Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events 1, Oct 2019 - Feb 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Duchess_of_Brabant.svg.png

Arms of Princess Elisabeth

Welcome to the thread Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events, Part 1

Commencing October 14, 2019

The previous thread about the Princess and her siblings can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Forum Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely idea...Elisabeth now has her own thread to mark her 18th birthday and coming of age as Duchess of Brabant!:flowers:

Lovely to see her have her own thread as an adult now :flowers:

I am still having a hard time realizing that one of the kids who was a baby when I started getting into royalty (other then UK) is now or soon to be an adult.

I wish King Baudouin and especially Fabiola could see how beautifully Elisabeth and the other children have been brought up.

Baudouin never knew Mathilde and the children, but I am certain he would be thrilled with them.;)

Great idea to have created that thread, I hope there will be plenty of news and pix to fill it !

I wish King Baudouin and especially Fabiola could see how beautifully Elisabeth and the other children have been brought up.

Baudouin never knew Mathilde and the children, but I am certain he would be thrilled with them.;)

Don't worry, they do see that. From elsewhere ;):flowers:

Well a new and wonderful Opportunity to see her ! I look forward to it !

Princess Elisabeth remains at the Atlantic College in Wales where she's to take part in her final exams in May. Those who leave campus to go home can't return for the exams

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/royalty...-wegens-corona-maatregelen-in-wales~a632e11d/

"Belgian Crown Princess Elisabeth, who boards at UWC Atlantic College in Wales, will return to Belgium. Her school "have taken the decision today to encourage the repatriation of as many students as possible to their home countries as a matter of urgency.""

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a sad situation but to waste the time she has already spent working on this away from home it is sensible to complete the examinations and then return home provided the school is not exposed to Covid-19.

Her parents will be relieved to see HRH. I wondered if she is banned from seeing her grandparents for safety sake.

14 day self isolation seems to bee the norm and very sensible

Her parents will be relieved to see HRH. I wondered if she is banned from seeing her grandparents for safety sake.

I believe so. Here in Belgium they stress really hard on not mixing the generations. Grandparents and grandchildren must stay apart. The TV station één broadcasts messages that familymembers film for eachother.

Probably or very surely there is ban. Ex-king couple is very old already and king Albert II hasn't very good health. He hardly would last corona.

:previous: Are the retired royal couple still visiting the country, or are they back at home in Italy?

I don't know what it's like in Belgium but the British government have advised children not to be in the care of grandparents when self-isolating, so I would presume that the Belgian government are following similar guidelines and thus Elisabeth wouldn't be allowed to visit her grandparents. The good thing about today is that there are always virtual ways of keeping in touch.

I have read Nothing here in Belgium forbidding children and grand parents mixing… of course we are advised to keep isolated.

Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events: October 2019 -

Check point 3 of how to slow down the spreading.
https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/

When the lessons school were stopped a week ago, it was asked to not have the grandparents take care of the children.

Retirement homes are also closed for visitors.

And since wednesday all non essential displacement is forbidden.

That’s why I believe Elisabeth will not see her grandparents.

Last edited:
My sister's neighbours have just returned and are is self isolation. There daughter called by and they stood at their door talking to her from across the lawn and the rose beds. They were taking no chances but still wanted to see each other.

At the end of August Elisabeth will start studying Social and Military Sciences for a year at the Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

Her studies in Wales endend without final exams due to the corona pandemic. She graduates on the average of her results of the past two years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZbDu2HhNM/?igshid=1of373s68hari

In Dutch:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/...th-kiest-na-wales-voor-een-militaire-opleidi/

Last edited:
At the end of August Elisabeth will start studying for a year at the Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

Her studies in Wales endend without final exams due to the corona pandemic. She graduates on the average of her results of the past two years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZbDu2HhNM/?igshid=1of373s68hari

In Dutch:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/...th-kiest-na-wales-voor-een-militaire-opleidi/

Amadeo did the same before he went to university. Joachim similar though he went the navy route.

Her father and Uncle before them for longer periods though.

Be interesting to see what she studies/where when she completes that year. Her cousins have chosen schools in the UK, Italy and Canada. There will be more pressure though for her to study at a Belgian university at least for her undergraduate I suspect. Philippe did his degrees at Oxford and Stanford, but he had spent 3 years at the military academy first not one.

I find the photos odd, I mean I understand the announcement but why do they need to be accompanied by pictures of an 18 year old jogging?

I find the photos odd, I mean I understand the announcement but why do they need to be accompanied by pictures of an 18 year old jogging?

I am with you, I do not understand the rationale for the pictures of Elizabeth when out for a jog.

Yeah I appreciate new photos with the announcement but these seem odd.

It seems like they are 'look how athletic she is' and she is going into the military training.

I mean yes we got some photos of Philippe jogging recently. But it was part of the covid running challenge. Not an official announcement about training.

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/05/king-philippe-runs-for-a-good-cause-photo-2.html

Well posting a picture of her lounging on the couch with a bag of crisps, would be even more anachronistic. [emoji6]

The jogging pictures is a wink to the physical part of the training she will get. The instagram post starts with ‘almost ready for...’

We can expect her to take part in the parade on National Day 2021 in the uniform of the Military Academy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0NlOwhClMe/?igshid=6da55ncx9qor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom