Discussion about Mette-Marit's past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is just that, her "past". Let it go. She is lovely and doing a great job. She wasn't Haakon mistress when he was married to someone else, she is, always, trying to improve herself and a hard worker. Leave her alone.
Perfect comments I agree :flowers::):flowers::):flowers:

I think in general people have let her past go but some people seem to want to hold on to it. Just when you think it's not going to be mentioned or brought up again, someone decides to write a book about it. Why, I don't know.

Oh, please Mette-Marit's past. I've got far more issues with the presents of others. Inaki Urdangarin comes to mind.

I think in general people have let her past go but some people seem to want to hold on to it. Just when you think it's not going to be mentioned or brought up again, someone decides to write a book about it. Why, I don't know.

Pure commercial reasons, I suppose... :whistling:
Personally I´m so fed up with this "subject" I even cannot believe there´s a thread about it on this board!
There are many born Royals who have a "past" as well; Prince Harry, Prcss Caroline, Stephanie, King Albert; Queen Paola, Pr. Charles and his wife (both Ex and present!), Prcss Margaret of GB, Prince Albert, King of Sweden etc. to name only a few from the last 2 generations

Could this thread be closed?

Could this thread be closed?

I know very little about Mette Merit of Norway and would be interested in learning about what made her into the person with whom Haakon fell in love. She has really intrigued me greatly since seeing her at Albert of Monaco's wedding and I'm hugely interested in finding out all about her; past, present, and plans for her immediate future.

From the little I've glanced at, there's seems to be controversy regarding some of her past. But since our past explains who we were/who we become (the whole purpose of the many biographies written about Royals, etc), as long as it doesn't descend into trash talk (and I can't imagine the moderators here permitting this) - I would ask this thread stay open, please.

But I can't help being interested in the woman who became engaged to CP Haakon of Norway, and in doing so, broke the previous mould of Royal fiancées; then in marrying him she broke new ground for what is acceptable in future queens/prospective consorts. Only a generation ago,King Harald had to threaten King Olav with letting the line die out just to marry a non-Royal; so it's also fascinating from a sociological P.O.V.

Obviously, she has triumphed over whatever issues resided in her past. She does a good job representing Norway and seems to have one of the absolute best Royal marriages. I think this has the potential to be an inspiring story, just from the little I know about it. To me, the "whys" of an historical or Royal person's life are the most interesting parts!

However, since I do know very little - I apologise if I am out of line here.

Last edited:
I know very little about Mette Merit of Norway and would be interested in learning about what made her into the person with whom Haakon fell in love. She has really intrigued me greatly since seeing her at Albert of Monaco's wedding and I'm hugely interested in finding out all about her; past, present, and plans for her immediate future.

From the little I've glanced at, there's seems to be controversy regarding some of her past. But since our past explains who we were/who we become (the whole purpose of the many biographies written about Royals, etc), as long as it doesn't descend into trash talk (and I can't imagine the moderators here permitting this) - I would ask this thread stay open, please.

But I can't help being interested in the woman who became engaged to CP Haakon of Norway, and in doing so, broke the previous mould of Royal fiancées; then in marrying him she broke new ground for what is acceptable in future queens/prospective consorts. Only a generation ago,King Harald had to threaten King Olav with letting the line die out just to marry a non-Royal; so it's also fascinating from a sociological P.O.V.

Obviously, she has triumphed over whatever issues resided in her past. She does a good job representing Norway and seems to have one of the absolute best Royal marriages. I think this has the potential to be an inspiring story, just from the little I know about it. To me, the "whys" of an historical or Royal person's life are the most interesting parts!

However, since I do know very little - I apologise if I am out of line here.

In 116. post I meant such person as you...:flowers: Here are many members, who are interested on MM's life with all bad and good things, so if there are others who not interested are, than they should leave and not read this thread. I mean, we shouldn't criticize her or her past, it is her life, not ours, but if we find something about/for this topic, than why shouldn't we post it?

Back
Top Bottom