being reported to the media!

Alexandria said:
Did Sven Hoiby attend his son's wedding? I didn't see a picture of him -- or hear any "woe is me" stories from him being reported to the media!
He was reportedly too ill to attend.

Wonderful pictures!

CP MM's dress is adorable! Luv it! :wub: And IA and SM are sooo cute! They're growing too fast :cool:

What a lovely family.... :flowers:

Thank you everyone for the pictures :flowers: Ingrid and Sverre are so cute. :wub: It's a pity Marius wasn't there.

norwegianne said:
He was reportedly too ill to attend.

Thanks Anne. That probably worked out best for everyone not to have Sven in attendance.

I wonder how well Mette-Marit's parents get along? They seem to have two such polar personalities.

thank you everyone for the lovely pictures. MM is becoming one of my favorite princess. her relationship with her husband and her children is amazing. plus her style is much admired.

i enjoy coming to the board everyday. :flowers:

Mette-Marit is lovely but she must do something for her hair roots. it's not nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom