The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

What had her father done?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Were the family of Queen Mathilde live?I mean the sisters and brother?

Old 05-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Mathilde's eldest sister Elisabeth Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz is married with the Marquess Alfonso Pallavicini. She lives in Belgium, France and in Italy. The Marquess Pallavicini was in the board of BNP Paribas but has now joined a private equities firm in Brussels.

Mathilde's youngest sister Hélène Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz is married with the Baron Nicolas Janssen. The family is one of the richest of Belgium. Baron Nicolas Janssen worked at the Cabinet of the Prime Minister. I believe at the moment he is in the diplomatic service. They live in the Brussels region.

Mathilde's mother the Dowager Countess Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz née Anne Marie Countess Komorowska lives with her son (Mathilde's only brother) Charles-Henri Count d'Udekem d'Acoz on the Château de Losange in Villers-la-Bonne-Eau (deep in the Ardennes). As Mathilde's father was a younger son, he inherited a "smaller" domain than his elder brothers who live at Couthof in Poperinge (Charles) and Raepenburg in Ruddervoorde (Raoul). The lack of monumentality however is compensated with the fantastic green surroundings where Mathilde's parent and brother live, the magnifique lush green Ardennes forests.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much who answer me.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

They know what job do Mathilde brother?
Old 05-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
They know what job do Mathilde brother?
According to their website he is an attorney at the company "Urban Law"
Old 05-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know they have website thanks Lee-Z.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

UrbanLaw sounds as a cool lawyers' office with hipsters etc. The partners forming the office however are remarkably "wellborn" and reside at the chique Avenue Lloyd George in Brussels: Pierre-Anne Countess du Monceau de Bergendal (specialized in corporate law), Charles-Henri Count d'Udekem d'Acoz (specialized in town planning and regulation law), Laure Countess de Riollet de Morteuil (specialized in civil real estate law)...
Old 05-24-2015, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The d'Udekem d'Acoz family really almost exclusively marrries with nobility.

Queen Mathilde's own father Patrick Count d'Udekem d'Acoz married Anne Marie Countess Komorowska.

Mathilde's eldest sister Elisabeth Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz married Alfonso Margrave Pallavicini. They have two children: Olympia and Adalberto, niece respectively nephew to Queen Mathilde.

Mathilde's youngest sister Hélène Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz married Nicolas Baron Janssen. They have two children: Cordelia and Alastair, niece respectively nephew to Queen Mathilde.

Mathilde's eldest uncle Henri Count d'Udekem d'Acoz is married to Jonkvrouw Marie-Madeleine (of the barons) Kervyn d'Oud Mooreghem. The couple have no children.

Mathilde's youngest uncle Raoul Count d'Udekem d'Acoz is married to Jonkvrouw Françoise (of the barons) de Maere d'Aertrijcke. They have four children, they are Queen Mathilde's cousins:

- Anne Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz (unmarried)

- Diane Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz is marrried to Jonkheer Benoît de Lhoneux. They have six children: Arnaud, Blandine, Évrard, Juliette, Cécile and Ferdinand.

- Bernard Count d'Udekem d'Acoz is married to Jonkvrouw Marie-Pierre Verhaegen. They have three children: Pierre, Charlotte and François.

- Nadine Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz is married to Jonkheer Pierre-Alexandre (of the Knights) David. They have three children: Héloïse, Clément and Victor.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Is very interested to see the future wife the Mathilde brother if he break the tradition.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is very interested to see the future wife the Mathilde brother if he break the tradition.
Some while ago I have read rumours about Charles-Henri and a certain lady De Hemptinne. That is a Belgian noble family. We will see...

Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Why almost this noble families from Germany,Belgium, Austria etc. married always another nobles and the royals don't?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why almost this noble families from Germany,Belgium, Austria etc. married always another nobles and the royals don't?
Maybe not a popular opinion but what i think:
reigning royal families are sure of their position and don't necessarily *need* a marriage to keep up the standard. Noble families, especially in countries were nobility doesn't really matter anymore, have much greater need to keep the name and fame as they are, and that is often established by marrying into an equal (or higher ranked) family
Old 05-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

It has a logical your opinion. I think and something else. Maybe manages to keep in closed cycle on the dating between them to zeroed which others chances. Maybe is excessive but is the view.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Maybe not a popular opinion but what i think:
reigning royal families are sure of their position and don't necessarily *need* a marriage to keep up the standard. Noble families, especially in countries were that doesn't really matter anymore, have much greater need to keep the name and fame as they are, and that is often established by marrying into an equal (or higher ranked) family
I agree with that observation but to my personal opinion also reigning royal families should remain connected to the grand dynasties which are all linked and very intertwined with regional, national and international histories through the centuries.

No any marriage, neither between 'commoners', between 'blue blood' or a mix of it guarantees succes. But for me someone as Lady Melissa Percy (daughter of the 12th Duke of Northumberland) as a partner for Prince William or Prince Harry speaks so much more than a Kate Middleton or Chelsey Davy. She brings history, greatness and a bit of Downton Abbey with her. It is the same as Lady Serena Stanhope (daughter of the 12th Earl of Harrington), Lady Diana Spencer (daughter of the 8th Earl Spencer), Marie-Christine von Reibnitz (daughter of a Baron von Reibnitz and a Countess Szapáry von Muraszombath, Széchysziget und Szapár). They bring something extra that a Chelsy Davy, Mike Tindall or Sophie Winkleman don't.

Exactly because the world of royalty and nobility is such an apart, exclusive world, I became intrigued. When they become just ordinary like you and me then the 'specialness' to follow them disappears quickly. When looking to a Laurentien Brinkhorst, a Daniel Westling or a Letizia Ortiz, I feel like watching actors playing a role. Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz and Stéphanie de Lannoy are often seen as "boring" but I like their style more. That is just a personal feeling.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My personal speculation is there more wills like that of the grandfather of Prince Gustav of Berleberg, who's last will and testament require marriages (if no specifically Aryan) to those of equal or higher rank to be able to inherit what ever's left in the family coffers. My gut tells me that the will was like others of that particular social set of the time.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
My personal speculation is there more wills like that of the grandfather of Prince Gustav of Berleberg, who's last will and testament require marriages (if no specifically Aryan) to those of equal or higher rank to be able to inherit what ever's left in the family coffers. My gut tells me that the will was like others of that particular social set of the time.
I don't think there is any Will needed. We need to take into account that the nobility and the patriciate ("old money") is a natural habitat where "us knows us". When we see that the brother of Queen Mathilde, Charles-Henri comte d'Udekem d'Acoz is with two other noble ladies (Pierre-Anne comtesse du Monceau de Bergendal and Laure comtesse de Riollet de Morteuil) associate of a law firm, than it says a lot. Despite years of study at various universities (Charles-Henri in Paris, Pierre-Anne in Madrid, Laure in Louvain) meeting all sorts of folks, they decide to join into a law firm... So we may assume, apart from speculations about Wills and Testaments, that they simply feel more comfortable in "their own milieu".

By the way, inheritances play no role in this branch of the d'Udekem d'Acoz family. Mathilde, Élizabeth, Hélène and Charles-Henri have established the Groupement Forestier de Losange. The Château de Losange, the forests and agricultural domains belonging to it, the family collections, the enterprises and assets, all have been placed into this special family foundation, to prevent a break-up and hefty succession taxes. This means eventual testaments only will affect smaller private ownerships and not at all the bulk of the fortune.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I don't think there is any Will needed. We need to take into account that the nobility and the patriciate ("old money") is a natural habitat where "us knows us". When we see that the brother of Queen Mathilde, Charles-Henri comte d'Udekem d'Acoz is with two other noble ladies (Pierre-Anne comtesse du Monceau de Bergendal and Laure comtesse de Riollet de Morteuil) associate of a law firm, than it says a lot. Despite years of study at various universities (Charles-Henri in Paris, Pierre-Anne in Madrid, Laure in Louvain) meeting all sorts of folks, they decide to join into a law firm... So we may assume, apart from speculations about Wills and Testaments, that they simply feel more comfortable in "their own milieu".

By the way, inheritances play no role in this branch of the d'Udekem d'Acoz family. Mathilde, Élizabeth, Hélène and Charles-Henri have established the Groupement Forestier de Losange. The Château de Losange, the forests and agricultural domains belonging to it, the family collections, the enterprises and assets, all have been placed into this special family foundation, to prevent a break-up and hefty succession taxes. This means eventual testaments only will affect smaller private ownerships and not at all the bulk of the fortune.
The inheritance of the Mathilde's family was not the question I answered.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The inheritance of the Mathilde's family was not the question I answered.
I understood you referred to similar settlements like the Berleburg Will, making that nobles require marrying nobles to keep the family fortune together? Or have I completely misunderstood your post with the reference to the Berleburg Will? In any way, this theory does not apply to the d'Udekem d'Acoz family since they have already safely parked all their assets, out of any inheritances. (In casu: Charles-Henri can safely marry the illegal immigrant cleaning lady on the estate, if he wants).
Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Irrelevant to all this the Chateau de Losanqe is very beautiful. And if understood correctly will inherit the Charles-Henri or have an interest and sisters?

Tags
crown princess mathilde, d'udekem d'acoz, family, mathilde's family, queen mathilde