Discussion about Mette-Marit's approach to fashion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that her style did impove but very little, because whenever I say that she has improved, she comes up with an outfit that makes me change my mind once again...As for her looks, there is no doubt that she has become more beautiful maybe because she is more relaxed and self-confident or even more experienced now, I guess all that she needs is a good style advisor because she's got the looks and the height but an unpredictable taste. And I think that she has to work a little bit on her posture, she needs to keep her shoulders up and not forward, specially when she sits. As for her hair do, I guess it is much better now than the first days she appeared in public, and I wish that she would use hats more often as other European crown princesses do, instead of these girly ribbons..Therefore all that she needs is a style advisor to put her on the right track of being stylish.

I am afraid that MM leaves me cold. She is a good looking woman but there is nothing else there. Other CPs maybe spunky or super elegant or beautiful but MM somehow is like a wax statue.

I am afraid that MM leaves me cold. She is a good looking woman but there is nothing else there. Other CPs maybe spunky or super elegant or beautiful but MM somehow is like a wax statue.

It good that every one has diffrent likes and dislikes, I think the opposite , I think she comes over as warm friendly, also I think she is beautiful, but thats just my opinion some times her fashion is a little bit hit and miss , but all together I like her.

:)

I think some people just have a knack for fashion and knowing what suits them and how to put a "look" together.

Mette-Marit appears to play it safe rather than make a mistake putting together an outfit that doesn't look good.

She also seems to go through periods where she likes a particular colour i.e., the black period and currently she seems to be favouring creams and whites.

I personally like Mette-Marit and she seems to be very sweet and easy going and likes people. So although I would like to see her accessorise more and dress with more colour I won't hold it against her :)

I simply don´t understand all the different inputs about what the princesses are wearing.
Through out my whole life I have been used to the danish royal family, sometimes they have been dressed really nice and sometimes they did not.
It wasn't until Alexandra and now Mary joined the royal family the expencive ward-robes moved in here and now especially Mette Marit are compared to these two which is not fair. Why ?

1. Mary receives about 2 mill. kr. a year to spend as she wishes.
2. The danish crown-prince couple receives almost 3 times as much money,
as do their norwegian counterpart.

2 mill. kr translates to about 350 - 375 thousand $

I simply don´t understand all the different inputs about what the princesses are wearing.
Through out my whole life I have been used to the danish royal family, sometimes they have been dressed really nice and sometimes they did not.
It wasn't until Alexandra and now Mary joined the royal family the expencive ward-robes moved in here and now especially Mette Marit are compared to these two which is not fair. Why ?

1. Mary receives about 2 mill. kr. a year to spend as she wishes.
2. The danish crown-prince couple receives almost 3 times as much money,
as do their norwegian counterpart.

2 mill. kr translates to about 350 - 375 thousand $

the to couples recieve about the same amount of money, I looked at the annual reports and it is not that far from each other, of course it is difficult to compare because the costs of living in the two countries, vages etc are not the same.

I think that it is just normal that the press writes about what the young Princesses wears Im sure that when Anne Marie, Benedikte and Margrethe was young the press liked to write about what they wore as well. Its just not so interesting to do it when they are 50 and then some:D

A picture gallery of Mette-Marits current white phase
Romantiske Mette-Marit - Side2

When Anne Marie and her sisters were young, they appeared in public mostly during special ocassions in formal wear. I remember Queen Margrethe for example in some State affaires wearing some outfits that ranged from scary to carnival like. However the younger royals attract more attention because they came from outside the royal circles and they appear in public much more often than the in laws used to. Besides between paparazzi, mags,boards and gossip we all keep busy. lol

Mette-Marit has her own individual sense for fashion, which is very unique :)
Her outfits not always fit to her or to the occasion, but I like this because up from her early appearances she was never a "fairy tale princess" but a woman "with a past". She was never perfect. But this is what makes her so much more friendly and likable. She was always herself. Sometimes I get the feeling that for her spending her free time with a family and loved ones is more important than spending her time going shopping or making her hair or putting some make-up on. I really like this idea that she puts her priorities on her family.

Princess Mette Marit has a natural beauty. yes sometimes she dresses frumpy, or wears something thats not to her naturals advantage but her caring heart and open, sweet personality seems more important to her future as Queen than her fashion sense. Her style is "very unique" but IMO not horrid or scary (princesses remaining nameless ;) like some examples of just plain bad taste of some. she seems very "real" to me and seems an excellent mother and wife. when she gets it right, i always get a little thrill and think wow, remember, she was a knockout at prince frederik's birthday party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom