The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Summer Photo Session in L'Ile d'Yeu, Vendee, France- July 24, 2013

Philippe, Mathilde and their childern Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel and Eleonore have posed for a summer photo session in L'Ile d'Yeu, Vendee, France, July 24, 2013

Pictures:

Nieuwsblad

Belga ** Isopix

Movie clip
La famille royale part en vacances en France

Old 07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Elisabeth's dress, it suits her age so perfectly.

What beautiful photos as well. I do wish the British Royals would do photo shoots like this annually, as I think it would take the pressure of them and the press would not hound them as much every time they are seen in public.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

lovely family...but the clothes seem to matchy matchy for my taste
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

I love this family but Elisabeth has looked so unhappy the last couple of times we have seen pictures of her. Hope its not too much for her and we get to she her beautiful smile again!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Absolutely beautiful photos! What a super family holiday!
I quite like that they are all wearing shades of blue - perfect choice for a summer holiday by the sea!
I have not followed this family much so have seen few photos of them, but I am quite sure that Elisabeth has a loving and supportive family to look after her - maybe she was keen to just get on with her holiday and playing instead of doing the photoshoot? Also, maybe during the throne-change celebrations last weekend, she wanted to look serious and grown up?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Wha a wonderful set of photos from tis loely famiy. All the childres are so beautiful and I love the colour of their outfits.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

What a great setting - each year they come up with a new idea for the summer photo session, it's always such a nice surprise. Thanks a lot for posting, stephanievl!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

stephanievl, the children spoke french. Did they spoke dutch also ?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Élisabeth does look a little blue, but being as much in the spotlight as she and her siblings have been these last couple of days must be rather tiring. Her dress, I agree, is very beautiful to her. The kids are adorable, I particularly love this picture. Gabriel and Eléonore look like Mathilde where Élisabeth and Emmanuel really look like Philippe. The video is lovely too, I loved when Gabriel tried to take Eléonore's hand and then she took her hand away

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful family. Literally picture perfect.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Nobility

I think Elisabeth might be a bit self conscious about her teeth not unhappiness but more of a "let me get brackets now please now that I'll be photographed all the time" kind of thing

Beautiful family, they look so good together.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes they speak Dutch as they are attending Dutch speaking schools.
Wonderful pix really, all that blue, it makes me dream !
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I think Elisabeth might be a bit self conscious about her teeth not unhappiness but more of a "let me get brackets now please now that I'll be photographed all the time" kind of thing

Beautiful family, they look so good together.
I always thought so too, Elisabeth is self conscious about her teeth and wants to avoid wide open smiles, it's not that she's a unhappy child, I find her quite happy and full of love, she also doesn't mind doing photosessions and tries her best to be lady-like, but she wants to avoid showing her teeth that much.
I find it quite reasonable, I had complex about certain physical part of my boby since I was a child.

I don't have much knowledge on the field, but which age does children use dental braces? Maybe she's not allowed yet to use one, but I think she eventually will.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I fell in love with Gabriel since his official presentation. He is really handsome !!!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I don't have much knowledge on the field, but which age does children use dental braces? Maybe she's not allowed yet to use one, but I think she eventually will.
I had my first braces at the age of twelve. You have to get them while your teeth are still "growing", so to speak. I was told that it would be almost pointless to get them once I'd passed eighteen (which wouldn't have been particularly comfortable, being in your late teens and wearing braces on your teeth).

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I had my first braces at the age of twelve. You have to get them while your teeth are still "growing", so to speak. I was told that it would be almost pointless to get them once I'd passed eighteen (which wouldn't have been particularly comfortable, being in your late teens and wearing braces on your teeth).
Sometimes kids will do two rounds of braces now. First set will be on their adult teeth and might make an adjustment to allow for incoming adult teeth. The second set would come on after the primary teeth are out and the final straightening can then begin.
Elisabeth's dentist/orthodontist might be waiting for the right time.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Nobility

Well.... you know...at a certain age girls start going from a little girl to a young lady and all sorts of things start happening in both mind and body that are not real fun; also,even a princess must go through the ''my family is soo dorky/ I am not a little kid!'' phase :)
Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Lovely pictures. I love the different shades of blue. The children are beautiful, and it's lovely to see them in a relaxing environment. I think Elisabeth is feeling a lot of pressure from last week's investiture, and perhaps the reality of the situation, and her position are sinking in. That has to be difficult for a girl of eleven, who is just beginning to transform into a teen, and teen years are not exactly the easiest.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with the observations about Princess Elisabeth. She has had a melancholy heaviness about her since she was small. Although she occasionally crack a smile it does not seem very genuine. I hope she is fine and that her parents know what is going on with her. Her demeanor is worrisome.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Nobility

thank you! I thought I was just weird or negative for noticing. I was watching some video someone posted on another thread that showed her growing up and you could see her getting more somber? introverted? listless? and looking wan. I don't know he right term for it. she just does not look a happy young girl.

Tags
king philippe, photo shoot, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, queen mathilde