The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
It was confirmed that the four children of Queen Mathilde and King Philippe are under constant protection. Bodyguards, camera's in school and an their own polyvalent driver

Video here
__________________

__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 1,681
Blue-I'm not a Dutch speaker so I had a couple of questions for you. Had the children not been receiving protection before their father's ascension to the throne? Was this in response to the kidnapping threat against Elisabeth?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Blue-I'm not a Dutch speaker so I had a couple of questions for you. Had the children not been receiving protection before their father's ascension to the throne? Was this in response to the kidnapping threat against Elisabeth?
They had a little protection, but no personal bodyguards like they have now. And they hadn't videocameras in their classes, or a personal driver.

Yes, it is. (and it's totally to understand!) the chief of guards said "If someone wants to attack prince Philippe, the most easy way is to harm his children. That's why they have to be more protected"
__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
It was confirmed that the four children of Queen Mathilde and King Philippe are under constant protection. Bodyguards, camera's in school and an their own polyvalent driver

Video here
Poor kids...how can you live your childhood/teenage years like that!?!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:04 AM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,685
Is Princess Elisabeth officially the Duchess of Brabant now?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Cris M's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Is Princess Elisabeth officially the Duchess of Brabant now?
Her Royal Highness has been The Duchess of Brabant from the moment of her father's ascension to the Throne.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
Poor kids...how can you live your childhood/teenage years like that!?!
Exactly! When Gabriel and Emmanuel broke their leg, it was like a bomb exploded. People wanted to know how, why and due to who they broke it. Cynically, the palace said it was nobody's bussiness. That's enough for everyone talking about strange things happening at the palace: "strange" how two little boys who are both very active and who plays a lot of sports could break their leg.
I bet every child breaks a leg during his childhood.

Then they followed or they saw prince philippe taking Emmanuel to the psychologist. Again, no commentary from the palace. Is Emmanuel crazy, dumb, depressed? IMHO, it's very normal for a gifted child to go to the psychologist. And especially for a shy, gifted child who is constantly under pressure and treathened with death.

Also, you can see Elisabeth having a lot of difficulties with her new role as hereditary princess. Did she smile once since her father became king? (And to be clear, I totally understand her, I wouldn't smile either) She always looks kind of grumpy and tired of the media attention.
__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Marchesina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
Exactly! When Gabriel and Emmanuel broke their leg, it was like a bomb exploded. People wanted to know how, why and due to who they broke it. Cynically, the palace said it was nobody's bussiness. That's enough for everyone talking about strange things happening at the palace: "strange" how two little boys who are both very active and who plays a lot of sports could break their leg.
I bet every child breaks a leg during his childhood.

Then they followed or they saw prince philippe taking Emmanuel to the psychologist. Again, no commentary from the palace. Is Emmanuel crazy, dumb, depressed? IMHO, it's very normal for a gifted child to go to the psychologist. And especially for a shy, gifted child who is constantly under pressure and treathened with death.

Also, you can see Elisabeth having a lot of difficulties with her new role as hereditary princess. Did she smile once since her father became king? (And to be clear, I totally understand her, I wouldn't smile either) She always looks kind of grumpy and tired of the media attention.


really...all this is absolutely ridicoulous!
Some time ago I found this video on Youtube
You can see how relaxed they are (even Elisabeth is smiling) when they're with their parants and are able to do what kids of their age normally do. but the pressure the public eye is putting on them is quite high and for shy children (as Elisabeth and Emmanuel appear to be) is difficult to cope.
And about Emmanuel ... he's notoriously dyslexic and it's normal for children with this learning disorder to go to a psychologist.
philippe and mathilde are doing a wonderful job as parents and no one should ever dare to say that "strange things" happens at the Palace

Any way. These are new/old pics of Elisabeth right before Xmas (I don't think they were posted here before)

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:49 AM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
really...all this is absolutely ridicoulous!
Some time ago I found this video on Youtube
You can see how relaxed they are (even Elisabeth is smiling) when they're with their parants and are able to do what kids of their age normally do. but the pressure the public eye is putting on them is quite high and for shy children (as Elisabeth and Emmanuel appear to be) is difficult to cope.
And about Emmanuel ... he's notoriously dyslexic and it's normal for children with this learning disorder to go to a psychologist.
philippe and mathilde are doing a wonderful job as parents and no one should ever dare to say that "strange things" happens at the Palace

Any way. These are new/old pics of Elisabeth right before Xmas (I don't think they were posted here before)

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com

Thank you for the video! It is taken at a fair in Brussels - it lasts one month and they biggest one in Belgium. Philippe and Mathilde goes there every year, I think it's the first time with the children :-)
I'm happy to see her smile, on official things she's oftenly grumpy since a few months

The pictures were taken a few days after the threathening against her and her siblings was made official. She's walking to school with her bodyguard and a friend.

I totally agree with you, they are truely amazing parents. Philippe still manage to bring them to school everyday and Mathilde to catch them up. Not sure every king/queen makes time for this every day...
__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
Exactly! When Gabriel and Emmanuel broke their leg, it was like a bomb exploded. People wanted to know how, why and due to who they broke it. Cynically, the palace said it was nobody's bussiness. That's enough for everyone talking about strange things happening at the palace: "strange" how two little boys who are both very active and who plays a lot of sports could break their leg.
I bet every child breaks a leg during his childhood.

Then they followed or they saw prince philippe taking Emmanuel to the psychologist. Again, no commentary from the palace. Is Emmanuel crazy, dumb, depressed? IMHO, it's very normal for a gifted child to go to the psychologist. And especially for a shy, gifted child who is constantly under pressure and treathened with death.

Also, you can see Elisabeth having a lot of difficulties with her new role as hereditary princess. Did she smile once since her father became king? (And to be clear, I totally understand her, I wouldn't smile either) She always looks kind of grumpy and tired of the media attention.
There were also the threats to kidnap her. That's gotta lead to a lot of stress.

Edit; my mistake, you mentioned it. Yes, I agree, she's in too pressured a role for a child.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 773
Blue, is there any evidence in what you say, Elisabeth looked some sort of miserable since the last months (photos, videoclips...)?
You say she looked "grumpy" at official engagements; as far as I know, the children do not attend many official events at this age and since her father´s accession there were perhaps 2 or 3 "official" appearances of the kids and at all of these she looked good spirited as usual, as far as I can recall.
So which events are you referring to?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 474
I would not say she is miserable but she has always, even before the threats, looked pensive, serious or stoic-way more than is usual or normal for a girl her age;That is likely just her personality and I don't expect cheesy grins but when she does smile it does not 'reach her eyes' as they say. It worries me a little.

YMMV.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Blue, is there any evidence in what you say, Elisabeth looked some sort of miserable since the last months (photos, videoclips...)?
You say she looked "grumpy" at official engagements; as far as I know, the children do not attend many official events at this age and since her father´s accession there were perhaps 2 or 3 "official" appearances of the kids and at all of these she looked good spirited as usual, as far as I can recall.
So which events are you referring to?!
There were three, if I'm right, official "moments" (you're right, engagement is a wrong word): When her father became king, their vacation and the engagement of her godfather. She looks grumpy and annoyed at the tree moments. Please look at the pictures/video. If you go back in this thread, you'll notice it was already a topic back then.
She wasn't very happy when she went back to school in september - but maybe it's just that the vacation are over-. I don't say she's a sad sad depressed girl or something like that, just that she looks grumpy and I guess it's hard to handle so much pressure right now.
__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: xxx, Antarctica
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post

Any way. These are new/old pics of Elisabeth right before Xmas (I don't think they were posted here before)

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com
Thanks for these pics Marchesina and I agree with what you wrote.

A girl who is able to smile like this in the pics above 2 days after she received a death threat has a strong personality, I'm not worried at all.



I hope she doesn't google her name though and if she does and it takes her here "All is well Elisabeth, you are fine the way you are." And I think this is the real challenge nowadays for all famous parents raising kids: helping them to deal with the stuff that is spread via the Internet, social media, etc...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
There were three, if I'm right, official "moments" (you're right, engagement is a wrong word): When her father became king, their vacation and the engagement of her godfather. She looks grumpy and annoyed at the tree moments. Please look at the pictures/video. If you go back in this thread, you'll notice it was already a topic back then.
She wasn't very happy when she went back to school in september - but maybe it's just that the vacation are over-. I don't say she's a sad sad depressed girl or something like that, just that she looks grumpy and I guess it's hard to handle so much pressure right now.
maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable in posing for pictures. We tend to forget sometimes she's a 12 years old girl. we should all remember what we were like at her age.
But talking about the videos of Prince's Amedeo engagement what caught my attention was the fact that Philippe and Mathilde's children didn't seem to get along with their cousins. Ok...I know it's just a few seconds long footage and that what we see it's just the top of the iceberg...but I had this sensation in before.
(Please don't take this post post as a kind of "conspiracy theory")
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Blue_'s Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _, Belgium
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable in posing for pictures. We tend to forget sometimes she's a 12 years old girl. we should all remember what we were like at her age.
You're maybe right :-) I guess I'm a little worried about her, (this is the moment where I get shot by everyone here ) I don't want her to be as insecure as her dad was, or have anorexia like Victoria or something like that...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
But talking about the videos of Prince's Amedeo engagement what caught my attention was the fact that Philippe and Mathilde's children didn't seem to get along with their cousins. Ok...I know it's just a few seconds long footage and that what we see it's just the top of the iceberg...but I had this sensation in before.

(Please don't take this post post as a kind of "conspiracy theory")
I think that's very normal. Astrid's older children aren't very close to their little cousins either. Leatitia is less than a year older than Louise, Elisabeth is already two years older than Laetitia and three years older than Louise. Seems nothing, but at that age it is. Gabriel isn't close to Nicolas and Aymeric because he's a lot older, and Eleonore isn't because she's a girl. Also, when you are close to your siblings (as Aymeric &Nicolas and Gabriel & Emmanuel are) you tend to play more with your siblings than with your cousins.
__________________
Despite all the dificulties you face, learn what really matters in life, and never give up hope.

Queen Mathilde
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-18-2014, 09:24 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,027
^^ the age issue is important, but the fact that the parents themselves don't seem to be very close helps too, IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Marchesina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ the age issue is important, but the fact that the parents themselves don't seem to be very close helps too, IMO.
That's exactly my point of yiu. And this is so sad...especially when Philippe always seemed supportive towards his siblings, despite everything (yes I'm mainly referring to Laurent)...end off topic LOL

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 AM
leidi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 317
Elisabeth, reine de la chorale! | rue royale

Elisabeth is a member of her school choir and went to sing in a WWI remembrance concert in Verdun.

Good to see her doing normal activities for her age and leading a somewhat normal life in spite of the threats.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Elisabeth, reine de la chorale! | rue royale

Elisabeth is a member of her school choir and went to sing in a WWI remembrance concert in Verdun.

Good to see her doing normal activities for her age and leading a somewhat normal life in spite of the threats.

Threats? Can someone explain?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]