Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - February 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, February 14, Queen Mathilde had a round table meeting with SDG Voices at the Royal Palace.
SDG Voices are eight organisations who act as ambassadors to promote sustainability in Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:

Today, February 16, Queen Mathilde visited the Royal MoBi Technical Athenaeum in Ghent within the framework of the Harassment Week. Queen Mathilde learned about new teaching methods to counteract harassment and to increase the well-being at school.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** fb gallery **

I visited Laos in November, it's a lovely country. Luang Prabang was a highlight: great food, friendly people, and the interesting Royal Palace. I'm sure the Queen was far to professional to ask what really happened to King Sisavang Vatthana, and the other members of the Royal Family who have not been seen since their arrests in 1977. Anyway, that's all over now. Good work from the Queen and UNICEF.

Impeccable work for Queen Mathilde in this trip!

Thanks iceflower for all updates!!

Apparently the queen asked a doctor in her retinue to give first aid to the two drivers. Fortunately the two were just injured lightly.

On the occasion of the International Women's Day (tomorrow, March 8), Queen Mathilde met women from different sectors of the Province of Hainaut at the Provincial Palace of Mons today, March 7. The rights of women were among the main topics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Yesterday evening, March 8, Queen Mathilde handed out the Women Award in Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** fb gallery **

And today, March 9, she visited a tutoring project of the Queen Mathilde Fund's project "Each one teach one": Students of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Antwerp help pupils with learning difficulties.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gva.be article ** fb gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde attended a concert of the ''Young Belgian Strings'' orchestra in Brussels today, March 12:

** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde viewed the exhibition ''Marthe Wéry, works, research and documents in the BPS22's collections'' at the BPS22 Museum of Art of the Province of Hainaut in Charleroi today, March 21. Marthe Wéry was an Belgian artist (1930 - 2005).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** fb gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Today, May 12, Queen Mathilde as Honorary President of the King Baudouin Foundation delivered the keynote address at the closing session of the Spring of Philanthropy, an European conference, organized by the King Baudouin Foundation to promote philanthropy.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** Her speech in English **

Queen Mathilde hosted a round table meeting on the theme of caregivers at the Royal Palace today, May 23. Professionals, volunteers and researchers from various levels of the health care sector were invited:

** Pic **

:previous:
Thanks for the photos!

It is safe to say that Queen Mathilde was a gracious host. The First Ladies and the partner of the current Prime Minsiter of Luxembourg spent a pleasant evening viewing the castle gardens and partaking of delicious dishes.

On a different note, Mrs Trump (nouveau riche chic) and Madame Macron (over-baked mutton dressed as lamb) stood out from the other ladies and gentleman.

Last edited:
:previous: Those were my thoughts too.
Are the gardens of the castle open to the public or is Laeken a private residence? The greenhouses look amazing. I love botanical gardens and greenhouses.

For most of the year it's a private estate with no access to the public. But each year for some weeks in spring (this year from April 14 to May 5) people can visit the large garden and the greenhouses. I had the chance to be there two years ago and really enjoyed it. The garden is beautiful and there's a lot of work behind those large, wonderful greenhouses (as can be seen in the pics posted above). The castle though can't be visited, security guards make sure that you don't get closer to the entrance door than let's say 150-200 meters. I had already expected that, but saw that a lot of people were pretty disappointed ;)

Iceflower, the Palace of Laeken is private but the Royal Palace in Brussels in open (for free ) after the national Day (25/7 until September 9th) closed on Monday.

I know, thanks for adding that information, maria-olivia! When I was in Brussels two years ago, I made the plan to once come back in summer to also enjoy the summer opening of the Royal Palace in Brussels, I hope I'll make it one day..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom