The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Commoner

Princess Mathide is getting more and more elegant everytime I see her pictures.So much grace and poise and her dress sense is getting better and better but I believe she is beautiful inside too in order to radiate so much serenity and compassion.She is one princess I had grown very fond of.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Courtier

Finally some pictures from Kazak
Arrival and visiting the Mosque and the Cathedral

Taking some pictures to show Mathilde what she is missing

Old 06-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

from Belgapic

June 29, 2006

KAZAN, TATARSTAN: Belgium's Prince Philippe attends a meeting between Belgian and Tatarstan businessmen in the Kazan Fair Center in Tatarstan, Thursday 29 June 2006.

ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIA: Belgium's Prince Philippe drinks a glass of beer at the ending cocktail of the trading mission with the Belgian Royals in Russia, Thursday 29 June 2006 in St-Petersburg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p4545084.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	252711   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4545085.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	252712   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4545086.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	252713   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4545087.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	252714  

Old 06-30-2006, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Meeting with the President

beer o'clock
Old 07-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

20060630 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA
Prince Philippe of Belgium (L) shakes hands with Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) prior to a bilateral meeting, Friday 30 June 2006, in Moscow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p4550157.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	252867   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4550161.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	252868   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4550297.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	252869   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4550300.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	252870  

Name:	p4550337.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	252871   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4550340.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	252872  
Old 07-02-2006, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

several more of Philippe & Mathilde at the Red Square (from wireimage)

Old 07-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

An interview with Filip from "Het Laatste Nieuws", 1-2 July 2006.

"I'm very proud of what Mathilde does for me"

MOSCOW- "I'm here to see happy people", says prince Filip on the last night of the trade mission to Russia, and it looks like he succeeded in what he set out to do. The businessmen are enthusiastic -"The prince was prepared a lot better than in South-Africa"- and the press is glad as well that the princely silence has been broken. Still Filip would rather not hear talks about a 'new wind'. "This is an old, powerful palace wind, 8 Beaufort"

There were some complaints on your previous mission, to South Africa. People blamed you for not being intrested. Do you think the criticism was just?
"It's up to you to decide about that. The businessmen that I have spoken with, seemed very satisfied anyway."

Here in Russia it seemed for a moment as though you didn't want to talk to us anymore?
"The first days I had various short conversations with members of the press. But when we heard about the tragic news from Belgium (that Stacy and Nathalie had been found murdered), we thought it would be better to stay silent. The princess and I reacted in the first place as parents. We're here for the people in the first place, not to focus the attention on ourselves. When something happens, people really need support."

Talking about parenthood: princess Mathilde flew home a day earlier to be present for princess Elisabeth's last day of school. Didn't you feel sorry you couldn't be here as well?
"I can't just fly back before the program is finished. The most important is that one of us was present at the closure of the schoolyear. It's important for a child: the last day is just as important as the first."

How important is the presence of princess Mathilde at a mission like this one?
"I'm very glad when she's there so we can divide the tasks. The princess has specific talents and inerests, and starting from those points also works in other fields. At missions like this one it's my choice to enhance the image of our country, and when Mathilde comes along she helps me with it. I'm very proud of her, and of all the things she does for me. I know I can trust her a 100%."

You and the princess usually have a separate agenda. Do you talk at night about what you each saw and did during the day?
"When we have the time, yes. But you know our program: it's very busy. Sometimes we get the chance to talk about it in the car, when we're on our way to a next visit. And otherwise afterwards, when the mission is over."

How do you look back on this trip to Russia, and what's your impression of the coutry?
"I think Russia is a very intresting country. I know it well, and I'm very charmed by it. I'm convinced that this time as well we managed to make useful contacts and book results. I think we've made anther step foward in placing belgium on the map, and that's what matters. I'm very satisfied."

What were the highlights for you on this mission?
"I think the mission was a big success in the whole. The meeting with the mayor of Moscow has given us a lot of results, and also the way we were received in Kazan has impressed me. Of course we shoudn't forget the talks with gass supplier Gasprom. And I also expect a lot of the meeting with president Putin tomorrow."

Going back to the Belgian news: are you worried about the ongoing violence in our society?
(chooses his words carefully)" In the first place we feel very much for he victims as individuals. We don't want to jump to conclusion too quickly. Of course violence is aways negative. An ideal world is a society where people can be happy. I do my best to get us going on that way by placing Belgium on the map and contributng to the employment."

Thank you for this interview. May we hope that we will get the same chances at the next mission?
"Who knows. Or we might just do something alltogether different." (laughs)

HILDE SABBE
Old 07-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the translation Hannelore. Finally a good explanation why Mathilde went back earlier. They are wonderful team and this mission really went smooth. Who would have thought ten years ago, that Philippe can be such a perfect and open hearted husband?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha-louise
At http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm maandag 26/6/06 19 u you can see a part of the interview the prince and the princess gave before they left. It will start at 18.00 min. (It's followed by the birthdayparty of the queen of England.)

