Crown Princess Mette-Marit's visit to Nicaragua

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
5-7 november 2007

The Crown Princess will as UNAIDS envoy visit the capital of Nicaragua Managua. Part of the program will take place together with UNAIDS director Dr Peter Piot.

The Crown Princess will take part during the opening of the 5th AIDS conference called CONCASIDA. The day before she will attend and open a regional pre-conference with HIV positives. The Crown Princess will also visit govermental persons, and local organisations who work to prevent HIV. Several Norwegian NGOs are also working with AIDS Questions in Nicaragua since 1995, Mette-Marit will also meet and get informed on their work.
kongehuset.no - Kronprinsessen til Nicaragua

Last edited:
Larzen, how long has M-M been a UNAIDS envoy ? If im not mistaken she works closely with the UN on varioues things.
Its good to see her getting involved in such causes & trevlling abroad & highlighting things.

Larzen, how long has M-M been a UNAIDS envoy ? If im not mistaken she works closely with the UN on varioues things.
Its good to see her getting involved in such causes & trevlling abroad & highlighting things.

Since last year (see the press-release posted by Larzen in the first post of this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/mette-marit-s-visit-switzerland-april-25-26-a-9492.html)

But her work on HIV/AIDS is older - the trip to Malawi for example in 2005: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/mette-marits-visit-malawi-january-2005-a-4788.html

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening of the Central American meeting in Managua, Nicaragua Monday November 5 2007. The Crown Princess visits Nicaragua as a special representative for the UN AIDS-programme, UNAIDS

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

ANP

Mette looked pretty.
It's always great to see her engagement against Aids!

MM's hair seems to be much lighter, i like the fact she wore a red jacket to this event, she looks good !! anp pictures
Pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3

Isn't it winter in Norway?? Is she wearing sandals and a white summer skirt??

The outfit is a familiar one : She wore exactly the same combination in India (2006):
Mette in India
ANP
Even the necklace was the same. ;)

Anyway: She looked elegant! Bright colors look so nice on her! I'm always satisfied when I see MM wearing another color then black.

biboquinhas said:
Isn't it winter in Norway?? Is she wearing sandals and a white summer skirt??
As you can read in the headline Princess MM isn't in Norway right now but in Nicaragua, which is in Central America. ;)

Last edited:
i thought the outfit looked familiar... :) what a great bag, though! don't think we saw it before. it's superb.

i hope we can see some videos of the visit, perhaps of mette marit talking with the press, since they will most probably be in english.

I think she looks lovely! I guess she wore red to support the color of the AIDS Foundation...makes sense, I would do the same.:)

I know it is an unworthy thought - but for once she must have listened to the voice of a style assistant. Her hair looks lovely, her clothing is okay and even fits the occasion and she looks very pretty and happy. Lovely!

She looks beautiful and relaxed... quite at ease I presume

I have to say that; beyond that lack (or fan) of fashion, there is an intelligent woman who knows her stuff. She has said that she's not a Barbie doll, and I can give you my word that this is correct.

And the speech she delivered in Managua proves just that. After being working with HIV positives and AIDS victims in parts of Asia myself, my eyes has been opened to this kind of lifestyle, and on 1 December I will hold my own speech marking the International Day of HIV and AIDS.

I know this may sounds political, but I just wanted you all to know that this woman, who happen to be an aquaintance of mine, is a great ambassador for this cause; and I am very proud of her. So yet again; during this visit to Nicaragua - please focus on the work she is doing, not the clothes she is wearing.

You are right mahato! And i think we should focuse more on what princesses are doing then their clothes!

I have to say that; beyond that lack (or fan) of fashion, there is an intelligent woman who knows her stuff. She has said that she's not a Barbie doll, and I can give you my word that this is correct.
[...]
I know this may sounds political, but I just wanted you all to know that this woman, who happen to be an aquaintance of mine, is a great ambassador for this cause; and I am very proud of her. So yet again; during this visit to Nicaragua - please focus on the work she is doing, not the clothes she is wearing.
Well said. And couldn't agree more: As I said before; her strong engagement for people suffering from Aids is fantastic. I really admire her and Prince Haakon for that!

The Sesam-gallery is keeping update:
The added the newest Scanpix Pictures which show MM in Xochietzal and Managua
Close-up of MM(yesterday)
Today:
Touching a little child's head
Talking to the press
Talking to little kids
Close-up of Princess MM
Scanpix

The Whole Gallery with many pictures!

mette marit nicaragua - Sesam

Last edited:
where did she visit today? Lovely pictures of today with the children and women.

Anp pictures
Pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4

Last edited:
dazzling said:
where did she visit today? Lovely pictures of today with the children and women.
Mette Marit visited the San Jose Oriental neighborhood in Managua Nicaragua. :)

That is nice she is doing this in Nicaragua. So how does she communicate? In english?

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Kristen Christensen and AIDS-Ambassadar Sigrun Mogedal during the visit to Fundacion Xochietzal in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007.
Picture

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the Norwegian Embassy in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5

all anp pictures

That is nice she is doing this in Nicaragua. So how does she communicate? In english?

The gang of children and teenagers play and hang out in the poor neighbourhood of San José Oriental. Then Mette-Marit arrives.
"Hola, hablas inglés?" asks Mette-Marit....

She doesn't speak Spanish, but with a little bit of interpreter help, finger-language and miming makes it work when she walks the streets of Managua.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article2087513.ece

The rest of the article is about the people she's meeting. :flowers:

I think M-M looks nice today, nothing flashy, very calm dress color & working type outfit though im not a fan of it because it does age her abit. I like the belt on the dress.

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit (detail handbag) arrive to Intercontinental Hotels coference room for a meeting with representatives who work against AIDS in Nicaragua Tuesday November 6 2007 (ANP)

handbag -- pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4

Last edited:
The dress is nice. It looks good on her! Pastel colors always suit her a lot!
I really love her purse and shoes! Something funny and stylish! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom