Summer Photo Session in L'Ile d'Yeu, Vendee, France- July 24, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Elisabeth's dress, it suits her age so perfectly. :D

What beautiful photos as well. I do wish the British Royals would do photo shoots like this annually, as I think it would take the pressure of them and the press would not hound them as much every time they are seen in public.

lovely family...but the clothes seem to matchy matchy for my taste:)

I love this family but Elisabeth has looked so unhappy the last couple of times we have seen pictures of her. Hope its not too much for her and we get to she her beautiful smile again!

Absolutely beautiful photos! What a super family holiday!
I quite like that they are all wearing shades of blue - perfect choice for a summer holiday by the sea!
I have not followed this family much so have seen few photos of them, but I am quite sure that Elisabeth has a loving and supportive family to look after her - maybe she was keen to just get on with her holiday and playing instead of doing the photoshoot? Also, maybe during the throne-change celebrations last weekend, she wanted to look serious and grown up?

Wha a wonderful set of photos from tis loely famiy. All the childres are so beautiful and I love the colour of their outfits.

What a great setting - each year they come up with a new idea for the summer photo session, it's always such a nice surprise. Thanks a lot for posting, stephanievl!

stephanievl, the children spoke french. Did they spoke dutch also ?

Élisabeth does look a little blue, but being as much in the spotlight as she and her siblings have been these last couple of days must be rather tiring. Her dress, I agree, is very beautiful to her. The kids are adorable, I particularly love this picture. Gabriel and Eléonore look like Mathilde where Élisabeth and Emmanuel really look like Philippe. The video is lovely too, I loved when Gabriel tried to take Eléonore's hand and then she took her hand away :D

Last edited:
Beautiful family. Literally picture perfect. :)

I think Elisabeth might be a bit self conscious about her teeth ;) not unhappiness but more of a "let me get brackets now please now that I'll be photographed all the time" kind of thing :D

Beautiful family, they look so good together.

Yes they speak Dutch as they are attending Dutch speaking schools.
Wonderful pix really, all that blue, it makes me dream !

I think Elisabeth might be a bit self conscious about her teeth ;) not unhappiness but more of a "let me get brackets now please now that I'll be photographed all the time" kind of thing :D

Beautiful family, they look so good together.
I always thought so too, Elisabeth is self conscious about her teeth and wants to avoid wide open smiles, it's not that she's a unhappy child, I find her quite happy and full of love, she also doesn't mind doing photosessions and tries her best to be lady-like, but she wants to avoid showing her teeth that much.
I find it quite reasonable, I had complex about certain physical part of my boby since I was a child.

I don't have much knowledge on the field, but which age does children use dental braces? Maybe she's not allowed yet to use one, but I think she eventually will.

I fell in love with Gabriel since his official presentation. He is really handsome !!!

I don't have much knowledge on the field, but which age does children use dental braces? Maybe she's not allowed yet to use one, but I think she eventually will.

I had my first braces at the age of twelve. You have to get them while your teeth are still "growing", so to speak. I was told that it would be almost pointless to get them once I'd passed eighteen (which wouldn't have been particularly comfortable, being in your late teens and wearing braces on your teeth).

I had my first braces at the age of twelve. You have to get them while your teeth are still "growing", so to speak. I was told that it would be almost pointless to get them once I'd passed eighteen (which wouldn't have been particularly comfortable, being in your late teens and wearing braces on your teeth).

Sometimes kids will do two rounds of braces now. First set will be on their adult teeth and might make an adjustment to allow for incoming adult teeth. The second set would come on after the primary teeth are out and the final straightening can then begin.
Elisabeth's dentist/orthodontist might be waiting for the right time.

Well.... you know...at a certain age girls start going from a little girl to a young lady and all sorts of things start happening in both mind and body that are not real fun; also,even a princess must go through the ''my family is soo dorky/ I am not a little kid!'' phase :)

Last edited:
Lovely pictures. I love the different shades of blue. The children are beautiful, and it's lovely to see them in a relaxing environment. I think Elisabeth is feeling a lot of pressure from last week's investiture, and perhaps the reality of the situation, and her position are sinking in. That has to be difficult for a girl of eleven, who is just beginning to transform into a teen, and teen years are not exactly the easiest.

I agree with the observations about Princess Elisabeth. She has had a melancholy heaviness about her since she was small. Although she occasionally crack a smile it does not seem very genuine. I hope she is fine and that her parents know what is going on with her. Her demeanor is worrisome.

thank you! I thought I was just weird or negative for noticing. I was watching some video someone posted on another thread that showed her growing up and you could see her getting more somber? introverted? listless? and looking wan. I don't know he right term for it. she just does not look a happy young girl.

Beautiful pictures but... poor them!! Especially the kids and even more Elisabeth.
I agree that she maybe doesn't smile because of her teeth (I had almost the same dentition and at the same age I began to "hide" my teeth) but she seems ennoyed too.
It's their holiday... can't they just be alone for a moment? :bang: :bang: They already had a hard moment 4 days ago, they have to acclimate to their new status, and I doubt a photoshoot (even 30 minutes) was a good idea...

The reactions from the Belgian are -surprisingly- enthousiastic! :flowers:

I used to have almost the same dentition as Elisabeth does, so did my brother. We had first to wear a sort of retainer who makes the palate wider ( really painful and you can't speak normally anymore) for a few months, then a normal retainer for keeping it in shape during at least a year, and eventually braces for 2 years.

I'm not a dentist, so I don't know if she has exactly the same as I did, but if yes, she maybe already has the first retainer and we don't see it.

The Children travelled the day before their parents. So the King and the Crown Princess were not in the same flight.
The whole family needs now some rest , they deserve it and I hope without the press !

The King will come back to Belgium to celebrate the 20 years of King's Baudouin's death on July 31 th.

I fell in love with Gabriel since his official presentation. He is really handsome !!!

he will surely be a womanizer when he'll grow up. Seriously...he's the perfect Prince Charming.
and about Elisabeth I'm quite sure her family will take her of her teeth (if they're not doing it already) probably waiting for the permanent dentition to be complete. I can totally understand, her being almost a teenager, if she starts being a bit concerned about her look in pictures. but she's not unhappy at all...she looks like having fun during the video

I think Elisabeth is just getting to that age- she'll be 12 this year. I wouldn't have been pleased with all the cameras, especially days after the inauguration where the kids had already been on display.

he will surely be a womanizer when he'll grow up. Seriously...he's the perfect Prince Charming.

I have negative thoughts by the word "womanizer", I rather see a (growing) self-assured boy who will show in the future that he knows how to treat a girl. Not surprising when you have an older sister ánd a younger one.

I think we are exaggerating by saying she is unhappy. She is more serieus than her brothers and sisters but that does not make her unhappy.

Exactly, there is difference between being serious and being unhappy. It just shows the general tendency of people drawing conclusions (too soon).

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the newly-minted King and Queen of the Belgians have their first family photo session after the inauguration in France and not in Belgium? Or am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom