Boy 15 68.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Majesty

and what names do you think the baby will be given

Old 08-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I was reading about possible names for Phillippe and Mathilde's second baby and found some ideas that I liked. (Of course, it doesn't matter very much what I like as much as what Phillippe and Mathilde like ... )

But here are a couple of names I have jumped on the bandwagon for ... Clementine, Charlotte or Marie-Alix (after Mathilde's late sister) for a girl. Nicolas or Alexandre for a boy.

Many think that Baudoin might be the choice if it is a boy, espescially since it is 10th anniversary of the late King's death.

Old 08-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 4th, 2003 - 8:04 am
I was reading about possible names for Phillippe and Mathilde's second baby and found some ideas that I liked. (Of course, it doesn't matter very much what I like as much as what Phillippe and Mathilde like ... )

But here are a couple of names I have jumped on the bandwagon for ... Clementine, Charlotte or Marie-Alix (after Mathilde's late sister) for a girl. Nicolas or Alexandre for a boy.

Many think that Baudoin might be the choice if it is a boy, espescially since it is 10th anniversary of the late King's death.
i was thinking about Marie-alix too :-)

maybe baudoin would make a good second name for a boy . although i have much respect fore the late king baudouin i think the name is quite oldfashioned.

i don't think it will be a clementine or alexandre. alexandre cause there's allready one in the family. and clementine cause one singer in Belgium got a son named clement. there are A LOT of rumors that that child is Laurent's.(Laurent's villa near brussels is called "clementine")

I think if it's a girl maybe Astrid or Marie-Alix.
A boy Leopold or maybe filip - bauduoin
i think the name bauduoin will be somewhere in the name if it's a boy
Old 08-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Martine@Aug 4th, 2003 - 3:56 pm
i was thinking about Marie-alix too :-)

maybe baudoin would make a good second name for a boy . although i have much respect fore the late king baudouin i think the name is quite oldfashioned.

i don't think it will be a clementine or alexandre. alexandre cause there's allready one in the family. and clementine cause one singer in Belgium got a son named clement. there are A LOT of rumors that that child is Laurent's.(Laurent's villa near brussels is called "clementine")

I think if it's a girl maybe Astrid or Marie-Alix.
A boy Leopold or maybe filip - bauduoin
i think the name bauduoin will be somewhere in the name if it's a boy
I agree with you Martine that Baudoin as a first name is too old-fashioned. But I do imagine that the late King will be honoured if Phillippe and Mathilde have a boy, perhaps as a second name as you suggested.

And I think Clementine is unlikely, too. Although I just like the originality and uniqueness of the name! :P
Old 08-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

yeh i like Clementine too. it would something else for a change. Most royal babies get conservative names i think.
Princess Astrid's children have pretty conservative names (although they have pretty names) except for Amedeo.
Elizabeth is also very conservative , but i think that's also the way Filip and Mathilde are......(not that there's anything wrong with that)
Old 08-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The names may seem conservative, but the children aren't always called by their official names in their family.... E. g. queen Astrid of Belgium called her daughter Joséphine-Charlotte actually Joe-Joe, Baudouin was called Bobo at home, and Albert simply Bébé (he was only one year old in 1935, when his mother died).

In princess Astrid's family Maria Laura is called Laura, Maria Luisa is called Louise, and Laetitia Maria just Laetitia.

When Philippe and Mathilde talk about their daughter (in not so official occasions) they say Elisa, as they call her at home.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Very interesting information Cathérine Bergeyck. I never knew about Phillippe and Mathilde calling Elisabeth Elisa. How endearing. Got anymore info on nicknames of the royals?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

what years Belguim King's Death ? i don't know that about it!

im sure if boy will be honour name of his like that im not going answer for that!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Hmm...I think you people have skived off the subject a bit, eh?
Hmmmm...well my two cents.
Boy: Nicholas-Baoudain (sp?), Samuel, Phillipe, Pierre, hmmm...Michel?
Girl: Madeleine, Alice, Louisa, Marianne, Nicolette.
Wow, I'm no good at this, remind me to never have kids, it'd be too hard naming them...and raising them for that matter.
Belgian people speak French, right? Or do they speak something else? Je ne sais pas, tu connais, oui?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

60% of the Belgians speaks Dutch, the rest of them French, there's also a small minority that speaks German. And that's the difficulty in finding a name. To not insult any of the Belgian communities they're best to find a name that's written and pronounced the same way in the three languages (which wasn't the case before, e. g. Baudouin is French, in Dutch he was called Boudewijn).
Philippe admitted at the birth of his daughter that they chose the name Elisabeth (or Elisa ) because it's pronounced the same in practically every language, but also because they liked it of course, and because it's the name of her illustrious ancestor queen Elisabeth of Belgium.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:17 AM
Courtier

maybe

Sophie, Charlotte, Joséphine, Clara, Astrid

or

Alexander/Alexandre, Maximilian, Nicholas, Friedrich

well, we'll see B)
Old 08-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@Aug 8th, 2003 - 7:16 pm
what years Belguim King's Death ? i don't know that about it!

im sure if boy will be honour name of his like that im not going answer for that!

Sara Boyce
you mean king Bauduoin? he died in July 1993.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 8th, 2003 - 4:19 pm
Very interesting information Cathérine Bergeyck. I never knew about Phillippe and Mathilde calling Elisabeth Elisa. How endearing. Got anymore info on nicknames of the royals?
Queen paola calls King albert "Tino" and Astrid "Tridi"
Old 08-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Majesty

most of you say a boy,... we may know about it very soon....
Old 08-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Majesty

and a boy was born with the name Gabriel

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mathilde, names, polls, pregnancy