Princess Mathilde's 40th birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do like the one where she is with the children. She looks more relaxed.

Are any festivities planned?

Nothing has been announced AFAIK. And I am sure that any party will be very private, esp. since all the hoopla around Queen Fabiola the Belgian RF needs to lay low.

My first thought? How could the photographer dare to photoshop P. Mathilde? She's so beautiful that she doesn't need any trick to make her look younger or more attractive...
And then: poor little P. Elisabeth, this photoshoot is a complete disaster!!!

:previous: couldn't agree more

Nothing has been announced AFAIK. And I am sure that any party will be very private, esp. since all the hoopla around Queen Fabiola the Belgian RF needs to lay low.
It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Mathilde will not have celebrations like Crown Princess Maxima did. It would have been a wonderful occasion for a royal gathering.

It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Mathilde will not have celebrations like Crown Princess Maxima did. It would have been a wonderful occasion for a royal gathering.

There probabbly will be a party which will be attended by the other royal families but it will be private as it also was for prince Philippe's 50 birthday some years ago. We only saw a small video of the royal guest leaving the hotel before going to the party.

Congratulations noble and elegance Princess Mathilde.

as everyone has said the best picture of the 40th birthday photo session is the family one of the kids and Mathide. The rest are so bad far too much weird lighting and photoshopping

Mathide is such and elegant princess and veyr regal i wish this birthday celebration we had got pictures that showed her off to be the serene princess that she is

The photo of the Princess featured on the stamp is so much more natural than the official photos released (my humble opinion anyway:)). She looks stunning on the photo on the stamp.

the photo of Mathilde with the stamp proves the rest where photoshopped, even zoomed all the way in the first set show no wrinkles or lines at ALL , which is completely unnatural, zoom in on the stamp pic and you can see perfectly normal laughter lines etc. I think the first set of photos are nice to look at but don't show of any of Mathilde's personality or qualities at all

the mathide's photo with the kids is perfect! I think after kate matilde is the most beautiful princess.

Seems I'm the only one who loves the pictures *runs and ducks for cover*.

She looks lovely, elegant, graceful. I think the pictures are great!

I agree, whether or not the pictures are photoshopped they're beautiful and she's an absolutely stunning woman. I had always thought so about Mathilde.

Last edited:
Yesterday I saw on Dutch TV how the pictures were photoshopped as written before by Tommy 100. No wrinkles imperfections hidden . She looks 30 and not 40 and this pictures reminds Grace 's glamour
Ladies of 40 will complain that they look older than the Princess.
I agree with Baroness of Books she is a wonderful woman.

Back
Top Bottom