Crown Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 2: November 2013 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The Crown Prince attended the Global Dignity Day at Bleiker Upper Secondary School today:

Royal House article with pictures - some quotes translated by me:
Denne dagen handler om deg - kongehuset.no
Today, Global Dignity Day is highlighted in schools around the world. His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon participated as a supervisor for 17 VG1 students at Bleiker Upper Secondary School in Asker.

''We are going to talk about values, yes, but first and foremost, this day is about you - what you think is important, how do you think we should treat each other and what makes us create positive change for each other - and for ourselves," said the Crown Prince when all the students were gathered at the school's canteen at the start of the school day.

''It's nice to be back at Bleiker, in my own neighborhood,'' he said before the main guide Samuel Massie introduced Dignity Day and the term dignity.

Last edited:
The Crown Prince attended the opening of the new Norway Post logistics centre today:

Royal House article with pictures - some quotes translated by me:
Åpnet nytt logistikkbygg - kongehuset.no
With a capacity of 20,000 packs per hour. The size of ten football pitches. Today, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince opened the Post and Brings new logistics building at Alnabru.

The new building at Alnabru in Oslo is designed for thirty million packages a year. The e-commerce market is growing rapidly, and Posten Norge is ready to meet continued growth in the coming years. The center is Norway's largest of its kind, and the very heart of Norway's logistics network. Here, packages and goods are handled for individuals and businesses throughout the country. 1100 employees in Posten and Bring have their workplace here.

The Crown Prince attends the conference SIKT2017 in Kristiansand 23 - 24 October. The Crown Princess will also be in attendance.

Video/photo from the Royal House's facebook page:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=62ec27ec21301ea1ea61dde1790c5c1d&oe=5A802E0B

There has been a calm time for the CP couple (no so-called scandals or criticism) after the 80th birthday celebrations in May, but he has to stop building (or getting involved in) organizations as the SIKT conference and the Global Dignity thing.

In other news: The Crown Prince was shocked to see the huge masses of water in the south today - TV2 article with quotes translated by me:
Kronprinsen sjokkert over de enorme vannmassene i sør
"It was shocking to see how high the water was. The thoughts now go to those who were hit,'' says the crown prince to TV 2. He is in Kristiansand in connection with the SIKT conference 2017, where young leaders meet and discuss future challenges.

What does the crown prince think about flooding and landslide prevention in the future? Should there be granted more money to this?

''It's a recurring issue and if it gets wetter in the years to come, then it is clear that it's important.''

Last edited:
There has been a calm time for the CP couple (no so-called scandals or criticism) after the 80th birthday celebrations in May, but he has to stop building (or getting involved in) organizations as the SIKT conference and the Global Dignity thing.

Why? :ermm:

:previous:

1. Because this isn't the UK, Denmark or Sweden, where things like this is not a problem.

2. Because this is Norway where the Law of Jante is stronger than ever - read here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/norway-republic-or-monarchy-17117-6.html#post2020799

3. Because most norwegians (including pro-monarchy experts/commentators) dosen't like that their future constitutional monarch uses the royal court's money to build political organizations.

4. Because this is a big part of the reason why their popularity has gone downhill since 2013 (read about it in the post in point 2).

5. Because to see Haakon in jeans speaking to young leaders (between the age of 20 and 40) yesterday (as part of the SIKT conference) was just ridiculous.

6. And to see a laughing Mette-Marit interviewing the chairman and former chief editor of VG today (with her mother and Haakon present) as part of the SIKT conference was even worse.

I wrote this in September after their County Trip:
This has been a wonderful trip, and it has reminded me of why I like Haakon and Mette Marit (something I needed to be reminded about.
However, these 2 days have reminded me why I have problems with them (especially with Haakon).

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised since organisations like this is just the kind of organisations that other royals get involved in with great success. Are you saying that Norwegians in general are against their Crown Prince getting involved with issues like this or is it the organisations themselves, but not the issues, that aren't well received?

I'm a bit surprised since organisations like this is just the kind of organisations that other royals get involved in with great success. Are you saying that Norwegians in general are against their Crown Prince getting involved with issues like this or is it the organisations themselves, but not the issues, that aren't well received?

Good summation of my question, too. :huh:

Royal Norway, I don't understand the objections. :sad: I may need you to be more explicit.

I will say both.

1. As I said in post 299, most Norwegians (including pro-monarchy experts/commentators) dosen't like that their future constitutional monarch uses the royal court's money to build political organizations.

2. Both the SIKT Conference, the Global Dignity thing and other things he's involved in shows his political opinions.

3. He was also accused by a Progress Party member (one of two parties in the government) some years ago for being a supporter of the Labour Party, which I can understand since I'm a labour supporter myself, but he as an future apolitical constitutional monarch has to be careful with what he does/says.

4. And it doesn't help that he's a personal friend of Jonas Gahr Støre, leader of the Labour Party since 2014, Minister of Health between 2012-2013 and Foreign Minister between 2005-2012.

5. And many ask themselves - what happens if Jonas becomes prime minister while Haakon is one the throne?

6. And then we have all the other things that Norwegians don't like with Haakon and Mette-Marit, which I've mentioned in (the 3 quoted) post 120 in the ''Republic or Monarchy'' thread.

7. But all that being said, they have given a good impression lately, and their new PR people have (so far) done a good job.

Good summation of my question, too. :huh:

Royal Norway, I don't understand the objections. :sad: I may need you to be more explicit.
I think I was very clear and detailed in both post 299 and in the ''Republic or Monarchy'' thread. And I hope the 7 points above will help you understand the Norwegian situation better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom