Summer Photo Session in L'Ile d'Yeu, Vendee, France- July 24, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's their summer photosession, which happens to take place on their vacation in France, last year it was in London, because they were there for the Olympics.
I see no problem to held photoshoots on the place you are staying in.

I think the word shouldn't be womanizer but heartbreaker ;) and Emmanuel will be another one, after all he looks a lot like his handsome dad :wub:

I think the word shouldn't be womanizer but heartbreaker ;) and Emmanuel will be another one, after all he looks a lot like his handsome dad :wub:

of course...sorry, that was what I meant...:p

I have negative thoughts by the word "womanizer", I rather see a (growing) self-assured boy who will show in the future that he knows how to treat a girl. Not surprising when you have an older sister ánd a younger one.

I'm sorry...when English is not one's first language it's easy to make mistakes, especially when you're in a hurry and don't have time to check on the vocabulary. heartbreaker was the right word. I saw the ceremony last sunday and I noticed how attentive he was to his little sister eleonore, making sure she behaved. so I'm quite sure he'll be a real prince...his parents will the best example for Gabriel and his siblings :heart:

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the newly-minted King and Queen of the Belgians have their first family photo session after the inauguration in France and not in Belgium? Or am I missing something here?

I believe you may well be the only one who finds it odd.

There is no constitutional or legal requirement for the new king and his family to hold their first photosession in Belgium. A photosession is always held during the royal family's holiday, and because the holiday is taking place in France and not Belgium, it follows that the photos will be taken in France not Belgium.

I don't think any Belgian finds that odd. After all holidays are for changing no ???

Beautiful children and parents. I love their clothing with the different shades of blue. Very relaxed pictures, even the posed pictures look relaxed.

I think we are exaggerating by saying she is unhappy. She is more serieus than her brothers and sisters but that does not make her unhappy.

Another movie clip
Koning Filip op reis naar Frankrijk | VTM NIEUWS

Thank you for the video, I enjoyed watching it. :) I thought it was cute when Philippe was lifting the children off the rocks and Eleonore didn't look so sure at first, but then she did a big jump. I think the family looked happy and relaxed and the photo shoot looked very summery.

Don't forget that Elizabeth is going through a lot right now. Not only in the family, but puberty. Those hormone changes can be hard for a girl to handle until everything settles down. That may take a couple of years.

i believe you are right. hope her parents are understanding if she just wants to opt out of the family outings and photo shoots when she is feeling gross and moody.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the newly-minted King and Queen of the Belgians have their first family photo session after the inauguration in France and not in Belgium? Or am I missing something here?

I agree with you. I also think it is odd that so soon after taking the throne, the King and Queen head off on holiday. I appreciate it is the summer, but they could have waited a few weeks at least, IMO.

I agree with you. I also think it is odd that so soon after taking the throne, the King and Queen head off on holiday. I appreciate it is the summer, but they could have waited a few weeks at least, IMO.

OK, I accept that some people might find it odd for someone to be inaugurated as king and then go off on holiday, but no one is saying WHY they think it is odd and WHY should they have waited a few weeks? Wait for what exactly?! :)

OK, I accept that some people might find it odd for someone to be inaugurated as king and then go off on holiday, but no one is saying WHY they think it is odd and WHY should they have waited a few weeks? Wait for what exactly?! :)

I presume a new monarch might have an agenda, or a list of things he might want to achieve (however "ceremonial" these might be) in his reign. Going on holiday in the first week of ones reign is surely not the message, IMO.

It's tradition that the Belgian royals start their holiday right after the 21st of July.
Philippe met the members of the government on the day after and appointed his staff.
The government is also in recess so I guess it's the best time to go on vacation now.

It's the first time they had a photoshoot at their holiday spot, their previous summer shoots were always in Belgium (except for last year at the Olympics).
Maybe next year they go back to their previous routine of having a photoshoot at the beginning of the summer and somewhere in Belgium.

I'd imagine now it probably the best time to be away, if the rest of teh Governement is then its the best time for the King to be away and it probably also gives staff at the Royal palaces time to find their feet with the new King and Queen. It gives everyone a little bit of breathing space toget use to their new roles and a new King.

And the Royal Palace of Brussels is open to the public until beginning september and it is free. (closed on monday)

Here in Belgium we know that the royal familiy is going on holiday right after the national day, so there is no fuss about that.

The holiday of the family is shorter that usual since they will be back in Belgium on wednesday for the mass commerating King Boudewijn.
Normally there are no activities in august but i saw on the agenda that Philippe already has one.

As for the pictures taken in France, they have a photoshoot evey year with the childern last year it was in Londen. It is nice that it is not evey year the same setting, they change it evey year, which keeps it interresting and we don't get the same type of pictures evey year. We must be happy that they keep doing this now they are king and queen and that we get to see pictures of the family in an informal atmosphere

Out of interest where do they usually go on their summer holiday (and photo shoot) when they stay in Belgium? Do they stay at home or go a different place each year or do they have a holiday home somewhere to escape to?

Out of interest where do they usually go on their summer holiday (and photo shoot) when they stay in Belgium? Do they stay at home or go a different place each year or do they have a holiday home somewhere to escape to?

For the summer holiday they always go to L'Ilde D'Yeu in France.
The photo sessions are normally around the start of the summer holiday of te childern (which starts 01 july) and before the national day.

Except for this and last year (Londen) it is always in Belgium; They go on a day trip somewhere Belgian families take their childern on a day out.

The previous photo sessions:
2011: Archeosite in Aubechies (educational center)
2010: "De Pierlapont" in Loppem (educative farm)
2009: Paradisio in Brugelette (animal park)
2008: Zoo in Antwerp
2007: Parc Chlorophylle
2006: open-air museum and adventure park in Bokrijk

Hmm thanks for the information. Now I really don't understand the fuss, if they always go to France then they are just doing their usual thing. Really I suppose this could be counted as an extra photo session as we saw the children at the parade. Do the family have a holiday home in Belgium? Just curious....

Do the family have a holiday home in Belgium? Just curious....

As from now they will be the beneficiaries of a summer castle (state owned)made available to the reigning family in Ciergnon -
ciergnon - Recherche Google

I am not aware of any personal property they own in Belgium. I am sure they have several places where to go, such as the Losange castle belonging to the family of Mathilde. Both in the southern part of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom