Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the closeups of martha louise purple platinum! now that i see it better i must say i kind of like the headpiece!

my favourites today were leah and maud dressed in their beautiful white dresses with red flower patterns, rosario and maxima (looking beautifully elegant as always) and mette marit's make up with her shiny blonde hair that looked beautiful.

it seems strange that this time we are finding it hard to obtain pictures. seems to me that the agencies are not being good today...

another picture i just found from vg of victoria and mary

Last edited:
The Norwegian Palace practices Pool photography, there are not so many agencys inside the chappel, maybe only scanpix and ANB and one or two more and they are not allowed to use flash. And since all the royal guests already were staying in the Palace there are no pictures of the guests outside either. I also liked Rosario and Maximas the best. I thought Victoria and Mette-Marits outifits did not do justice to the occasion, and the silly bow in Victorias casual ponytail looked strange, she is not 6. Got to love the children though, they make the chrsitening so much more personal

Last edited:
Larzen said:
The Norwegian Palace practices Pool photography, there are not so many agencys inside the chappel, maybe only scanpix and ANB and one or two more and they are not allowed to use flash. And since all the royal guests already were staying in the Palace there are no pictures of the guests outside either. I also liked Rosario and Maximas the best. I thought Victoria and MEtte-Marits outifits did not do justice to the occasion, and the silly bow in Victorias casual ponytail looked strange, she is not 6. Got to love the children though, they make the chrsitening so much ore personal

that's interesting! so all the royal guests stayed in the palace? is the chapel conected to the palace then? did they stay in the actual palace or in skaugum?

i agree on victoria's and mette marit's. considering that they both chose much less simpler outfits for ingrid's christening it's weird to see them both dressed so simple this time.

i wonder who designed rosario's outfit. it's definetely beautiful (maybe from their common friend valentino?) maxima's looks very natan to me.

Larzen said:
The Norwegian Palace practices Pool photography, there are not so many agencys inside the chappel, maybe only scanpix and ANB and one or two more and they are not allowed to use flash. And since all the royal guests already were staying in the Palace there are no pictures of the guests outside either....

That sounds like a great royal slumber party! :)

carlota said:
that's interesting! so all the royal guests stayed in the palace? is the chapel conected to the palace then? did they stay in the actual palace or in skaugum?

The chapel is within the palace (as a part of the buildings). When the royal guests and the family of CP Mette-Marit entered the chapel you could see a lift going up through the chapel doors. Which means that the guests who stay at the palace most likely arrived by lift :D

a couple more pictures from Scanpix (via Nettavisen & Dagbladet)

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,445
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 396
  • merdaap.jpg
    merdaap.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4,758
Sooo cute! and I thought Leah was an ugly baby but I see I was wrong she's a cute redhead! :p

Official Photos In Big Size

3 OFFICIAL PHOTOS IN HI-RESOLUTION
Released by kongehuset.no taken by Bjørn Sigurdsøn

Front row : HE Countess Ruth, HM Queen Margarethe, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra, HRH Crown Princess & Prince Sverre Magnus, Marius Borg Hoiby, HM the Queen, Princess Ragnhild
Middle row : Princess Astrid, Johan Martin Ferner, HRH Crown Prince Frederik, HRH Crown Princess Mary, HRH Crown Prince, HM The King, HRH Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Martha Louise, Maud Angelica Behn, Leah Isadora Behn, Ari Behn
Back row : Bjørn Steinsland, Espen Høiby, HRH Crown Princess Maxima, HRH Crown Prince Pavlos, HRH Princess Rosario, HRH Prince Kyril, Marianne Gjellestad

Front Row : HRH Crown Princess Maxima, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra, HRH Crown Princess & Prince Sverre Magnus, Marius Borg Hoiby, HM The Queen
Back Row : Bjørn Steinsland, Espen Høiby, HRH Crown Prince Pavlos, HRH Crown Prince, HM The King, HRH Princess Rosario, Marianne Gjellestad

Last edited:
Thanks Purple_Platinum I looove your pics!

more & more photos from Vidar Ruud/ANB via Siste

Attachments

• alle20060304-_2_jpg_785229g.jpg
    alle20060304-_2_jpg_785229g.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • alle20060304-_5_2_j_785233g.jpg
    alle20060304-_5_2_j_785233g.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 264
  • alleDaap4_jpg_785247g.jpg
    alleDaap4_jpg_785247g.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 220
  • alle20060304-023_jp_785234g.jpg
    alle20060304-023_jp_785234g.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 501
  • alle20060304-_4_jpg_785230g.jpg
    alle20060304-_4_jpg_785230g.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 244
  • alle20060304-_10_jp_785232g.jpg
    alle20060304-_10_jp_785232g.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 332
  • alle20060304-8_jpg_785231g.jpg
    alle20060304-8_jpg_785231g.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 289
  • alle20060304-_9_jpg_785239g.jpg
    alle20060304-_9_jpg_785239g.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,048
Last edited:
also from ANB (Vidar Ruud & Joakim S. Enger) via Siste

Attachments

• alle20060304-025_jp_785241g.jpg
    alle20060304-025_jp_785241g.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,490
  • alleDaap19_jpg_785246g.jpg
    alleDaap19_jpg_785246g.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 629
  • alleDaap22_jpg_785245g.jpg
    alleDaap22_jpg_785245g.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,408
Mette Marit looks OK but nothing special. She can do it much better as she did at Ingrid´s baptism.
Maxima looks very elegant, but why black??
Rosario is the best dressed for me. Love the colour and the fabric, but I agree there´s something wrong in her face, too pale. Maybe she is sick.
I also like Mary´s outfit a lot, except the furry headpeice,it looks like something an old lady would wear

I wish to see more pics of leah and Maud!

