The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Light effects is probably not the only thing the "artist" used, I think this smells of photoshop I don't understand why, though. Mathilde is gorgeous without all that. The one with the kids is lovely (or, it's the least bad of them).

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Nobility

Mathilde is a gorgeous woman, I really liked the black blouse portrait but it would have been better without all that "saint" lightning.

The picture with the children is also great, I think she should have taken one with Philippe like that.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looked very beautiful in the photos. I especially like the one with the children, they look so natural.

I don´t see the big deal with Photoshop, I haven´t see any oficial picture of any current CP in recent years that isn´t photoshopped
Some works are better than others, but seeing the evidence is easy, as easy as comparing photos

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But who is the woman in the other pictures??
Arja Saijonma: Resultat av Googles bildsökning efter http://www.piratforlaget.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Arja-Saijonmaa.jpg
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Meraude -

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

I loved the photo of Princess Mathilde and children.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those photos have to be among the worst photoshopped images I have ever seen. Mathilde is an attractive woman but in these she looks like a wax doll. Just awful.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are any festivities planned?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Palace of Belgium releases new pictures to mark 40th birthday of Princess Mathilde of Belgium - helloonline.com
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Nobility

My first thought? How could the photographer dare to photoshop P. Mathilde? She's so beautiful that she doesn't need any trick to make her look younger or more attractive...
And then: poor little P. Elisabeth, this photoshoot is a complete disaster!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Commoner

I do like the one where she is with the children. She looks more relaxed.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are any festivities planned?
Nothing has been announced AFAIK. And I am sure that any party will be very private, esp. since all the hoopla around Queen Fabiola the Belgian RF needs to lay low.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
My first thought? How could the photographer dare to photoshop P. Mathilde? She's so beautiful that she doesn't need any trick to make her look younger or more attractive...
And then: poor little P. Elisabeth, this photoshoot is a complete disaster!!!
couldn't agree more

Queen Mathilde
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Nothing has been announced AFAIK. And I am sure that any party will be very private, esp. since all the hoopla around Queen Fabiola the Belgian RF needs to lay low.
It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Mathilde will not have celebrations like Crown Princess Maxima did. It would have been a wonderful occasion for a royal gathering.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is unfortunate that Crown Princess Mathilde will not have celebrations like Crown Princess Maxima did. It would have been a wonderful occasion for a royal gathering.
There probabbly will be a party which will be attended by the other royal families but it will be private as it also was for prince Philippe's 50 birthday some years ago. We only saw a small video of the royal guest leaving the hotel before going to the party.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations noble and elegance Princess Mathilde.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

as everyone has said the best picture of the 40th birthday photo session is the family one of the kids and Mathide. The rest are so bad far too much weird lighting and photoshopping

Mathide is such and elegant princess and veyr regal i wish this birthday celebration we had got pictures that showed her off to be the serene princess that she is

Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Mathilde has made a visit to the stamp printing factory of Mechelen today, January 17, to unveil her birthday stamp:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages/photonews gallery **

** deredactie.be video: Prinses Mathilde: "Dat is goed voor druk, nee?" **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery: Postzegel voor 40-jarige prinses Mathilde **

** standaard.be video: Prinses Mathilde op postzegel **

** pp gallery: Mathilde de Belgique : La princesse superbe pour révéler le timbre de ses 40 ans **
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

The photo of the Princess featured on the stamp is so much more natural than the official photos released (my humble opinion anyway). She looks stunning on the photo on the stamp.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Courtier

I've discovered several high resolution photos marking Crown Princess Mathilde's 40th birthday :
http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...hilde_PN04.jpg; http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...ilde_PA03a.jpg; http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...ilde_PPF03.jpg; http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...hilde_PP04.jpg; http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-ro...872412-002.jpg (next to her stamp)

Tags
birthday celebration, duchess of brabant, princess mathilde