Princess Mathilde's 40th birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures are horrid IMHO. It seems the photographer used way too much photoshop and the lighting just seems odd.

The pictures are horrid IMHO. It seems the photographer used way too much photoshop and the lighting just seems odd.

I'm not mad about them and the lighting is odd,but in saying that the only one I do like is of the Duchess and her kids.

The one with the children is the best but they're all awful. Mathilde looks like she's standing with a cardboard cut out of Phillipe.

The lighting is a little too much in the pictures of her alone. I like the ones with Philippe and the one with her children.

Well, I might be the only one but I like the pics. Ok that it was used too much photoshop but not enough to make them look terrible, IMO. I would prefer them to look a bit more natural but I still like them

the photos are the same with those of letizia

The photoshopping on her nose is sooooooo very obvious. Especially in Pic #3. You can even see they changed the colour and took away some normal shading.

Crazy! Cant understand why PM would allow these to be published.....

I am still shocked as well.... 1-2 are simply horrible - this is not Mathilde this is a un-natural Photoshop "monster", especially this pseudo-sexy pic no 2.... !!!!

I like the one with the family most.

Bye Bine

The more I look at them the more I like them.
The one with the kids, with philippe and number 4 are my favorites.

I agree the photos are odd and the one with her children is HORRIBLE Elisabeth looks very strange I like the one with her and hubby but really they are disappointin to say the least.

On the occasion of Crown Princess Mathilde's 40th birthday next Sunday, January 20, six nice new portraits have been released today

- the one with the children is my favourite one :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Mathilde and Philippe ** Mathilde and the kids **

** standaard.be: 40-jarige prinses Mathilde poseert met prins Filip en gezin **

I agree with most posters, the pictures could have been better. I like the one with the kids and the one with Philippe. The first two are awful, the others are ok.
But apart from the one with the kids they are all very unnatural, which is not doing her any justice because she is one of the most natural princesses there is.
And way too much photoshopping going on.

#3 is ok, the one with Philippe is also ok; like the one with the children.

But who is the woman in the other pictures??

Eeep, they are photoshopped. I hate that about a lot of professional photoshoots. Having said that, the images are nice but if they had not been so "altered" they may have looked nicer. The image of Mathilde with her children are lovely. I am surprised she is only 40. I do mean she looks older than that, but Philippe is quite a bit older than her is he not?

Also, just noticed Mathilde has the same birthday as Sophie Wessex. Obviously Sophie is older though.

I wish the Crown Princess all the very best for her birthday. I hope she has a lovely party and we get to see royal guests arriving, unlike Prince Philipes 40th in 2010.

I hope the Crown Princess has a wonderful birthday. She does not look remotely close to 40 years old. She looks fabulous....however the pics don't do her justice...She looks beautiful and serene, but the pictures look artificial. The picture with Prince Philippe is nice, except that it does look like a cardboard cut out of him that she was photoshopped next to.
The one with the kids is cute, except the kids all look photoshopped into a picture with Mathilde...AND if you look at the landscape in the background, there is not a leaf to be seen, yet the 5 of them are sitting in a pile of leaves...looks funny.

Hopefully Crown Princess Mathilde will have a lovely celebration of the upcoming birthday with friends and family.
As for official photos, I have to agree with Marengo's opinion.The best photo is the one where she posed with her children. The white and black ensembles are unflattering.

Last edited:
AND if you look at the landscape in the background, there is not a leaf to be seen, yet the 5 of them are sitting in a pile of leaves...looks funny.

That's funny. I haven't noticed yet. Clearly they wanted an autumn pic but nature was not helping, so they did a little trick

Light effects is probably not the only thing the "artist" used, I think this smells of photoshop :whistling: I don't understand why, though. Mathilde is gorgeous without all that. The one with the kids is lovely (or, it's the least bad of them).

Mathilde is a gorgeous woman, I really liked the black blouse portrait but it would have been better without all that "saint" lightning.

The picture with the children is also great, I think she should have taken one with Philippe like that.

She looked very beautiful in the photos. I especially like the one with the children, they look so natural.

I don´t see the big deal with Photoshop, I haven´t see any oficial picture of any current CP in recent years that isn´t photoshopped :whistling:
Some works are better than others, but seeing the evidence is easy, as easy as comparing photos :D

Those photos have to be among the worst photoshopped images I have ever seen. Mathilde is an attractive woman but in these she looks like a wax doll. Just awful.

My first thought? How could the photographer dare to photoshop P. Mathilde? She's so beautiful that she doesn't need any trick to make her look younger or more attractive...
And then: poor little P. Elisabeth, this photoshoot is a complete disaster!!!

Back
Top Bottom