Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also from dagbladet

and from Aftenposten

Last edited:
Very beatiful pictures!! Are there foto's about the arival of Maxima??

Official Photos

1 - Picture released by the Norwegian Royal court showing the Norwegian Royal Couple, Crownprincefamily and guests posing for pictures in the Royal Palace, 04 March 2006 prior to the baptising ceremony of Prince Sverre Magnus. Foreground (L to R) Princess Maxima, Crownprincess Mette-Marit with Princess Ingrid Alexandra on her lap, Crownprincess Mette-Marits son Marius Borg Hoiby and Queen Sonja with Prince Sverre Magnus on her lap. The second row shows (L to R) Mr Bjorn Steinsland, Mr. Espen Hoiby, Crownprince Pavlos, King Harald, Crownprince Haakon, Princess Rosario and Ms. Marianne Gjellestad.

2 - The Norwegian Royal Couple and the family of the Crown Prince are posing for photographers at the Royal Palace in Oslo on Saturday, 04 March 2006 prior to the baptising ceremony for Prince Sverre Magnus. Picture shows in front from left Crownprincess Mette-Marit with Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Crownprincess Mette-Marits son Marius Borg Hoiby, and Queen Sonja with Prince Sverre Magnus on her lap. In the back King Harald and Crownprince Haakon.

3 - This handout picture shows the Norwegian Royal family and guests posing at the Royal Palace 04 March 2006 prior to the baptising ceremony of Prince Sverre Magnus. Present are: front from left Countess Ruth, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Crownprincess Mette-Marit with her children Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Marius Borg Hoiby, Queen Sonja and Princess Ragnhild. In the second row from left are Mr. Johan Martin Ferner, Princess Astrid, Crownprincess Mary of Denmark, Crownprince Frederik of Denmark, King Harald, Crownprince Haakon with Prince Sverre Magnus, Crownprincess Victoria of Sweden, Ms. Leah Isadora Behn, Princess Martha Louise, Ms. Angelica Behn and Mr. Ari Behn. The third row from left Mr. Bjorn Steinsland, Mr. Espen Hoiby, Princess Maxima, Crownprince Pavlos, Princess Rosario, Prince Kyril and Ms. Marianne Gjellestad

AFP PHOTO Bjorn Sigurdson / The Royal Court / Scanpix/POOL via ANP

Attachments

• 2473755.jpg
    2473755.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 924
  • 2473753.jpg
    2473753.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 2473766.jpg
    2473766.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:
from ANP

Norwegian Prince Sverre Magnus, in his grandmother, Queen Sonja's (C) arms is baptised 04 March 2006 next to Oslo's Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme (1L) in the Chapel at the Royal Palace in Oslo Saturday. Also present are: (LtoR) Ms. Marianne Gjellestad, Mr. Bjorn Steinsland, Mr. Espen Hoiby, unidentified church assistant, Crownprincess Mette-Marits son Marius Borg Hoiby, King Harald, Crownprince Haakon, Crownprincess Mette-Marit, Princess Maxima, Crownprince Pavlos and Princess Rosario. And at the very front centre Princess Ingrid Alexandra crawls up the steps.
AFP PHOTO/ Tor Richardsen / SCANPIX / POOL

and 1 more from Nettavisen

Attachments

• 2473756.jpg
    2473756.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 455
  • d_p365_234658m.jpg
    d_p365_234658m.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
I must say that Queen Sonja didn't come out nice on these official pics, that is her hat brim is shadowing her eyes, on both pics :eek:

And for Ingrid Alexandra, what a cute girl. I especially like the fact that she seems to be an independent young lady. Knowing what she want. When CP Mette-Marit read from the bible, Ingrid Alexandra kept saying Mamma repeatedly (like kids do untill the person wanted reacts to the call :) ).

And also during the christening act itself, she refused to stand with the others (by a loud and clear NO!) and sat in the stairs. Precious, I think :D

Did anyone have a video about the christening??

From ANP

Bigger photos from profirmedia

From Aftenposten

Last edited:
Nice pictures of Sverre Magnus and his family of the christening.

the pictures are coming one by one... :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

from ANP :
Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon Magnus hold his child Sverre Magnus 04 March 2006 while his mother, Crownprincess Mette-Marit speaks at the podium during the baptism ceremony celebrated by Oslo's bishop Ole Christian Kvarme at Oslo's cathedral. Other people in the picture are from L: Ms. Marianne Gjellestad, Mr. Bjorn Steinsland, Mr. Espen Hoiby (hidden), Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme, King Harald, Queen Sonja, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Crownprincess Mette-Marit's son Marius Borg Hoiby, Princess Maxima, Crownprince Pavlos and Princess Rosario.
AFP PHOTO/ Tor Richardsen / SCANPIX / POOL

and 1 of little Sverre Magnus from Siste/ANB

Attachments

• 2473827.jpg
    2473827.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 20060304-008_jpg_785185g.jpg
    20060304-008_jpg_785185g.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Larzen said:
she wears a dark outfit with a rather big hat and a pearl necklace and her hair in a bun, she is sitting so its difficult to see her (NRK)
http://imageshack.ushttp://imageshack.us
http://imageshack.ushttp://imageshack.us
You can see on the pic where Mary is sitting that she has a very bad way to do it crossing her legs ( I observed yet for Christian's christening ) It's not elegant at all for a woman to cross her legs when she wear skirt; it's not very distinguished even more for an oficial act. Have a look none of the women of the first row did it . I remenber my mother told me that in the past :rolleyes: ....Pay attention Mary, you are now a princess and you aren't in riding coat....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the outfit of Queen Sonja very much. That colous fit her very well, imo.
I don't like the outfits of Mette-Marit and Maxima, too dark for a christening, specially because they are the mother and the godmother, respectively.

Norway's Prince Sverre Magnus Baptized
..................Crown Princess Mette-Marit red the lesson from the Gospel of Matthew, and Kari Bremnes sang "Et lite barn som kommer" (A little Child a'coming), a song she had written for the Prince's baptism.
Sverre Magnus' baptismal dress was made by The Prince's great grandmother, Princess Ingeborg in 1920...............
http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norwaypost/imaker?id=22556

Photos from TV2

From Dagbladet

From ANB

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with mary crossing her legs. She isn't wearing a mini skirt and she does look dignified. I cross my legs when i'm wearing a skirt to me theres no harm in it. We all sit how we feel comfortable.:)

What a lovely christening! They seem to have gotten the perfect mix of the christening being an official act as well as a family occasion, very nice! The flowers decorating the baptismal font were lovely.

Princess Rosario looked very elegant and stylish, my favourite outfit of the day I must say! Princess Máxima also looked incredibly elegant, I love her outfit matched with the pearls. The same goes for Crown Princess Mary, she looked lovely too. Queen Sonja's outfit is really nice, bright and cheerful, although I agree that the brim of her hat is a bit too shadowing of her eyes and face on some pictures, but otherwise it was lovely.

What I don't understand though is what Crown Princess Victoria is wearing, it looks very dull and "ordinary", not festive enough for such an occasion, but rather something she would wear for an official engagement instead...

One more. from NRK

Watching the video where the children are lighting the candles and IA starts to try and blow them out like on a birthday cake, then Marius, MM, Mary and Victoria are all laughing, Marius is trying very hard not to laugh too much!

Attachments

• sc2.jpg
    sc2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 498
Please provide copyright sources for your pictures or they will be deleted without notice to the member.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Norwegian Forum Moderator

a couple more from ANP & 1 from Reuters
all courtesy of AFP PHOTO/POOL/SCANPIX/TOR RICHARDSEN

Attachments

• 2473989.jpg
    2473989.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 420
  • 2473981.jpg
    2473981.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 666
  • 2473966.jpg
    2473966.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 439
  • r2459418690.jpg
    r2459418690.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,911
Last edited:
Maxima looked wonderful, I am not sure what to think of Mary's headpiece.

I think Maxima looks very good. The colour of her suit is dark indeed, and the hat not really what I like, but she looks very chique and 'royal'. The big pearls help as well (I believe they are her own and not property of the Orange-Nassau foundation), the most 'royal' of the gathered princesses IMO.
I didn't like Mette-Marits suit (and hat) to much, but she seems such a sweet lady that it doesn't really bothers me what she wears, her face just glows and her hair is beautiful as well.
Mary looked charming, and Rosario's suit was the nicest, though I have seen her looking better in the face.
The stars of the day were of course the 5 children, they all were absolutely wonderfull!

Last edited:

Attachments

• Sverre_Magnus_234669m.jpg
    Sverre_Magnus_234669m.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 365
  • sverrdaap.jpg
    sverrdaap.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 4,271
  • daapserie6.jpg
    daapserie6.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 274
  • daapserie1.jpg
    daapserie1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,504
Last edited:
pictures from anb.no

Attachments

• alle20060305-.jpg
    alle20060305-.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 398
  • alle20060304-_5_2.jpg
    alle20060304-_5_2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 270
  • alle20060304-_10.jpg
    alle20060304-_10.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 297
  • alle20060304-_11.jpg
    alle20060304-_11.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 468
  • alle20060304-_13.jpg
    alle20060304-_13.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 523
poor Princess Martha Louise... now her hat is compared to Harry Potter's model or like Mad-Hatter from Alice in the Wonderland :rolleyes: ;)

and it's definite a toy for little Leah Isadora :D :D

see the article from Nettavisen, here
& here are some photos of Martha Louise and her family from Scanpix (via Nettavisen, vg & dagbladet)

Attachments

• martha_m_rtha_louis_234668g.jpg
    martha_m_rtha_louis_234668g.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 597
  • m_rtha_martha_hatt_234660m.jpg
    m_rtha_martha_hatt_234660m.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 743
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 1141481627.26745.jpg
    1141481627.26745.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 446
  • mermerdap.jpg
    mermerdap.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
no photos of Victoria at the christening? Or is it just me who has forget how she looks :D

edit: now I found her :)

Why is it so that many of the royal ladies wear dark clothes?

Back
Top Bottom