Queen Mathilde's Family - d'Udekem d'Acoz

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elisabeth was born in 1977 and Alfonso in 1964, so the age difference between them is 13 years, just like between Mathilde and Philippe!

Emily said:
Does anyone on the board know about this man? his character? his interests (besides fishing:))? Has he had former girlfriends?

Probably not, there are so many nobles in Europe...I had never heard of him. And there's not much to find on the internt, apart from his job and that he apparently enjoys fishing grayling...

this is Countess Elizabeth that was Prince Emmanuel's Godmother, right?
very happy for her and her fiancee...
when will the wedding be?

can someone translate the announcement posted by Hannelore earlier?
thanks a lot..

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Nice to know, Alfonso Pallavincini is a descendant of Mary Stuart, William the Silent and the painter Rubens!

Some people have all the luck. ;)
Congrats to the couple! I think it's wonderful that Mathilde's sister is getting married. :)

Here are some photos of Elisabeth visting Emmanuel in hospital and at his baptism

(Getty, Photopress)

65204382ph.jpg

She looks like a nice girl -- I hope they will be very happy together. He does have quite a heritage! Wonder if he is artistic!?

Well Mathilde is way more beautiful than her sister and Phillippe is more handsome than Alfonso so I think that they are a match made in heaven; what's the thing between belgians and italians, I've heard a lot of marriages (royal and non-royal) amongst them:rolleyes:

let's hope we'll see little Elizabeth be the flower girl...or...maybe Gabriel be the page boy (but i think he's too small?!)

bigheadshirmp said:
let's hope we'll see little Elizabeth be the flower girl...or...maybe Gabriel be the page boy (but i think he's too small?!)

He may not be too small- he's 2 1/2 now and will probably be about three when they marry -- depending on when that is -- and I believe Elisabeth was a flower girl at Claire and Laurent's wedding and she was 2 1/2, I think. Plus, he seems to have such a sensitive little character, he'd probably do the job to perfection!

Emily said:
He may not be too small- he's 2 1/2 now and will probably be about three when they marry -- depending on when that is -- and I believe Elisabeth was a flower girl at Claire and Laurent's wedding and she was 2 1/2, I think. Plus, he seems to have such a sensitive little character, he'd probably do the job to perfection!

She was 1 1/2, too young to be a flower girl. But she was dressed like the flower girls.

Oh, OK -- sorry about the mistake.

Great find !! Yes, when you're in love you take up each other's hobbies :):)

I really hope there will be pix of the engagement

I think we'll see a few photos of the wedding but nothing of the engagement. They're private persons after all.

Which nationality ?

Is Alfonso an Italian, an Austrian or ...???:eek: :confused:

rominet09 said:
Is Alfonso an Italian, an Austrian or ...???:eek: :confused:

He's an italian marquis as stated on the previous page of this thread;)

here's more info on the Pallavincini's family palace and history (from the Benelux RMB)

"(...) [the palace] is leased to a firm that is in the banquet and reception business. Weddings, business receptions and commemorations are held there. Some in the family have apartments in the less opulent areas of the palace.
The Pallavicini appeared in Genoa in 1140 of unknown origin and are not related to the other family known as Pallavicino. There are many branches nowadays. The Roman princely line is very tenuously related as they obtained the name Pallavicini by royal decree after a bitter dispute with the other side of the Roman family, the Rospigliosi, for control of the the properties of the Pallavicini-Rospigliosi, chief among them the palazzo in the Quirinale with all its collections and treasures.
The Genose branches still own the magnificent palace in that city and there are others in Venice and Treviso. Affonso, who must be over 40, was born there.
Families of that antiquity and prestige are more proud of their permanence, service and traditions than they are of titles or styles."

the academic session in the senate for the 175th anniversary of the Belgian constitution.

Princess Mathilde's brother, count Charles-Henri and her father, count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz were also present. You can see them on the first row, completely at the right.

(senaat.be)

Do you know what the reason is that father and son are present? They aren't senators...

Neither are the other people you can see in the picture. maybe they "subscibed" to watch the ceremony as visitors?

Mathilde with her mother on 3 Dec. 1999, one day before her marriage. On their way to the cathedral for rehersals. (ANP)

Elisabeth and Alfonso

What a pity they haven't shown any picture of the engagement or the coupleI haven't seen any

They're private people... I think we will see some photos of the wedding, a magazine like Eventail will certainly have a photo report on it.

yes maybe in l'Eventail

Please, Cathérine, if you buy it regularly and if you see a pic in it, please tell me, I will buy it too ! I really like her and have done since the first time I saw her !

Catherine -- Thank you so much for that photo! Now I see where Mathilde gets those long slim legs from!

rominet09 said:
Please, Cathérine, if you buy it regularly and if you see a pic in it, please tell me, I will buy it too ! I really like her and have done since the first time I saw her !

I certainly will!

A few months ago Mathilde's youngest sister Hélène was one of the witnesses at the wedding of Isabel Pessanha de Quevedo and Cédric Misonne.

(point de vue)

1. Countess Hélène d'Udekem d'Acoz with Gauthier de Gerlache de Gomery
2 & 3. the married couple.

Back
Top Bottom