Princess Mathilde's UNAIDS mission to Senegal; 4-7 Dec. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
The princess will participate from 4 until 7 december to a mission to Senigal on a high level with UNAIDS director Dr. Peter Piot and the director of the regiol UNAIDS council for west and central Afrika Mrs. Esther Guluma. The princess is present as special representative of UNICEF and UNAIDS for the problems around "childern and HIV/AIDS”. This mission has two part: on the one site the princess will participate to the ICASA conference in Dakar and she will do some "field" visits with special attention to vonurable childern.
shim.gif

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured during a visit to the ICASA Community Village, Friday 05 December 2008, in Dakar, Senegal. Princess Mathilde is on a four day official visit in Senegal within the framework of an International conference on Aids and others sexualy contagious infections in Africa. BELGA PHOTO BENOIT DOPPAGNE
BelgaPicture - Category details

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks beautiful as always! Thank you for the links, Stephanievl.

It is cruel that Mathilde won't be with her children on the 6th for St Nicolas !

Can you tell me a little about St Nicolas day?:flowers:

St Nicolas Day, or Sinterklaas day is basically christmas in the Netherlands, Flanders, and various other countries. The ledgend is that Sinterklaas comes from Spain on a steam ship in mid-November with his helper or "slave", "Black Pete". On Sinterklass ever (december 5) children put wooden shoes (or their normal shoes) either by their chimney, the window or the radiator, depending on their traditions, with a carot or a sugar cube in it for Sinterklass's horses. Black Pete comes into the houses and gives the children candy in their shoes.

The families give the presents, but the children are to think they are from Sinterklass. They hide them around the house with riddels and poems of where to find them, and watch as they try to find out where Black Pete had hidden their gifts.

this is a helpful sorce: http://www.expatica.com/nl/life_in/feature/sinterklaas-survival-guide--25830.html

And my birthday just so happens to fall on Sinterklaas Day!! :D

I am glad to see that the visit is going well. When speaking to others, she is always attentive and comfortable.

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured during the visit to the gardens of the Fann hospital, on Saturday 06 December 2008, in Dakar, Senegal. Princess Mathilde is on a four day official visit in Senegal within the framework of an International conference on Aids and others sexualy contagious infections in Africa. BELGA PHOTO BENOIT DOPPAGNE
BelgaPicture - Category details

Was this visit scheduled before they knew the wedding-date of MC? It´s a pity that Mathilde didn´t attend. But I´m also quite sure she might have stolen the bride´s show.....;)

I wonder, did she take a commercial flight? Or did she have a private plane? I know that they sometimes take private planes, but that does not seem to be the case here this time.

What an inspiration! shell make a fine Queen Consort!

She really seems to connect with people, young and old. You can tell from the photos that she genuinely cares about the work she is doing. This visit is not just a photo op for her. These photos have been wonderful to see.

did she go on an official invitation? it seems that the president's wife wasn't there to welcome her like princesse lalla salma?

I am glad to see that the visit is going well. When speaking to others, she is always attentive and comfortable.
Yes there is definitly something about mathilde, more than any other young female royal, she really looks as if she empathises. It could be her background of working with special needs children, or the recent loss of her father. I don't see any other CPss going to a third world country and being so attentative and empathetic. It could also be that being noble born she doesn't have the need to prove high class behaviour, because she is high class, born and bred, so she steps into her role much better.
P.S I am not criticizing the other Crown princesses, just voicing an observation and trying to break it down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom