Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel & Princess Eléonore: News & Events, Oct. 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
800px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Royal_House_of_Belgium.svg.png

Welcome to the 4th news and pictures thread of Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore of Belgium.

Please post current news and events of Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore in this thread.

The previous thread can be found here.

News and events for Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, can be posted here.

While posting, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Really happy to start this thread, they were so nice to see yesterday. Very beautiful children especially my favourite (though he cannot be called a child any longer) the handsome Gabriel !

Really happy to start this thread, they were so nice to see yesterday. Very beautiful children especially my favourite (though he cannot be called a child any longer) the handsome Gabriel !

You share my thoughts about Gabriël, he really *has* something. Always has. I always look for him whenever I see the "children" (that sounds a bit weird, now) together.

Happy birthday to her, she looks so much like Mathilde.

Princess Eleonore is going to be a beauty.;)

:previous: Aw, such a lovely gesture from Eleonore! It seems that Philippe and Mathilde have raised their children to be caring and considerate individuals which is wonderful to see.

All the Belgian Royal Children had telephone conversations with residents of residential care centers and service flats from all over the country. Since the coronavirus broke out, more than 300 conversations have taken place to help isolated elderly people

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAUqjTGnlPX/

I think the kids all look relaxed and happy to be 'doing' something to help.

Beautiful kids...they are the Belgian monarchy's best asset!?

This is a really great initiative. Philippe and Mathilde have raised their children to be caring and considerate towards those less fortunate than themselves and they look genuinely pleased to be ringing the residents of the carehome - I agree that they seem relaxed as if they've done this a lot before.

On the 1st of September Eléonore will start her secondary school at the Heilig Hart college in Wezembeek-Oppem.
As she no longer has siblings at Sint Jan Berchmans and lives more than 6km from the school, she didn’t meet the requirements to start her secondary school there.

This was apparently also the reason why Laetitia Maria left Sint Jan Berchmans.
It’s the first time in more than 25 years the school will have no royal students.

Emmanuel will also switch schools. He reached the maximum age at his school in Kessel-Lo and will join his brother Gabriël at the International School of Brussels. This school also has attention for students with learning challenges.

With Elisabeth starting at the Military school 3 out of Philippe and Mathilde’s 4 children change schools this year.

How nice that both parents accompanied Eleonore to her new school!
Would other parents also accompany their children to secondary school? In the Netherlands your classmates would look really weird if your parents would join you... You should be old enough to go by yourself (which included our princesses) when transitioning from primary school (although most would attend that without parental support as well) to secondary school.

And it's clear the new school isn't as used to royalty as the former with people taking pictures of Eleonore and her parents when she arrives and they are formally greeted (something that is normal for the Belgian royal family (as we see that each year) but stresses that Eleonore is different).

Last edited:
Nice to be able to go to school. Children and teens need their friends,not just family. Schools are open all over Europa, not in the US,they should be starting back on Thursday it is not just hard on the kids but also the parents. Q Mathilde looks lovely in that pantsuit and matching mask.

I don't see any thing strange about the Princess being accompanied on her 1st back at school after such a lengthy break by her parents .

Its wonderful to see some glimpses of normality coming back.

Eleonore reminds me a lot of Elisabeth at that age! It also seems like she'll be very tall.

I hope she enjoyed her first day at her new school - which is always daunting, but in the current climate even more so!

It's Prince Emmanuel's 15th birthday today, October 4.

The Palace has thanked all well-wishers:

** Post **

Happy 15th Birthday to a handsome young man. A young version of his father king Philippe.

Lovely to see the family with Elisabeth at the military academy's ceremony - Philippe and Mathilde are very proud parents! Wow, Gabriel has had a sudden growth spurt and looks a lot older now too - he looks older than Elisabeth IMO.

He just turned 17 in August. A good future match for the Princess of Asturias who will turn 15 in two weeks or so (i.e. they are a little over two years apart in age and both from Catholic royal families).

He just turned 17 in August. A good future match for the Princess of Asturias who will turn 15 in two weeks or so (i.e. they are a little over two years apart in age and both from Catholic royal families).

In age and religious background perhaps, but I would hope that Gabriël will find a good future match in a girl who fits him character-wise. I don't know whether The Princess of Asturias would "qualify".

Back on topic: Elisabeth has gravitas. King Philippe is almost weeping with pride.

In age and religious background perhaps, but I would hope that Gabriël will find a good future match in a girl who fits him character-wise. I don't know whether The Princess of Asturias would "qualify".

It was a hypothetical comment. I don't see it as a realistic outcome.

In any case, just for the sake of argument, Felipe VI was the first king of Spain who did not marry another royal. It is unclear whether his marriage to Letizia sets a precedent for the future or not, but a dynastic marriage for Leonor is still a possibility and, among the potential candidates, Gabriel of Belgium would be one of the best matches.

Besides, Gabriel will be the most senior agnate in the Belgian Coburg dynasty when his father passes away, but nonetheless will not inherit the throne of the Belgians due to the introduction of equal primogeniture. Becoming the consort of the future Queen of Spain and having his descendants sit on the Spanish throne would be fair for him as compensation and would also provide Spain with a proper new Bourbon-Saxe-Coburg dynasty to replace the current Bourbon-Anjou house after Leonor. It is really a win-win situation for the two royal houses.

Last edited:
It is really a win-win situation for the two royal houses.

Unless they're ill-suited like Leonor's grandparents, she wants to marry Emmanuel instead, or Gabriel decides "consort of the rockiest throne in Europe" is poor compensation.

Back
Top Bottom