The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

From Point de Vue

Elisabeth and her (then still) fiancé Alfonso Pallavicini were at the wedding of count Nicolas du Chastel de la Howarderie and countess Soline de Looz-Corswarem in Buvrinnes. The reception was held at the castle of Bois-le-Compte in Buvrinnes, property of the bride's parents.

1. the married couple with the brideschildren, dressed in the court style of Mary of Hungary.
2. archduke Rudolphe of Austria and his wife, archduchess Marie Gabrielle
3. Antonio Becherucci and countess Aurore de Limburg Stirum
4. the marquis and marchioness de Cossé Brissac
5. countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz, marquis Alfonso Pallavicini, Honorine de Cock de Rameyen and countess Louis de Limburg Stirum
6. archduke and archduchess Carl Peter of Austria with Isabelle Goldsmith-Patiño
7. princess Hélène d'Orléans and infanta Pilar of Spain.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations for the couple ! I was wondering if they speak French with each other because I read the mass was in Italian, German and English ...

Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Commoner

Mathilde is half-Polish - do you know about it?

Mathilde's mother Anna Komorowska is a Polish countess. Her grandfather Leon Komorowski was a count, her grandmother Zofia Sapieha was a member of one of the most powerful aristocratic families in Poland - she was a princess. Anna's family left Poland after II world war, when Poland was under communist regime. They lost everything. I suppose they were forced to leave. First they had moved to Congo, few years later they moved to Belgium. Since then - they have had to earn a living. I don't know much about Belgian gentry, I don't know too much about d'Udekem d'Acoz family - but I think they weren't well known in Belgium - just one of many noble families. The Sapieha family was at the top of Polish society for centuries. Mathilde doesn't speak Polish, but she remembers her background. I think it should be mentioned sometimes that she's half-Polish, her maternal grandparents were members of two (Sapieha and Komorowski) families well-deserved for Poland. Believe me - their history would be a great material for a film.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for this interesting explanation. I didn't know that yet (although I have to say that I know very little about our royal family, just the general facts). However, I dare to say that even before the mariage of Mathilde & Philippe, the d'Udekem d'Acoz family was already quite known in Belgium because of the disputes between the brothers and Henri being mayor of Poperinge.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Gentry

i thought mathilde did speak polish
Old 08-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Commoner

I mean - Mathilde's mother married beneath her. I don't think about money and wealth, but about position.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

No, she doesn't speak, but she little understand what someone say to her on Polish. She also can say few words on Polish.
I remember when she and Phillipe was in Poland few years ago and our former First Lady Jolanta Kwaśniewska welcome Mathilde and said Dzień dobry./Good morning. Mathilde anwsered to her the same on Polish.

Btw. about the Countess Komorowska's wedding - maybe anyone know the guest list or know where to find photos of her wedding?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

I am curious what the disputes were between Mathilde's fathers and his brothers. What is that about? And do you know how many siblings each of Mathilde's parents has -- who is living and where?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I think there was a recent disput betwen Mathild's father and uncle. I think it was about some farms or some property that her uncle sold without his brother's permission, but maybe someone can tell us more about it.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Commoner

Princess Sofia Sapieha-Kodenska (1919-1997), m.1942 Count Leon Komorowski (1907-1992)
Their children:
Countess Gabriella Komorowska (*1943)
Countess Róża Komorowska (*1945)
Countess Anna Komorowska (*1946)
Count Michał Komorowski (*1953)
Countess Krystyna Komorowska (*1955)
Countess Maria Komorowska (*1958)
They left Poland in 1957 - so, all their children (except Maria) - were born there).
Old 08-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Patrick's parents:
Charles baron d'Udekem d'Acoz since 1921 (1885-1968) "Ancien bourgmestre de Proven (Flandre occidentale)" married twice:
1) XX
2) 1933 Suzanne van Outryve d'Ydewalle (1898-1983). Children:
1. Henri, baron d'Ud'A, comte d'Ud'A (1999) (1933 in Proven- ) "Président du Conseil provincial de Flandre occidentale et bourgmestre de Poperinge. Il a aussi été bourgmestre de Proven et avocat au barreau d'Ypres."
2. Raoul, comte (1999) (1935 in Uccle - ) married to X de Maere d'Aertrycke. Children:
-1. Anne (1961 in Courtrai- )
-2. Diana (1963- ) married to X de Lhoneux (I think) - 6 children
-3. Bernard (1965- ) married to X Verhaege (I think) - 3 children
-4. Nadine (1968- ) married to X - 2 children
3. Patrick, comte (1999)

From: http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=e...+d%27acoz&t=PN
Old 08-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Anna Maria's parents:
Leon Michał, comte Komorowski (1907-1992) married 1942 to princess Zofia Sapiecha (1919-1997). All children bear the title of count and countess:
1. Gabriel Maria (1943 in Siedliska- )
2. Róża (Rose) Maria (1945 in Cracow- ) married 1969 to Jean Michel Maus de Rolley (1943- )
-1. Sophie (1972- ) married to Christopher Fery
-2. Xavier (1973-1996)
-3. Bernard
3. Anna Maria (1946 in Białogard, near Koszalin- ) married Patrick -civil 1.IX.1971 - Forville, church 11.IX.1971 -Hannut;
4. Michał Leon (1953 in Cracow- ) married 1976 to Dominique Willems (1956- ). Childrens are counts and was born in Liege.
-1. Leon Godefroi (1978-)
-2. Rudolf (1980- )
-3. Charlotta (1981- )
-4. Maria Jadwiga (1989- )
5. Krystyna Maria (1955 in Cracow- ) married c.1984 to Alain de Brabant
-1. Pierre Ladislaus
-2. Noemie MArie
-3. Benedicte Chantal
-4. Clotilde Isabelle
-5. Jean Baptiste
-6. Martin Bernard
6. Maria Teresa (1958 in Gomo, Congo- ) married to Gerard Braun.
-1. Xavier
-2. Olivier.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Her family looks so classy. She is definitely the perfect CP!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Commoner

http://genealog.home.pl/ - There are Mathilde's maternal grandparents pictures. I hope it works.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Commoner

Go to this site:
- choose language
- go to "Dynasties and Aristocratic Families"
- choose "s" and go to "Sapieha" - find Zofia Sapieha (poge 15 - with a small camera on the right) - There are some information about her and her family, and her picture (she was a beautiful lady).

Zofia Sapieha and her granddaughter Marie-Alix d'Udekem d'Acoz died in 1997 in a car accident.

More about family:
Sapieha

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sapieha (Belarusian: Сапега; Lithuanian Sapiega) is a Polish-Lithuanian princely family descending from medieval boyars of Smolensk.[1] Family acquired great influence in the 16th century.

History

The creator of fortune and power of the Sapieha family was Court and Great Chancellor and Great Hetman of Lithuania Lew Sapieha, a powerful magnate.
On September 14, 1700 Michal Franciszek Sapieha obtained the title of Prince from Emperor Leopold I. The title became extinct upon his death on November 19, 1700. In 1768 members of the Sapieha family obtained recognition of the princely title from the Polish Sejm. After the partitions of Poland, the family appeared in the list of persons authorised to bear the title of Prince of the Kingdom of Poland in 1824. The title was recognised in Austria in 1836 and 1840, and in Russia in 1874 and 1901. In 1905 the family obtained the qualification of Serene Highness in Austria.

Coat of Arms and Motto

The Sapieha family used the "Lis" arms and their motto was: ?

Members
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

What does Mathilde's father do, or what did he do, for a living?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I've found some info about d'Udekem d'Acoz family on the Dutch Wikipedia.
(Maybe someone can translate it or told what is write there.)

Patrick d’Udekem d’Acoz werd geboren te Ukkel op 28 april 1936, als de jongste zoon. Hij bracht zijn jeugd door in Proven. Na zijn studies als landbouwkundige vestigde hij zich in 1958 in de Provincie Luxemburg, waar hij in de bosbouw werkzaam was. Hij is tevens oud-Burgemeester van Villers-la-Bonne-Eau (Provincie Luxemburg). Nadien was hij nog Gemeenteraadslid van de stad Bastenaken en Provincieraadslid van de Provincie Luxemburg.
Ook is hij Ere-Reserve-Luitenant-kolonel bij de Luchtmacht en op dit ogenblik Consulair Rechter aan de Handelsrechtbank te Neufchâteau.
Het echtpaar woont nu in het Kasteel van Losange, een kasteel in Villers-la-Bonne-Eau, nabij Bastenaken, dat indertijd het toneel vormde voor de prinselijke verloving tussen Kroonprins Umberto van Savoie en Marie-José van België. Zeer recent maakte het paar de verloving van hun dochter Elisabeth bekend, met prins Alfonso Pallavincini.

More about d'Udekem d'Acoz family:http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Udekem_d%27Acoz

And two more:
http://users.skynet.be/koen.hendrick...orvaderen.html
http://www.angelfire.com/in/heinbruins/Udekem.html
Old 08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Gentry

TRANSLATED:

Patrick d Udekem d Acoz was born at Ukkel on 28 April 1936, as the youngest zoon. He spent its youth in Proven. After its studies as an agronomist he established himself in 1958, in the province Luxembourg, where he was in sylviculture operative. He is tevens oud-Burgemeester of Villers-la-Bonne-Eau (province Luxembourg). Afterwards he still municipality Council member of the city bast Aachen and province Council member of the province was Luxembourg.
Also he is Ere-Reserve-Luitenant-kolonel at the air power and on this moment consular judge to the trade court at Neufchâteau.
The couple lives now in the castle of Losange, a castle in Villers-la-Bonne-Eau, near bast Aachen that originally it stage formed for the princely verloving between crown prince Umberto van Savoie and Marie-José of Belgium. Very recent made the couple confessed the verloving of their for the Elisabeth, with prince Alfonso Pallavincini
Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks a lot Princes Lauren10
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the explanation! There are some words I don't understand though....what is sylviculture? And what is a tevens oud-Burgemeester?

Tags
crown princess mathilde, d'udekem d'acoz, family, mathilde's family, queen mathilde