Philippe And Mathilde's Joyeuses Entrées

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a true fan of the Prince of Asrurias but in my mind ( a little beat obsess....) I have a special place for that couple. They represent for me the subtil balance between the strengh and the shyness, the empatethy and the reserve, a kind of refiment and the discretion. I have to suppose that they are abble to be very good in theirs fonctions.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
The third visit was to the province of Brabant Wallon, on the 28th of October 1999.

This is the French-speaking part of Brabant.

Philippe and Mathilde carry the title of 'duke and duchess of Brabant'.

They visited Wavre, Louvain-la-Neuve (where Mathilde was studying psychology at the university) and Nivelles.

Photos: APL, le soir illustré, royals.

The next joyeuse entrée was to the Flemish part of Brabant. They first visited the capital Leuven and its university. Mathilde wore a gorgeous outfit by Olivier Strelli. The necklace also looked very nice on her IMO.

APL
kampenhout.be

Then they visted the city Tienen and its sugar factory. If you take a close look at Mathilde's booket you'll see little lumps of sugar are mixed in it :)

Then they put on their wellies to visit the nature reserve of the town Kampenhout.

Philippe & Mathilde were asked to help some children put hay on a stack. When they were doing so, one of the journalists said to the prince "Be carefull monseigneur, we're not far away" to which he replied "I could well set a few things straight now" :)

Lots of lovely photos and they are all of Mathilde greeting, waving to people. Hardly ever see her focusing on the cameras. She is an elegant lady.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
One month after this visit, the couple got married in Brussels. Then they went on honeymoon and when they were back in Belgium, they continued their Joyeuses Entrées.

On the 18th of January 2000, they visited the province of Liège.

They went to the capital (also called Liège), to Verviers, Fraiture and Sankt-Vith.

photos from APL

Joyeuses Entrées was this something created for them or is it a tradition in belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom