Philippe's Economic Mission to Argentina and Uruguay; 4-10 Oct. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Prince Philip is on an Economic Mission to Argentina. An article in Dutch about his visit of today here. He visited the gas electricity factory 'General Manuel Belgrano' in Campana.

I just checked the royal website, Monarchie.be. Apparently the prince arrived two days ago already. He will stay in Buenos Aires until the 8th. After that he will go to Montevideo. The minister of Foreign Affairs, Karel de Gucht accompanies the prince.

that's great news and something different for philipe. was a diary released for the visits?

I haven't seen one on the website of the Belgian RF sadly.

Two pictures from belga:

Picture 1

Picture 2

The caption: Prince Philippe of Belgium (L) greets Argentinean Chancellor Jorge Taiana (R) prior the beginning of a trade meeting between the two countries at Argentinean Chancellery Palace San Martin in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on 06 October 2008

Crown Princess Phillipe tends to do a good job with economical missions to various countries. I hope there will be more information and photos about the visit.

Philippe met president Cristina Fernandez, as Victoria said he would ;):

Caption:
Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner (R) and Belgian Prince Philippe (2-L) hold a meeting at the presidential palace in Buenos Aires on October 7, 2008. Prince Philippe arrived in Argentina on Monday leading a trade mission. Trade between their countries reached 655 million dollars last year, nearly two-thirds of which was Argentine exports to Belgium
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

President Fernandez de Kirchner has changed her hair colour. I remember her having red hair colour. Apart from hair colour, I hope that this mission will further facilitate mutually beneficial relationships between two countries.

Does anybody know how long the meeting lasted? I believe she 'kicked' Máxima out after 15 minutes or so already in the past. The president looks rather subdued compared to her normal style.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Maxima was/is Argentinian. Although she is a Dutch Crown Princess, President Kirchner has not viewed as her as a true foreigner. Thus, she found it possible to make a meeting as short as possible. Perhaps, she has got a different style of communicating with true foreign dignitaries or has been advised to behave differently.

Does anybody know how long the meeting lasted? I believe she 'kicked' Máxima out after 15 minutes or so already in the past. The president looks rather subdued compared to her normal style.

The meeting lasted an hour and then they had lunch at San Martín Palace.

Ah, that is very decent of the president ;). opf coruse an economic mission is important at the moment.

An article in English here, from royalblog.

Ah, that is very decent of the president ;). opf coruse an economic mission is important at the moment.

Cheers to that. ;)
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02CqcN68QSaTY/610x.jpg

Seems President Kirchner (or her champagne, who knows) cheered Philippe up a bit though. Het Laatste Nieuws reports that Philippe looks affected after losing his f-i-l and calls home (during breaks) more often than usually to find out how his family is doing and to lend a bit of support to them. According to Philippe it was tough to leave so soon after the funeral since his wife who was very close to her father is having a hard time, but Mathilde also knows how important this mission is, so it´s okay for both of them.
And besides lunching with Cristina and other things there also was a festive contract signing ceremony in the Belgian embassy yesterday since the Belgians scored some nice deals and sold cyclotrons and electricity/petrol stuff.

And in the meantime Philippe, his travel companion Vincent Van Quickenborne (federal minister for enterprise, innovation and simplification of the administration) and the rest of the delegation touched down in Montevideo/Uruguay and met with President Tabaré Vázquez and Foreign Minister Gonzalo Fernandez.
HQ pics: http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/fotos/2008/10/2008100803.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom