Crown Princess Mette-Marit's visit to Nicaragua

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Larzen for the additional pictures. Any idea what they got in the bags? maybe abit more info ? The orginization
HRH the Crown Princess of Norway visited a grassroots AIDS organisation working on issues of human rights and the sexual and reproductive rights of women and children.
visited, personally, think its a very good orginization to put out in the spotlight. Its good to see her not only visiting AIDS orginization but also to somehow focus on other related things in the area.

Its nice to see royals always interacting with people with AIDS.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway during the opening of the CONCASIDA conference in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007 during the closing ceremony of the conference Central American Meeting if People living with HIV/AIDS (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is welcomed by Mr Peter Piot at the hotel Crown Plaza in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007 for the closing ceremony of the conference Central American Meeting if People living with HIV/AIDS (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and the Director of UNAIDS Mr Peter Piot (left) during a visit to the President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega and his wife Rosario Murillo in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007 (ANP)

President looking into MM's bag 1
President looking into MM's bag 2

pic 7 -- pic 8 -- pic 9 -- Mette-Marit -- pic 10 -- pic 11

pic 12 -- pic 13

A lovely meeting between the crown princess & the president. It seemed that theyve know each other for a while. its lovly to see a meeting not being so formal.I think they had some funny things to say

beautiful pictures! thanks for posting.

i was wondering what happens in this situations when a royal doesn't speak the countries' language. it's obvious she must have some hidden translator, but how does she do it when she is talking with people (children or some other ladies in the places she visits) when you don't see anyone helping them? i'm intrigued.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and the Director of UNAIDS Mr Peter Piot (left) during a visit to the President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega and his wife Rosario Murillo in Managua, Nicaragua, November 6, 2007 (ANP)

President looking into MM's bag 1
President looking into MM's bag 2

pic 7 -- pic 8 -- pic 9 -- Mette-Marit -- pic 10 -- pic 11

pic 12 -- pic 13

A lovely meeting between the crown princess & the president. It seemed that theyve know each other for a while. its lovly to see a meeting not being so formal.I think they had some funny things to say

It is amazing to see how the Princess is natural, confident and at ease with everyone! Very confortable in her role:)

i was wondering what happens in this situations when a royal doesn't speak the countries' language. it's obvious she must have some hidden translator, but how does she do it when she is talking with people (children or some other ladies in the places she visits) when you don't see anyone helping them? i'm intrigued.

Spanish is the official language but yet you get many who speak english especially those from the coastal area :) Maybe MM has a translator or the head of people she meets with speak abit of english.

a few more pictures from MM visit to SI Mujer in Managua yesterday (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6 -- pic7

Last edited:
The white dress is really pretty! It looks lovely on MM!
I also quite like the black and white outfit.:flowers:

Managua 05/11/2007 : Norway crown princess Mette Marit during the CONCASIDA congress in the city of Managua (polfoto)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3

You can see she has a wire going to her ear, I guess it is a translator
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc46/royalty_123/65594311.jpg
For the walkabouts, it was in english, some spanish words and fingerlanguage as well as some translation help from the embassy

Pictures and norw, info from kongehuset
kongehuset.no - Besøket i Nicaragua - Dag 2

Speech at meeting with First Ladies and Women Leaders

Speech given by Her Royal Highness at meeting with First Ladies and Women Leaders in Managua, Nicaragua, November 2007.
kongehuset.no - Speech at meeting with First Ladies and Women Leaders

Remarks at Reception Norwegian Embassy in Managua
kongehuset.no - Remarks at Reception Norwegian Embassy in Managua

Pictures from side 2
Bestemor er forbildet - Side2

The meeting with the President and his wife laste for an hour and was according to Aftenposten broadcast live on TV, it was also the first tiem the President said the word AIDS, soemthing the UNAIDS director was very happy about
Ortega sa «AIDS» for første gang offentlig

I think she is dressed extremely well, I appreciate most the pic with the flowers on the table, she looks gorgeous

Thanks to all that posted links to pics. I think Mette-Marit was dressed very well during the entire visit. But what I like most of all, is to see her interacting with the people and the many others she met on this trip. She is really very natural, that is what I appreciate most about her.

what's mette-marit drinking here? ANP Beeldbank

were there any videos of the visit or of any speeches?

This is actually a good story: SHe was watching a play where one of the actors drank from her glass. She demonstrated that she was not afraid of being infected by HIV by drinking from the glass again after the actor had done it. Thats why the actor kissed her afterwards. See here: Stjal et kyss av Mette-Marit - Side2

Oh! that´s a very good gesture of Princess Mette-Marit!

she looks really relaxed on this tour, she really does a good job for norway.

I really enjoy watching Mette-Marit on trips like this. She never just sits back and watches things, instead she always seems willing to really get involved in what's going on.

she looks really relaxed on this tour, she really does a good job for norway.
I have to agree with you. MM definately seems more relaxed when she is on these types of trips. She seems less guarded than when she is in Norway. She lets her hair down and really shines.

I hope her trip could mean something important to improve the relationships between Nicaragua and Norwege. I like both countries.

Yes. The Crownprincess realy shines when she undertakes her duties. Good for her! :flowers::)

Vanesa.

You know i look at these pictures of her and it made me realized how her life has been, of course for the best. She has come a long way, and I'm happy for her.

Crown Princess wears gift

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit travels with a stylist, but on her current visit to Nicaragua she has adopted a simple accessory - article & pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom