The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 38
I guess that the top is transparent because of the angle and the hard light of the flash. I right that the image is lightened alot in the Se og Hor magasin, probably too much. I found this originals at Action Press and Cover and there’s no doubt that the top looks transparent on the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
You say it your self ... "in private"... We don't/can't know. At least not everything:) Just because there isn't any pictures of it, doesn't mean that hasn't happened. Of course it doesn't happen often, but I think the the Royals, especially the scandinavien, meet each other out of the press limelight. They probably have one or two tricks to avoid the press. Frederik has always been known for making good smokescreens for the press, when he wants to have privacy. Frederik and Mary were only photographed once together(driving out of Amalienborg) until the summer 2002. Then they decided themselves to be seen togetheer at a friends wedding. So it is possible:)
If they meet the press would have known, and they has of course spoken too each other at weddings and stuff, but never been on any private visits as far as I know. But they can talk on the phone, send e-mails etc. without the press knowing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K114748_03.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	204165   Click image for larger version

Name:	K114748_04.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	204166   Click image for larger version

Name:	K114748_05.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	204167   Click image for larger version

Name:	K114748_06.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	204168  

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 2,110
a top doesn't become transparent because of the angle of a camera!

It's indeed not flattering. If you can see it on a photo, you can certainly see it yourself as well. A better choice next time I hope.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
a top doesn't become transparent because of the angle of a camera!

It's indeed not flattering. If you can see it on a photo, you can certainly see it yourself as well. A better choice next time I hope.
It's not transparent because of the camera angle, but because of the flash of the camera. When Mette-Marit got dressed I am sure that there was no transparency in her home. However, lighting in our private homes and dressing rooms is usually different from that of public lighting. Pair that with strong lighting from flashing cameras and there you have it.

It's like a friend of mine who was always putting on more makeup at work because she thought that she looked awful. Her lighting at home was not nearly as strong as the fluorescent lighting at work. At work, she thought that her face looked like she'd missed a few spots whereas at home, she thought that she looked great when she walked out of the door. It was simply a matter of lighting.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
kwanfan's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
It's not transparent because of the camera angle, but because of the flash of the camera. When Mette-Marit got dressed I am sure that there was no transparency in her home. However, lighting in our private homes and dressing rooms is usually different from that of public lighting. Pair that with strong lighting from flashing cameras and there you have it.

It's like a friend of mine who was always putting on more makeup at work because she thought that she looked awful. Her lighting at home was not nearly as strong as the fluorescent lighting at work. At work, she thought that her face looked like she'd missed a few spots whereas at home, she thought that she looked great when she walked out of the door. It was simply a matter of lighting.
IIRC, one of John Kerry's daughters wore a black dress to a red carpet event when he was running for president. It become transparent with all the camera flashes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
IIRC, one of John Kerry's daughters wore a black dress to a red carpet event when he was running for president. It become transparent with all the camera flashes.
Yep. I remember that. I think that this is exactly what happened to Mette-Marit here. The top that she is wearing isn't made of the most tightly threaded material, but it is made more like a sweater. It may actually be a lighter sweater than the heavy red one that she is wearing on top, so with that type of threading and material it's really easy for lighting and camera flashes to create a sort of transparency.
__________________

__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Irene (1942-), sister of King Constantine elenaris The Royal Family of Greece 256 07-11-2014 12:28 AM
Ingrid - Queen of Denmark, born Princess of Sweden (1910-2000) Josefine Swedish Royal History 32 01-20-2011 05:48 AM
Princess Olga (1971-), dau of Prince Michael iseestudio The Royal Family of Greece 93 09-27-2008 03:45 PM
A Princess is Born in Denmark!; April 21, 2007 Cissan Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 634 05-05-2007 12:17 AM
Prince Akashino, Princess Kiko Visit Jordanian Exhibition Safaa Batin Royal House of Jordan 1 10-03-2004 07:04 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]