Also on 27/06/06 19u at about 20.40 there is a smal video. At the end the reporter told that although Philip and Mathilde won't see eachother much during this mission, the prince brought some flowers. You can see the nice gesture of Mathilde after she received them.
My computer sucks, and it's not working as it should (one of these days I'm throwing it out the window), so I haven't been able to see the nice gesture Mathilde made after receiving the flowers. Could anyone please tell me what it was?Also thank you to everyone, who has posted pictures and everything else.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wonder if any poster could tell me what the press made of this visit? There was some critisism about Filips last economic mission, which caused the prince and his advisors to look for a way which would be more effective in the future. Did the serious press comment on it at all? Or do they just ignore positive news about their royals (the flemish press can be rather cynical and unfair towards them).
Old 07-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

While the francophone press was always positice towards Philippe, the Flemish journalists were very harsh in their criticsim, which was undeserved IMO. But this time everybody seemed very pleased. All the Flemish newspapers, serious ones and tabloids, praised the changes (more openness).
Old 07-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

extensive video of the mission to Moscow:

http://www.vtm.be/tv/index_programma...multimedia.htm

"Bekijk deel 1"
Old 07-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

portrait from point de vue

Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

from unicef.org

Princess Mathilde of Belgium visits a rehabilitation center for children in Moscow

by John Varoli
``Is the princess here yet? Is the princess here yet?'' shouted Kostya excitedly as he bounced down the stairs of Kvartal, a substance abuse centre for children in Moscow.

``Tell me when her carriage pulls up,'' Kostya continued. ``I don't want to miss it.''

In a country where substance abuse is rampant, Kvartal provides hope to Kostya, and hundreds of other children. Opened in 2003 by the Moscow NGO, No to Alcohol and Narcotics, with the support of UNICEF, Kvartal treats up to 25 children at a time.

Today is a very special day, however. All morning long, the children and staff have been buzzing about in anticipation of HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium. What child doesn't dream about meeting a real princess?

A few minutes later, the word goes out. Princess Mathilde has arrived. Though she's left her carriage at home, the children and staff are delighted to welcome such an eminent guest.

The three-floor centre has everything a child's heart could possible desire --- computer classes, a library, gym, photo studio, and art classes. Princess Mathilde, a trained psychologist with a strong interest in children's issues, goes first to the art therapy room.

After taking a seat at the table with four rather nervous children, her soft tone and caring manner quickly wins their confidence and trust.

``Ah, my favorite color is red,'' Princess Mathilde remarks after seeing red in some of their drawings.

The conversation quickly becomes lively, especially when Kostya discusses his drawings.

There are other parts of the centre to see, however, and Princess Mathilde must go. Kostya understands, and remarks that her life must be ``difficult'' because, ``a princess has to bear a whole country on her shoulders. We don't have it so hard as she does.''

After she leaves the room, Kostya gets an idea, and begins work with paints and paper. About 15 minutes later, it's done and he runs off to catch up with Princess Mathilde.

``I just want to thank you for coming here today,'' said Kostya, catching up and handing her his work of art. The drawing features a red heart with his name written across in Cyrillic letters.

Deeply touched, Princess Mathilde stops and smiles at the delighted boy. Probably more than anything today, this simple act of caring and warmth exemplifies Kvartal's success.

``Your work creates a foundation for these children's future,'' said Princess Mathilde at the end of her visit, addressing Kvartal's staff in French. ``But most of all, I've been struck by the children's own desire to solve their problems.''
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC0272.gif
Views:	70
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	254198  
Old 07-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mathilde of Belgium attends a reception for the Belgian delegation and their Russian hosts at the Metropole Hotel in Moscow.

from Jock Fistick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	r1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	257838   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	257839   Click image for larger version

Name:	r3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	257840  
Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Red square and Kremlin (photoshot)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B95_095317_0007.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	254299   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0009.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	254300   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0011.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	254301   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0013.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	254302  

Name:	B95_095317_0014.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	254303   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0015.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	254304   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0016.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	254305   Click image for larger version

Name:	B95_095317_0017.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	254306  

Old 07-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Purple Platinum,
thank you for the pics without water marks.
Mathilde's pale yellow dress - is SO ELEGANT! She is indeed one of the most stylish princess.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

More pictures by Jock Fistick

HRH Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde (L) meet with vice prime minister of the Russian Federation Alexander Zhukov and his wife Ekatarina Zhukova (R) at the Friendship House of Moskow
06/27/2006

Princess Mathilde of Belgium walks from the European Institute in Moscow, the the National Hotel to take part in a reception sponsored by InBev, following the InBev - InBev - Baillet Latour Seminar.
06/27/2006

Prince Philippe of Belgium is greeted by Rustam Nurgaliyevich Minnikhanov , Prime Minister of Tatarstan,(right) at the airport.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

from Royals, thanks to Chris.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

wonderful pictures!

Thanks for all that info!

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, economic mission, mathilde, official visit, phillipe, russia