The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On the occasion of "World Wish Day" Queen Mathilde received ten children, who had appealed to Make A Wish to realize their dream, at the Royal Palace today, April 29. Make A Wish Belgium celebrates its 25 anniversary this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Such a good cause, thanks for the pics

Old 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On the occasion of "World Wish Day" Queen Mathilde received ten children, who had appealed to Make A Wish to realize their dream, at the Royal Palace today, April 29. Make A Wish Belgium celebrates its 25 anniversary this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Now there's one tea party I'd love to help out at. Absolutely wonderful. The Queen obviously knows how to give a tea party, because that's the real deal, and those kids look like they are having the time of their lives. And Her Majesty is so good with them too.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Belgium's Queen Mathilde visits the exhibition Work/Travail/Arbeid by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker in collaboration with Rosas at the contemporary art center Wiels in Brussels on May 8, 2015.

Gettyimages.co.uk ** Belga pictures
Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics and a video of Queen Mathilde's latest event, the award ceremony of the Queen Mathilde Prize 2015 and the visit to the exhibition one day later:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **deredactie.be video **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima opened the sculpture exhibition Vormidable by Flemish artists in Den Haag today, May 20.

Pics and information can be found here.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Before attending the above mentioned event with Queen Máxima, Queen Mathilde yesterday visited the residence of the Belgian ambassador in Den Haag and met with Belgian artists who presented their art:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dpp gallery **

And today, May 21, Queen Mathilde attended the inauguration of the maternity and children's wing at the 'Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen' (UZA) hospital in Edegem.

** gva.be gallery: Mathilde opent moeder- en kindcentrum UZA ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

** demorgen.be gallery: Koningin Mathilde opent nieuw Moeder- en Kindcentrum in UZA **
Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde attended the presentation of business plans of the participants of the course 'Manager Training and Development' of YouthStart in Leuze-en-Hainaut today, June 2:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

** lavenir.net gallery: La reine Mathilde à l'athénée provincial de Leuze **
Old 06-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde attended the European Days for Development "Our world, our dignity, our future" in Brussels today, June 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 06-06-2015, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, June 5, Queen Mathilde had a meeting with UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova at the Royal Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde handed out the annual Francqui Prize in Brussels today June 9. The scientific prize went to Stefaan Vaes, a world reference in the research into the theory of quantum groups and operator algebra to solve complex mathematical problems.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde visited the EXPO 2015 in Milan, Italy, today, June 12, and attended the Belgian Day of the EXPO.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** hln.be video **

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery 1 ** belga gallery 2 **
Old 06-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Mathilde also visited the Italian pavilion with the Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.

Belgian Royal Palace ‏@MonarchieBe Au pavillon italien avec le Premier Ministre Renzi #EXPO2015 #Milano https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHTJupWWsAAB6p4.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHTJuyrXAAA1r3q.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHTJu55XAAAUQ50.jpg
Old 06-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here is the video of her speech:
La Reine Mathilde parle l'italien ! - Vidéo - RTL TVI

I believe this is the first time I hear her speaking Italian, and she does it rather well.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Here is the video of her speech:
La Reine Mathilde parle l'italien ! - Vidéo - RTL TVI

I believe this is the first time I hear her speaking Italian, and she does it rather well.
Well I guess having a half-Italian husband helps, right?
I heard he speaks the language rather well.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde participated in a round table meeting on various forms of bullying at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, June 16:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 06-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen Mathilde has written a statement for Child Focus, on the 20th anniversary of the abduction of eight-year-olds Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo:

Quote:
"Twenty years ago there was a shockwave through the country. As a young woman, I was particularly struck by the fate of the kidnapped and murdered girls. The cries of the parents led to an unprecedented solidarity with the affected families. I am pleased that measures at a later stage were taken that benefit victims. But we must remain vigilant. Good cooperation between the government and citizens is essential, we want to win the battle against missing and exploited children and youth. The value of a society can be measured by the care and protection it offers its children. Let us all remain alert, because children are even today still regularly reported as disappeared or missing. This must not leave anyone indifferent."
Boodschap van Hare Majesteit de Koningin bij de herdenking van 20 jaar ontvoering van Julie en Melissa | Child Focus
Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Well I guess having a half-Italian husband helps, right?
I heard he speaks the language rather well.
Her Italian is very good (without the distinctive French accent she has when speaking English and Dutch).

Four languages (Italian, English, Dutch and French) in one single speech: I'm really impressed with Queen Mathilde !
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde attended the award ceremony of the Federal Poverty Reduction Prize to the OCMW-CPAS, public center for social welfare, in Brussels today, July 3rd:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Queen Mathilde attended the 30.000th 'Last Post' ceremony at the Menenpoort in Ieper this evening, July 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga gallery **

Tags
belgian queen mathilde, queen mathilde