A Princess is Born-exhibition '05

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Crown Prince Haakon attended the opening of Stortinget today
Pictures here

pdas1201 said:
Although, I feel she needs to rethink those stockings (actually, any other color but black completely alludes me) and the shoes just don't go.
Why is choosing the right stockings so difficult, if in doubt choose none shiny nude ones.

To day Mette-Marit opened the exhibition ”A Princess is born” at the International Museum of Children’s Art” the exhibition consists of greetings, paintings and gifts Norwegian children sent to the Palace when Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born. The Museum was allowed in the Palace Archives to find items to include in the exhibition. The exhibition will be shown until July 2006 and shows the work of 75 children
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article471685.ece

Pictures from www.seegerpress.de
The jacket does not fit at all and looks akward. The red colour looks good on her though

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00148450.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148450.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 420
  • pre-SEEGER00148452.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148452.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 271
  • pre-SEEGER00148453.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148453.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 245
  • pre-SEEGER00148451.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148451.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 930
  • pre-SEEGER00148456.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148456.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 391
  • pre-SEEGER00148455.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148455.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 242
  • pre-SEEGER00148454.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148454.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Do you think she wants it, she seems awfully attached to the one she already has;)

More from isifa

Attachments

• is_11271926.jpg
    is_11271926.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 330
  • is_11271936.jpg
    is_11271936.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 327
  • is_11271959.jpg
    is_11271959.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 361
  • is_11271942.jpg
    is_11271942.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 218
  • is_11271935.jpg
    is_11271935.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 317
  • is_11271925.jpg
    is_11271925.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 278
  • is_11271924.jpg
    is_11271924.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 385
  • is_11271923.jpg
    is_11271923.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 303
  • is_11271910.jpg
    is_11271910.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 356
  • is_11271908.jpg
    is_11271908.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I love her outfit. especially the gold chain. it goes so well with her burgundy coat.

Larzen said:
To day Mette-Marit opened the exhibition ”A Princess is born” at the International Museum of Children’s Art” the exhibition consists of greetings, paintings and gifts Norwegian children sent to the Palace when Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born.
What a great idea, I like it very much! And what an honour for the children who can see their gifts at this exhibition! A very cute idea indeed! Crown Princess Mette-Marit looks great again, happy and in harmony with herself! :)

What a neat idea for an exhibit! Mette-Marit looks great in red! How cool must it be for the kids whose gifts are part of the exhibition!

Thanks for all the pictures! She look great! I Love her jacket and the red colour.

Mette-Marit on the cover of Se og Hör from www.shf.no (Why is Idol-winner Jorun Stiansen sooo mad at MM? and the pregnant Aqua-Lenes daugther India is sooo cute on the picture of her)

Attachments

• Forside.jpg
    Forside.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 311
An article on the A Princess is born exhibition

Proud of Princess drawings
When Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born, there came thousands of greetings – cards, drawings, poems and gifts – to the Palace from children through-out the country. 75 of the contributions have gotten a spot in the exhibition ”A Princess is born”.

“A really nice exhibition” said the main person’s mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, when she opened the exhibition at the Children’s art museum in Oslo, Tuesday morning. She recogniced a lot of the drawings and things that are lent from the Palace archives and that now has a spot at the exhibition. “It is very nice to see that one can show some of the nice drawings that have come to the Palace every day” she added. And on a quetion on how the shape was nowadays, one and a half month before due date, the answer came quick and smiling; “Really well!”

Flowers and a teddy
Five years old Daniel Goldin, the grand son of the founder, got the honour to present the flowers to the Crown Princess and a stuffed animal to Princess Ingrid Alexandra, which is too small to attend exhibition openings. It is Alla and Rafael Goldin who in their days founded the Children’s art museum in Oslo, where the daughter Angela Goldin is the manager today. “It is an amazing experience to be alowed to pick drawings and other things from the Palace archives to this exhibition. This is greetings from the generation who looks farward to having Ingrid Alexandra as their Queen. The material also have great historical value and will be taken good care of, so that future generations can see what the children found important when the country’s first female heir to the throne in modern times was born” says Angela Goldin.

The exhibition will last untill July next year.

SFO and nurseries (SFO is after school activities)
It isn’t only individuals who sends their greetings to Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Also school classes, SFOs and nurseries have contributed greatly to the exhibtition. Amongst others there is a nice greeting with photos from the nursery Queen Mauds Memory in Trondheim. “Adresseavisen visited us when you were born because we have such a nice name on our nursery” it read in the greeting from Trondheim. There is alson no doubt that the exhibition has an extreme high princess factor – pink dresses and princess crowns were popular motifs on the framed drawings.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=293055 My translation

mette marit looked wonderful today. hope she continues in that line. loved the combination of red coat-black outfit and the detail of the collar...
it's a pity we couldn't see new pics of ingrid today though...

"Why is Idol-winner Jorun Stiansen sooo mad at MM?"

what does "her er det noe som er sinnsikt galt" mean? maybe that can help us to guess... :)

Last edited:
carlota said:
"Why is Idol-winner Jorun Stiansen sooo mad at MM?"

what does "her er det noe som er sinnsikt galt" mean? maybe that can help us to guess... :)
"Her er det noe som er sinnsykt galt" that don't say why she is mad at her.. It means "Here is it somthing witch is totaly wrong/bad".

Last edited:
Jorun Stiansen (the winner of Norwegian Idol) is the face of the Norwegian animal protection and think it is wrong of Mette-Marit to wear fur. (Or anyone else but saying "Dont wear fur" wont get a B-list celebrety on the cover of Se og Hør) The palace refuse to comment (And frankly I dont think thy loose sleep over what a reality celebrety think) Queen Sonja wears much more fur than Mette-Mairt but I guess she wont get a cover either.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article471650.ece

A selection from http://www.royalportraits.nl/ChildrensArtMuseum.htm

http://img422.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgmetm69599sn.jpg

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Jorun Stiansen (the winner of Norwegian Idol) is the face of the Norwegian animal protection and think it is wrong of Mette-Marit to wear fur. (Or anyone else but saying "Dont wear fur" wont get a B-list celebrety on the cover of Se og Hør) The palace refuse to comment (And frankly I dont think thy loose sleep over what a reality celebrey think) Queen Sonja wears much more fur than Mette-Mairt but I guess she wont get a cover either.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article471650.ece

Suppose it is also a case of Jorun not having got enough time on the front pages of magazines lately...

Larzen said:
The jacket does not fit at all and looks akward. The red colour looks good on her though

I agree about the color. Here in the US those sweater jackets are quite popular for cold weather.They are more casual wear than formal though. Over all the look is very young and chic, much better than the look from her recent outings.

I love her Prada purse.

Last edited:
Another article on CP Mette-Marit

Enough to feed Mette-Marit
(this headline is a wordplay, as Mette in addition to being a name also is a verb describing the feeling when you have eaten and aren’t hungry anymore - untranslateable)

The Crown Princess wasn’t asked twice when she got a cake put infront of her on Monday. Today she opens an art exhibiton on behalf of Ingrid Alexandra.

The pregnant Crown Princess have been struggling with her health recently. But on Monday she arranged a gathering to mark the World Day of Mental Health. The marking celebrated it’s 20th anniversary, and it was therefore served a cake with 20 candles on. Mette-Marit was an obvious guest to blow out the candles. If she followed it up by wishing for something, the story doesn’t tell.

Exhibition
Today Mette-Marit will be present during the opening of the exhibition “A Princess is born” at the Children’s art museum. “It consists of drawings, greetings, postcards and gifts that Norwegian children have sent from all over the country in connection to Ingrid Alexandras birth and christening. We have been alowed to go through the Palace archives and found contributions that the Palace have recieved and presents it at the exhibition” says manager at the museum, Angela Goldin, to Side2.

So that the children themselves shall have the chance to see the exhibition, it will be shown untill July next year. Totally, there is shown 75 contributions by children from all of Norway.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article471685.ece My translation

It talks about much the same as the article from VG, but also mentiones some other things that CP Mette-Marit finds important, namely mental health.

The other story was about Mette-Marit that show her “bullet stomach”, and wear a top in a black stretch fabric that Jordan, Britney Spears, Penny Lancaster and Jennifer Gardner also has used.

The major thing is that the top was transparent and everybody could see her growing stomach and that her navel was pointed outward as usual for pregnant women.

She had also a Prade purse in brown leather that costs about 2500 US Dollar.

I
deplore the bad quality of the scan, but my scanner isn’t too good.

Attachments

• SCAN2.jpg
    SCAN2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
andr said:
The other story was about Mette-Marit that show her “bullet stomach”, and wear a top in a black stretch fabric that Jordan, Britney Spears, Penny Lancaster and Jennifer Gardner also has used.

The major thing is that the top was transparent and everybody could see her growing stomach and that her navel was pointed outward as usual for pregnant women.

I

Oh the scan is fine, I appreciate you scanning the article.

It is a bit sad when the press has to talk about a bellybutton, with such powerful flashes on the camera's it is only to be expected that we can see through the tight, black top.

In everyday life nobody would have noticed it.

I would hate the press talking about how much I had spent on clothes, Princess Anne gets slated for wearing clothes she wore in the past. You can;t win really.

andr said:

I
I'm absolutely sure that Se og Hor has manipilated with the picture and made here belly more transparent than is was in real life, with the help of photoshop. It is an easy job:)

fromEU said:
I'm absolutely sure that Se og Hor has manipilated with the picture and made here belly more transparent than is was in real life, with the help of photoshop. It is an easy job:)

In any way, the pictures of the same occasion posted here don't reveal any bellybutton. I doubt that even Mette-Marit (no offense intended) would wear a transparent top at an official function.

I guess that the top is transparent because of the angle and the hard light of the flash. I right that the image is lightened alot in the Se og Hor magasin, probably too much. I found this originals at Action Press and Cover and there’s no doubt that the top looks transparent on the pictures.

fromEU said:
You say it your self ... "in private"... We don't/can't know. At least not everything:) Just because there isn't any pictures of it, doesn't mean that hasn't happened. Of course it doesn't happen often, but I think the the Royals, especially the scandinavien, meet each other out of the press limelight. They probably have one or two tricks to avoid the press. Frederik has always been known for making good smokescreens for the press, when he wants to have privacy. Frederik and Mary were only photographed once together(driving out of Amalienborg) until the summer 2002. Then they decided themselves to be seen togetheer at a friends wedding. So it is possible:)

If they meet the press would have known, and they has of course spoken too each other at weddings and stuff, but never been on any private visits as far as I know. But they can talk on the phone, send e-mails etc. without the press knowing it.

Attachments

• K114748_03.jpg
    K114748_03.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 196
  • K114748_04.jpg
    K114748_04.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 225
  • K114748_05.jpg
    K114748_05.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 238
  • K114748_06.jpg
    K114748_06.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
a top doesn't become transparent because of the angle of a camera!

It's indeed not flattering. If you can see it on a photo, you can certainly see it yourself as well. A better choice next time I hope.

Hannelore said:
a top doesn't become transparent because of the angle of a camera!

It's indeed not flattering. If you can see it on a photo, you can certainly see it yourself as well. A better choice next time I hope.

It's not transparent because of the camera angle, but because of the flash of the camera. When Mette-Marit got dressed I am sure that there was no transparency in her home. However, lighting in our private homes and dressing rooms is usually different from that of public lighting. Pair that with strong lighting from flashing cameras and there you have it.

It's like a friend of mine who was always putting on more makeup at work because she thought that she looked awful. Her lighting at home was not nearly as strong as the fluorescent lighting at work. At work, she thought that her face looked like she'd missed a few spots whereas at home, she thought that she looked great when she walked out of the door. It was simply a matter of lighting.

Isabel said:
It's not transparent because of the camera angle, but because of the flash of the camera. When Mette-Marit got dressed I am sure that there was no transparency in her home. However, lighting in our private homes and dressing rooms is usually different from that of public lighting. Pair that with strong lighting from flashing cameras and there you have it.

It's like a friend of mine who was always putting on more makeup at work because she thought that she looked awful. Her lighting at home was not nearly as strong as the fluorescent lighting at work. At work, she thought that her face looked like she'd missed a few spots whereas at home, she thought that she looked great when she walked out of the door. It was simply a matter of lighting.
IIRC, one of John Kerry's daughters wore a black dress to a red carpet event when he was running for president. It become transparent with all the camera flashes.

kwanfan said:
IIRC, one of John Kerry's daughters wore a black dress to a red carpet event when he was running for president. It become transparent with all the camera flashes.

Yep. I remember that. I think that this is exactly what happened to Mette-Marit here. The top that she is wearing isn't made of the most tightly threaded material, but it is made more like a sweater. It may actually be a lighter sweater than the heavy red one that she is wearing on top, so with that type of threading and material it's really easy for lighting and camera flashes to create a sort of transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom