Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - February 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the occasion of "World Wish Day" Queen Mathilde received ten children, who had appealed to Make A Wish to realize their dream, at the Royal Palace today, April 29. Make A Wish Belgium celebrates its 25 anniversary this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Such a good cause, thanks for the pics :flowers:

On the occasion of "World Wish Day" Queen Mathilde received ten children, who had appealed to Make A Wish to realize their dream, at the Royal Palace today, April 29. Make A Wish Belgium celebrates its 25 anniversary this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Now there's one tea party I'd love to help out at. Absolutely wonderful. The Queen obviously knows how to give a tea party, because that's the real deal, and those kids look like they are having the time of their lives. And Her Majesty is so good with them too.

Belgium's Queen Mathilde visits the exhibition Work/Travail/Arbeid by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker in collaboration with Rosas at the contemporary art center Wiels in Brussels on May 8, 2015.

Gettyimages.co.uk ** Belga pictures

Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima opened the sculpture exhibition Vormidable by Flemish artists in Den Haag today, May 20.

Pics and information can be found here.

Before attending the above mentioned event with Queen Máxima, Queen Mathilde yesterday visited the residence of the Belgian ambassador in Den Haag and met with Belgian artists who presented their art:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dpp gallery **

And today, May 21, Queen Mathilde attended the inauguration of the maternity and children's wing at the 'Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen' (UZA) hospital in Edegem.

** gva.be gallery: Mathilde opent moeder- en kindcentrum UZA ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

** demorgen.be gallery: Koningin Mathilde opent nieuw Moeder- en Kindcentrum in UZA **

Last edited:

Yesterday, June 5, Queen Mathilde had a meeting with UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova at the Royal Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Mathilde handed out the annual Francqui Prize in Brussels today June 9. The scientific prize went to Stefaan Vaes, a world reference in the research into the theory of quantum groups and operator algebra to solve complex mathematical problems.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

Queen Mathilde has written a statement for Child Focus, on the 20th anniversary of the abduction of eight-year-olds Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo:

"Twenty years ago there was a shockwave through the country. As a young woman, I was particularly struck by the fate of the kidnapped and murdered girls. The cries of the parents led to an unprecedented solidarity with the affected families. I am pleased that measures at a later stage were taken that benefit victims. But we must remain vigilant. Good cooperation between the government and citizens is essential, we want to win the battle against missing and exploited children and youth. The value of a society can be measured by the care and protection it offers its children. Let us all remain alert, because children are even today still regularly reported as disappeared or missing. This must not leave anyone indifferent."

Boodschap van Hare Majesteit de Koningin bij de herdenking van 20 jaar ontvoering van Julie en Melissa | Child Focus

Well I guess having a half-Italian husband helps, right? :p
I heard he speaks the language rather well.

Her Italian is very good (without the distinctive French accent she has when speaking English and Dutch).

Four languages (Italian, English, Dutch and French) in one single speech: I'm really impressed with Queen Mathilde !

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde attended the award ceremony of the Federal Poverty Reduction Prize to the OCMW-CPAS, public center for social welfare, in Brussels today, July 3rd:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
No offense- but a blessing of the sea?

I believe that it is meant as a way to keep the sailors safe.

Last edited:

Today, July 14, Queen Mathilde received a delegation of young adults of the organization Te Gek !? that organizes the 5th edition of the Tour de France on the theme "Youth and mental health". Te Gek!? works against the stigmatization of psychiatric patients.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **
The picture with HM holding the baby- if that's not precious I don't know what is. :wub: Love that she's not afraid of getting her clothes dirty.

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde was present at a ceremony marking the 20th anniversary of the Missing Persons Unit of the Federal Police in Brussels today, September 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom