Philippe & Mathilde on economic mission to Mexico and Panama, 21 to 27 March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLeana

Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
-
Country
Belgium
The Palace annoucned Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde will lead an economic mission to Mexico an Panama from 21 to 27 March 2009. This mission is organized by the Department of Foreign Trade in collaboration with the regional export-promoting agencies of Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels.
The Princess will participate in only a part of the mission, mainly in activities which serve to advance and improve the image of Belgium.

21/03/2009
Prins Filip, Prinses Mathilde

Economische zending naar Mexico en Panama

Prins Filip zit van 21 tot 27 maart een economische zending naar Mexico en Panama voor. Deze zending wordt georganiseerd door het Agentschap voor Buitenlandse Handel in nauwe samenwerking met de gewestelijke exportbevorderende diensten (Flanders Investment & Trade, Awex en Brussels Export).
Dhr Vincent Van Quickenborne, Minister voor Ondernemen en Vereenvoudigen, zal de Prins als federaal regeringslid begeleiden.
Prinses Mathilde neemt deel aan het gedeelte van de zending in Mexico, voornamelijk aan evenementen in het kader van het bevorderen van het Belgisch imago.

21/03/2009
Le Prince Philippe, La Princesse Mathilde

Mission économique au Mexique et au Panama

Le Prince Philippe préside du 21 au 27 mars mission économique au Mexique et au Panama. La mission est organisée par l’Agence pour le Commerce extérieur en étroite collaboration avec les services régionaux du commerce extérieur (Awex, Flanders Investment & Trade, et Bruxelles Export).
M. Vincent Van Quickenborne, Ministre pour l’Economie et la Simplification administrative, accompagne le Prince comme membre du gouvernement fédéral.
La Princesse Mathilde participe à la partie de la mission au Mexique et assiste essentiellement aux événements organisés dans le cadre de la promotion de l'image de la Belgique.

source: monarchie.be

Mexico has welcome the second Crown Princely couple. This will provide new business opportunities for the country with a great potential and hard-working people.

Mexico is an interesting country. It has beautiful places. Its weather is so marvelous.

She is wearing a very floaty dress.
It is beautiful but I don't think that it suits Mathilde.
x

Very nice and neat outfit with lovely shoes. She does us proud, we Belgians !

Posing in front of the poor Empress Charlotte's portrait at Chapultepec Castle:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Eric Lalmand.

I completely forgot about that Belgian-Mexican connection. But that is indeed an interesting sidenote (and a tragic history). A lovely portrait of the empress btw.

She looks great, I don't like the first dress on her, but she looks wonderful the second day !

Sigh* While I like President Calderon his wife... look at her standing next to gorgeous Mathilde, poor fitting out fit, she didnt even bothers to blow dry her hair... those shoes. Half of the time she looks like the president's body guard not his wife. She is just a walking mess... I dont know why someone hasnt told this woman "HEY WAKE UP, you represent your country lady!"

Now that I'm done ranting about the first lady...

Con fuerza y determinación, el Presidente Calderón lidera el combate a las drogas: Príncipe Philippe an article on the speech given by Phillippe, he praised Calderon's fight against drugs

A small Photogallery Con fuerza y determinación, el Presidente Calderón lidera el combate a las drogas: Príncipe Philippe

mexico is getting so many visits lately! the french presidential couple, the norwegian and shortly after the belgian crown princely couples. i think i'm also missing someone else in the middle! what a coordination. i wonder why there's such an interest on mexico at the moment by all the norwegian countries. or maybe it's just easier for mexico to coordinate all the international relations at once?

maybe mathilde and philippe took advantage of haakon and MM still being in mexico to meet up with them?

Sigh* While I like President Calderon his wife... look at her standing next to gorgeous Mathilde, poor fitting out fit, she didnt even bothers to blow dry her hair... those shoes. Half of the time she looks like the president's body guard not his wife. She is just a walking mess... I dont know why someone hasnt told this woman "HEY WAKE UP, you represent your country lady!"
while i do agree that next to mathilde mrs zavala looks slightly less sophisticated or elegant, i need to say she is actually appropriate and dignified while at the same time being simple. the european type of dressing or behaving would in latin america be too over the top. i think she does very well. i know of other latin american first ladies (ehem... presidents!) who carry themselves not only in an unelegant manner when compared to european wives of statesmen but are also extremely arrogant and impolite. fortunately mrs zavala is simple enough to not fall into the unelegant syle and knows how to keep a secondary role.

She is really very pretty and so well dressed

Nice to see the pose with Carlota's picture, I doubted they would make even the slightest reference to that history at all. Now, if someday they visit and go lay a wreath at the site of the battle of Tacambaro -THAT would be something. There are at least two monuments I think in Belgium for the battle so evidently someone in the past thought it was worth remembering. Today good trade relations is probably more important (sigh) but that's modern progress for you.

mexico is getting so many visits lately! the french presidential couple, the norwegian and shortly after the belgian crown princely couples. i think i'm also missing someone else in the middle! what a coordination. i wonder why there's such an interest on mexico at the moment by all the norwegian countries. or maybe it's just easier for mexico to coordinate all the international relations at once?

maybe mathilde and philippe took advantage of haakon and MM still being in mexico to meet up with them?

while i do agree that next to mathilde mrs zavala looks slightly less sophisticated or elegant, i need to say she is actually appropriate and dignified while at the same time being simple. the european type of dressing or behaving would in latin america be too over the top. i think she does very well. i know of other latin american first ladies (ehem... presidents!) who carry themselves not only in an unelegant manner when compared to european wives of statesmen but are also extremely arrogant and impolite. fortunately mrs zavala is simple enough to not fall into the unelegant syle and knows how to keep a secondary role.

And don't forget,HM Queen Beatrix,and probably our sweethearts of the forum Alexander and Máxima...:rolleyes:.,will pay a State Visit to Mexico this fall.But first the President and Mrs. will pay a State Visit to the UK end of this month,march 30th till april 2nd.:flowers:

Veering off the topic a bit, I would like to note that all these visits are beneficial to Mexico and its image in the international arena. It would be fair to say that the country is more known for not so pleasant reports related to drugs and criminal activities. I do hope that all these visits contribute to new business opportunities for Mexican businessmen that would result in a better life for usual people.

The Obama's are coming too. I'm really looking forward for that one

Thank you for posting the pics Iceflower. Princess Mathilde always looks good in red:)

The Obama's are coming too. I'm really looking forward for that one

my goodness. very high profile visits, indeed. i'm curious about this sudden burst of interest in mexico now!

I adore Mathildes Jacket, and the pictures of her going to kiss the boy.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom