The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that everything will be good during delvering with both.

Why not due on 20 April? My name-day

Old 04-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she has a easy time and a healthy baby. I also hope she has the baby on the 15th, it is my grandson's birthday.
I would love to see another Princess in the family.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Courtier

does any body know at what time is the C section?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
does any body know at what time is the C section?
We don't know if there is going to be a c section and whether the baby is to be born today. Mathilde said she was due today, but if they have chosen a natural birth, there is no way of knowing when the baby will be born! So I guess we need to be patient
Old 04-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
We don't know if there is going to be a c section and whether the baby is to be born today. Mathilde said she was due today, but if they have chosen a natural birth, there is no way of knowing when the baby will be born! So I guess we need to be patient
Would be a lovely birthday gift for daddy too if the baby decides to arrive today,as he celebrates his 48th.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Good heavens. She must be ready to explode by this point!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Nobility

I thought that they would have induced labor by now since her due date was today, but some doctors like to wait and see if it will happen naturally
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Courtier

No, the due date is a guess date, it can be earlier or later, but normally they don't necessarily induce if it is only like one or two days later.
With my mother they waited two weeks (I think this is the most they wait) after the due date until they induced.
But one or two or three days later, no problem, just like one or two or three days earlier.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Courtier

For a natural birth you have a birth-period of three weeks before due date up to two/two and a half weeks after due date.
Since this is baby nr.4 and it is supposed to be a natural birth you can assume that this birth will take place somewhere between March 26th and May 3rd. This period is perfectly OK for a birth a terme.
After May 3rd there will be an induced birth.
Source: the organization of Midwives
Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
There's a full moon next Sunday.. so if she doesn't have a scheduled C-section tomorrow, wait until the end of the week!
There is no scientific evidence for your thesis.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
There's a full moon next Sunday.. so if she doesn't have a scheduled C-section tomorrow, wait until the end of the week!
There is no scientific evidence for your thesis.
I know...but my best friend is a midwife and said the same thing.
Anyway, let just hope for an healthy baby...no matter when she/he comes...
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we all get a little bit crazy about the birth of the child. IMO Mathilde has been the reason for it. She has said that the birth is expected on today. I don't think that one other royal date of birth (with exception of HIH Prince Hisahito of Japan) was made so clear to the public. Or am I wrong?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Courtier

When Mette-Marit was pregnant with Sverre Magnus the birth was they had first said she was due at the beginning of December, then they changed it to the end of November....Finally he was born the 3rd of December. At the time there was even a thread "Mette-Marit is STILL pregnant". Now the threads are merged, but just look at craziness the end of this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-5773-25.html
So much waiting!! Mathilde's pregnancy's end is harmless against this!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

The baby will come when it is ready but that doesn't make the waiting any easier. I'm sure Crown Princess Mathilde is ready to get the baby out! She must be very uncomfortable
Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Nobility

I think that will be really cute if she had the baby today on Phillippe's b-DAY! What would be even greater?? If she (Mathilda) and her sister Elisabeth had their babies on the same day. It sometimes in the news about sisters having their children on the exact same day, sometimes occouring within hours of each other. Wouldnt you just laugh if Mathilda, Elisabeth and Delphine Boel all had their children on the same daycool huh?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
I know...but my best friend is a midwife and said the same thing.
Anyway, let just hope for an healthy baby...no matter when she/he comes...
The midwives here (my daughter is a midwife) say it is an old midwife's tale.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Crown Princess Mathilde had a baby girl this morning, April 15, 2008. The baby's name is Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie. For more news and information, please see the new thread about the birth, A baby girl is born- Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie. Now that the princess is born, this thread is closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, mathilde, phillipe, pregnancy, princess mathilde