The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Crownprincess Mette-Marit bitten in her lip by their family dog.

Well the current events of the Crownprince cpuple and children is that they are on vacation of course.

But it is now reported that their dog, the labradoodle Milly Kakao, has bitten the Crownprincess in her lip last Monday. Actually on CPrince Haakons 36th birthday. She went to the ER to have vaccinations. It was a minor bite, and the vaccination is a common procedure when being bitten in example of a dog.

The injury in her lower lip were minor.

Link/source:

Mette-Marit bitt av barnas hund - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Courtier

OUCH!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

That's not good in a house with young children. I hope it's a problem that can be fixed for the dog's sake.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

It must hurt awfully
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

How awful! I hope that they are able to train Milly, without having to get rid of her (or even worse, have her euthanized). I am glad to hear that it was a minor injury.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Sad news! I hope Milly Cacao will not be put down
Sometimes it happens so it is really important to train the dog not to hurm the children.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Sad news! I hope Milly Cacao will not be put down
I cannot imagine.
And I think the story sounds more dramatic then it is.

Young dogs are blustery and playfull. It's normal that they are biting while playing. My uncle's puppy also bit me several times while playing.

I think MM was just unlucky that the puppy bit her lip.

Also it says she has "minor" injury on her lip. So, I think it's not a bis story, actually.
Hope she won't have a scar.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh how awful, I hope Mette-Marit will be alright.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I cannot imagine.
And I think the story sounds more dramatic then it is.

Young dogs are blustery and playfull. It's normal that they are biting while playing. My uncle's puppy also bit me several times while playing.

I think MM was just unlucky that the puppy bit her lip.

Also it says she has "minor" injury on her lip. So, I think it's not a bis story, actually.
Hope she won't have a scar.
I agree with you.
When our dog is in playful mood, he has the unfortunate habit of biting as well. Sometimes, it’s their way of showing affection (or annoyance, depending on how they feel at the moment).

I do hope Mette-Marit is all right and the bite will not leave any scarring: Milly Cacao chose a very unfortunate place to bite.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

The problem is the dog lives with the future queen not the ordinary girl. The public opinion is quite strong and may cause the putting down Cacao
I hope it will not happen, I just know from my friend that it is kind of serious issue in the country.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Nobility

I hope that the dog Milly Kakao won't be put down.

(And it is Milly Kakao with "k" and not "c"!! Please use the correct name, and don't translate a Norwegian name of the dog into English. That is not neccessary. And quite frankly, I find it insulting that it seems like the Norwegian name isn't good enough for some on this board, so they have to translate and switch the letters to make the name more English. A Norwegian name and spelling of it is good enough as it is. Even though we are talking about a dog.

(Not a big deal, really, no sweat, but still.... )
Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

why would the dog be put down? it seems quite a drastic choice for just a minor puppy incident. i couldn't imagine the public opinion should they euthanize him.

MM seems such an unfortunate person with these type of things. she usually has trouble with awkward illnesses and accidents.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentienne View Post
I hope that the dog Milly Kakao won't be put down.

(And it is Milly Kakao with "k" and not "c"!! Please use the correct name, and don't translate a Norwegian name of the dog into English. That is not neccessary. And quite frankly, I find it insulting that it seems like the Norwegian name isn't good enough for some on this board, so they have to translate and switch the letters to make the name more English. A Norwegian name and spelling of it is good enough as it is. Even though we are talking about a dog.

(Not a big deal, really, no sweat, but still.... )
I am very sorry to hurt your feelings, Laurentienne but it was just a spelling mistake nothing more
I do respect and like Norwegian language and sure that any name is great on local language
Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I hope she'll be alrigth!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

I hope she will be ok and can trust the dog again. I would be afraid with small children around. My mom had a dog that bit my nephew, never felt comfortable around him again. Hopefully it was just a puppy accident.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness

As the proud owner of 3 dogs, I can say that puppies can be very lively BUT, the family needs to really pay close attention to the puppy's play habits and correct anything unwanted right away. This is not always an easy task, especially with small children that can sometimes irritate a pet. Good luck to them, puppy training is never easy but can be extremely rewarding.