I actually really like Mette-Marit's outfit. Black and white looks elegant and smart. Is the headpiece the same one she wore for the Japanese state visit? I think it looks better now then during that visit.

what a beautiful christening. I epecially liked the song that was writen special to Sverre Magnus.
the children were so cure when they lighted the candles

The guests arrive at Royal Palace of Oslo for a Luncheon
Photos from ANB

CASSARD said:
Are the princess' parents here?
yes, cassard, the Crown Princess' family were there, even her father ;)
you can see her family on pictures 2-5 below.

Photos from ANB

Mary's cloth is just perfect, imo!! It's my favourit outfit of this beautiful Christening.

Thank you for all these great photos! :)

Maxima's dress suits her figure very well, the shape is lovely. I like the openness of the neck. The hat would have been nicer if it had been less 'high', but it's ok.

Thank you everybody for all the wonderful pictures from today! :)

Poor Sverre did not look like he was having a good time!

I loved Ingrid Alexandra's matching light blue purse to match her dress -- even when it was abandoned beneath her seat!

And like many members here, I don't really care for Mette-Marit's dark outfit. I know it's March and that it's cold outside, but surely a different colour for her son's baptism would've been more festive.

In this official picture with the royal guests, Princess Ragnhild looks like such a bitter and angry woman. That might be just part of her natural look (in that she doesn't have a naturally smiley face the way Maxima does), but she just seems so unhappy to be there.

In that same picture, who is Countess Ruth and how is she related to the Norwegian royal family?

As for the fashions of the other royal ladies, I think Crown Princess Mary looked radiant and beautiful. Even the hairpiece suits her hairstyle very much. And Crown Princess Maxima looked very dramatic in her black outfit and that hat. And Queen Sonja looked great -- I liked very much the cut of her suit jacket.

I'm disappointed in Crown Princess Victoria though. The outfit itself was rather boring and not very festive, plus the ponytail and no hat or headpiece. It looked like just another day for her.

some comments:

Mette Marit: her hairstyle really suits her that length. nice band. nice outfit. bad colour. it is her son's baptism after all, it is a big shame she wore black to it!!

Haakon: very paternal and very sweet. Mette is a very lucky lady!
blush.gif

Marius: he seems fully integrated in the royal family, as it should be. he is a charming little boy. he looks happy and is growing sooo much! the big brother thingy really suits him!

Sonja: very elegant in my opinion. she gave a touch of brightness to the ladies outfits. very maternal with poor Sverre who was crying all the time.

maxima: she IS ALWAYS LOVELY! the most elegant, the most royal, the most everything! though she looked a bit lost (guess she wanted to be with her little ladies...and who wouldn't??!!). the only bad point is that she was wearing black....GIRLS IT WAS A BAPTISM!!
aquamickno.gif

Rosario: nice colour, ugly blouse, sexy husband

Pavlos: it was the first time in my life I missed seeing his wife......

Victoria: yes, she needs some good tips from Maxima. that lady will one day be a queen, she cannot just let her hair that way. she has a glammy mummy, a glammy sister and is surrounded by glammy royals. I like her a lot, but I don't like her wardrobe! plus, she'll hopefully get married one day. with the style she has, I’m risking to see that day ruined by seeing her with a ponytail!
aquamickno.gif

Mary: lovely suit and colour. maybe someone should advise her not to wear those supposedly, hair bands any more...

Mette's mum: extremely elegant. a big shame she was not in the official photos!

Martha: lovely outfit, lovely smile, lovely personality and appearance, lovely hat, lovely husband, lovely daughters. need I say more???
hooray.gif

Maud and Leah: very funny, especially the hat episode. guess they saw their mummy looking strange today!

Astrid: very elegant I must say, not like her sister, who has never been thought how to smile.
aquamickno.gif

Ingrid:
thumbup.gif
Norway’s future queen is a very naughty girl. she seems bright to me. maybe the candles idea was not very wise, considering the little girl's attitude. she looked very sweet on the stool, and on the stairs.

the most negative note is poor Sverre.....he was the attraction of the day, but the only thing that kid seemed to want was his cot. Haakon tried to calm him down, very nice gestures...but it was simply hopeless.
slap.gif

ok...seeing Ingrid and Sverre now I understand why Mette is taking so long top resume her duties....

Alexandria said:
In this official picture with the royal guests, Princess Ragnhild looks like such a bitter and angry woman. That might be just part of her natural look...

:D Alexandria, had I been drinking coffee I would have spitted it out! That line made me burst into laugh because I'm sure we all know people in life that would fit that description!

I think Maxima was the most elegantly dressed royal today, though I'm not too sure about wearing black to a christening, but her suit and hat were very elegant, she really looked very royal. I wasn't too keen on what Mette-Marit wore. Especially the white shirt/blouse she was wearing and her headpiece. I don't like headpieces, I guess. Mary's headpiece was really awful, like she wanted to be a teddybear or something, but her outfit was nice. Martha-Louise's hat was (how should I put this?) interesting... Oh, and Vicky should definitely get rid of that ponytail and glasses!!!

But how adorable the children were! Marius, Ingrid, Maud, Lea and little Sverre of course (though he was crying, the little one, maybe he didn't like the music? ;))!

It really was a beautiful service. :)

nokklav said:
Mette's mum: extremely elegant. a big shame she was not in the official photos!

I forgot about Mette-Marit's mom in my above comment. I thought she looked very elegant and very beautiful. One of the best dressed women there.

Why wasn't she in the official pictures?

Maybe because they should have added Sven Hoiby then as well???

Doaes anyone know why MC didn't come .This has to be a first for her.

Back
Top Bottom