Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 3; January 2013 -

Welcome to
Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events
Part 3

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!
Royal House of Norway Moderators

Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Serene Highness

In Indien will stricter the surrogate law (Mette-Marit wanted to help, but made this case from bad to worse with her action. I think, many-many people in the world are now very angry with her.)
GGG.at: Keine indischen Leihmütter mehr für schwule Paare
Google Fordító

Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
In Indien will stricter the surrogate law (Mette-Marit wanted to help, but made this case from bad to worse with her action. I think, many-many people in the world are now very angry with her.)
GGG.at: Keine indischen Leihmütter mehr für schwule Paare
Google Fordító
Why do you think she made this case from bad to worse? I don`t see anything wrong in that she wanted to help out here friends, i think this says so much about what kind of caring person she is
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, she wanted to help. But with her action she made attention on this problem, and it seems, it had a bad consequence for all participants. Also I think, that it is very respectable what she made for her friends, and I hoped that this case ended not so for the people, who would like to have children on this way.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, she wanted to help. But with her action she made attention on this problem, and it seems, it had a bad consequence for all participants. Also I think, that it is very respectable what she made for her friends, and I hoped that this case ended not so for the people, who would like to have children on this way.
First off, how? How did what HRH do make this worse? I haven't heard much of anything regarding her going to India to take care of the Twins since it happened, so...?

Secondly, isn't that part of the role of a Royal these days, to bring attention to conditions/issues that really need to be talked about? So how did getting the Public and also Politicians to talk about this problem a bad thing?

I admired her before she did this, but that feeling skyrocketed after the news about this broke. It's awfully hard sometimes for someone to live up to their own principles and beliefs, even more so for a Royal. From what I understand, HRH talked it over w/the Crown Prince knowing what the fallout very well could end up being, but after talking it over, took an educated risk and went to India.

As I said, I have even more respect for HRH now over this than ever before.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, maybe you haven't heard of anything about it, but I am sure, that in India would it a huge discussion, because through her trip would this problem known in the whole world. Or do you think, only we royalwatchers heard the news about her action?
And yes, it is the part of their role to bring attention on problems. And she made it excellent... But India adjudged. Not she.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't read in the article she made the case worse. It was now or later that India would've come out with such a law as they strongly disagree with gat marriage and moreover gay couples having children. MM didn't break the law for the country to come out with such laws all of a sudden. I personally think its just a coincidence that she was there shortly before the new law / rule came out.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Well I think she is a great friend to do this for people she cares for , and the law would of come out sooner or later
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, maybe you haven't heard of anything about it, but I am sure, that in India would it a huge discussion, because through her trip would this problem known in the whole world. Or do you think, only we royalwatchers heard the news about her action?
And yes, it is the part of their role to bring attention on problems. And she made it excellent... But India adjudged. Not she.
Outside of India and Norway, yes. I live in Canada and know quite a few people who keep very up to date w/what's going on in the World who never heard about this until I told them. All of them to a person said, "Well, of course you heard about it. A Royal is involved."

I think it was a matter of this is when the law went through, it was going through regardless due to India's feelings about Gay People and Gay Rights and this is when it happened. Nothing to do w/Mette-Marit's actions at all.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, ok, maybe you all are right, and her action has not to do with this law. And royals have today not so big influence on such decisions. It is a little bit sad, because she fight for good things, and I like her for this. The world would be a little bit better...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Serious criticism on Mette-Marit (but I think on this way we can critise all rich people...):
Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Mette-Marit fĺr kraftig kritikk - Seoghřr.no Kongelige
Google Fordító

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/sorlandet/1.10875253
http://translate.google.hu/translate...t%2F1.10875253
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Here is an article where "fashion experts" support Mette-Marit.
Norske moteeksperter střtter Mette-Marit - Kultur-og-underholdning - NRK
Google Translatio
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Serious criticism on Mette-Marit (but I think on this way we can critise all rich people...):
the difference is that "rich people" are not always involved in charitable causes or represent the poorest and most unprotected people. that's what the author says. that for example, "The price for one of the most exclusive designer dresses for Crown Princess Mette-Marit can provide 5,000 AIDS-affected one daily ration of essential medicines, says Danish journalist and author. "

here's a translation of the article:

Google Translate
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

On February 10, MM will attend the inauguration of the Northern Lights Cathedral Alta

Programme
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

MM attended to the consecration of the new church of Alta:

kongehuset.no - Nordlyskatedralen innviet
Google Fordító

http://www.altaposten.no/lokalt/nyhe...cle7086781.ece
http://translate.google.hu/translate...cle7086781.ece

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/t...ark/1.10907460
http://translate.google.hu/translate...k%2F1.10907460
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess at the inauguration of the Northern Light Cathedral in Alta today, February 10, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** dagen.no **

** vg.no: Mette-Marit taus om Se og Hřr-brĺket ** translation **
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

One more article about the visit to Alta:

Her er Nord-Norges nye katedral | nordlys.no
Google Fordító

Pictures:
Vigslingen av Nordlyskatedralen | nordlys.no

And one more picturesgallery:
http://www.finnmarkdagblad.no/bildes...cle6492747.ece
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

And a video about the visit in Alta:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you iceflower and fortimo!

More nice pictures Ĺpnet Altas nye praktbygg -Altaposten.no (click on "Neste" to see the next picture)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit made her own picture about the church in Alta:
https://twitter.com/CrownPrincessMM/...354050/photo/1

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, crown princess mette-marit current events, mette-marit, norway crown princess, princess mette-marit