P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisabeth gets more and more beautiful. She looks very grown-up. The boys are very handsome and Eleonore looks very sweet. I love the rolling backpack one of the boys is using. His back and shoulders will definitely benefit from not lugging all the heavy textbooks from class to class.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

There are basic two models when it comes to moving around during the school day. In the American model, students move from one classroom to another to have classes with different teachers. In many European countries, on the contrary, students always stay in the same classroom and the teachers are the ones who move from one room to another to teach different classes. I would suspect Belgium follows the latter model, rather than the former. Can anyone please confirm (or deny) that ?

Is Eureka also a Dutch-speaking school ?

Why is he crying ? Doesn't he like the school or does his learning disability make it too painful to go to school ?

Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive. It is just that children of his age normally no longer cry on the first day of school, so I wonder what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are basic two models when it comes to moving around during the school day. In the American model, students move from one classroom to another to have classes with different teachers. In many European countries, on the contrary, students always stay in the same classroom and the teachers are the ones who move from one room to another to teach different classes. I would suspect Belgium follows the latter model, rather than the former. Can anyone please confirm (or deny) that ?

It depends on the school. Both models exist in Belgium.

Is Eureka also a Dutch-speaking school ?

Yes, it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, these tears broke my heart of grandmother, they recalled me when I brought my children for the first time to school, they cried and it was very difficult to leave them.
Prince Emmanuel is alone to go to the chool, his other brother and sisters are together to an another school or college, of course, he is going to this school and it is good fo him but it is so moving, King Philippe is a very loving father

Why is he crying ? Doesn't he like the school or does his learning disability make it too painful to go to school ?

Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive. It is just that children of his age normally no longer cry on the first day of school, so I wonder what is going on.

I think he probably wanted to be in the same school as the brothers.

Blog Real, yes, he wanted probably to be in the same school as his brother and sister.
At this age, a child can be sad and seems himself alone after these months of holidays when he was always with Elizabeth, Gabriel and Leonor.

He has been in a different school for a few years hasn't he:sad: just seems sad at his age to still see tears still at school. Philippe though seems such a caring dad.

Elisabeth looks do grown up. Eleanor is adorable:flowers: gave is growing into a nice young man

King Philippe was a sensitive and very shy child also he understood the sadness of his child and he is a caring daddy.

Elizabeth became a beautiful grown up, Gabrieal, Emmanuel and Leonor changed a lot during the summer. It is a beautiful family.

King Phillipe seems to be such a loving, hands on father. You can tell he just adores his children.

It is Elisabeth (not with z), Gabriël, Emmanuel and Eléonore (not Leonor). I see this missepelling repeatedly occurring, so I thought I'd make a small note of it. And the only nicknames we know are Lisa and Manu, we don't know the names for Gabriël and Eléonore - if they have any.

I was very pleased to see the pictures and video today, I am delighted when I see the elder two. They have a special something for me.

Last edited:
What grade would each of them be in the American system. I tried looking up Belgian system but its not really adding up. Princess Elisabeth is only one year older than me but It seems like from what I looked at she would be a junior or senior.

Elisabeth goes to the 3rd year of secondary school, Gabriel to his 1st year.
Eléonore goes to the 2nd year of elementary school, Emmanuel to his 5th year.

In Belgium it's 3 or 4 years of pre school (2,5 - 5 years old) then 6 years of elementary school (6 - 12) then 6 years of secondary school (12 - 18 years old) then off to university or college.

Add one year to this.

It is a pity that the photograher made the paparazzi photo of prince Emmanuel being comforted by his father. It should not have been made and should not ahve been published IMO. I have not seen the photos on any Belgian news outlet yet fortunately.

How does this Eureka school work? When Emmanuel went there for his first year there, some users here explained to me that he was to spend a few years there and then go back to a regular school. Yet it has been what? 3/4 years now and he is still going there. I'm just assuming he's not happy to be back there again and he just wants to go to school with his siblings.

Those pictures broke my heart, my grandson is 10 yrs old with special needs too. He has been at the same small school for 3 years now but he cried the first day and didn't want his dad or me to leave him. At his age he knows he is "different" now and school is very hard for him, he still can't read or hardly write but still wants so much to be like everyone else, I am sure Prince Emmanuel is feeling some of the same things. Thankfully my grandson came home from school a happy boy, hopefully the little Prince will feel the same way :flowers:

I read somewhere that he stays in internat all the week, perhaps the internat is too hard for him?

I never read he stayed in Internat.... I really doubt it... these pix where our King tries to confort him are really precious and show so much love !

Wait so is Prince Emmanuel a special needs child, I haven't read through the threads yet? And is that the reason he goes to the Eureka school?

Wait so is Prince Emmanuel a special needs child, I haven't read through the threads yet? And is that the reason he goes to the Eureka school?

He has a learning disability, dyslexia according to hello, the disability revealed when he began the school a few years ago.

Is it a boarding school? If so, I can understand his tears. Sensitive boys do cry, they shouldn't have taken that picture or published it. Not good to be singled out like this

I think Philippe is particularly close to Emmanuel due to his sensitive nature, I've seen pics of him taking the boy to air shows, to have ice cream on his birthday, etc.

The Eureka school is a private school for normal to highly gifted children between 7 and 14 years old, with a learning disability. Though court has never confirmed this, several royalty journalists in Belgium have stated off the record that Emmanuel has dyslexia.

The prince does not stay overnight, he goes home every day. By car it's about 30 minutes from Kessel-Lo to Laken.

Eureka Onderwijs: dagonderwijs, vakantiecursussen en advies | Eureka Onderwijs

Thank you for the answer about a possible internat, I read this new in a royal french blog.

P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Par...

I work with children with special needs and many of them cry on the first day of school, regardless of age. It could be a change in the routine, anxiety about new teachers and therapists, etc. I'm glad the king was there to comfort his son. I hope Emmanuel had a good day and was able to feel a little bit better.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It might have been because a lot of people were all taking photos I think that would be stressful if he has a few problems

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:I agree Royal Rob that he's aware that the press will be photographing him and this distinguishes him as being different from his siblings. IMHO Emmanuel's placement is appropriate but I hardly think that he wants this reported upon every year when school begins.

I also agree with everyone who has noticed that Phillipe appears to be a very good and caring father.

:previous:I agree Royal Rob that he's aware that the press will be photographing him and this distinguishes him as being different from his siblings. IMHO Emmanuel's placement is appropriate but I hardly think that he wants this reported upon every year when school begins.

I also agree with everyone who has noticed that Phillipe appears to be a very good and caring father.

that's exactly why the royal entourage prevented the pics to be published at first. yet, several news outlet thought this to be a bad move. Prince Emmanuel knows he's in a different position than his siblings, that somehow people will look at him differently. but in the end he's just a boy and he needs his space and he deserves to have these little moments as any other child.

It was nice to see the photos of the Belgian children starting school again. However, I agree with those who think the fact that the photo of Emmanuel upset was published is a little unacceptable. I'm not around children with special needs much but I can imagine that it must be nerving for Emmanuel, and the clicking of the cameras was most likely not helping how he felt about returning to school. I hope that Emmanuel isn't aware of the photos (though in the age of social media, sadly several photos online one would rather not see is quite difficult) and that he managed to enjoy himself at school in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom